Slin pin question

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I got a box of insulin pins and noticed that they are NOT individually wrapped. They come in baggies of 10 (they have the caps on them of course). Is this ok to use? I would think they wouldn’t be sterile very long. Looking to you guys for thoughts on the matter

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
So I got a box of insulin pins and noticed that they are NOT individually wrapped. They come in baggies of 10 (they have the caps on them of course). Is this ok to use? I would think they wouldn’t be sterile very long. Looking to you guys for thoughts on the matter
I always get them in bags of 10? Where do you get them single wrapped?

Yes there absolutely fine for our purposes as long as they say sterile on the bag! I buy them by the 100 which is 10 bags of 10.

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
Things don't need to be as sterile as a biolab. Think about when we inject we pull air into the syringe and inject it into multidose vials and its absolutely fine. In this case though I'd imagine they stay pretty damn sterile as long as the caps remain on?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's how every box I ever bought comes, 10 packs of 10

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't (typically) use slins.
But my pins and syringes are individually wrapped.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea I use to get them like that all the time. I know if you get a box of 100 they'll come individually wrapped

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I always get them in bags of 10? Where do you get them single wrapped?

Yes there absolutely fine for our purposes as long as they say sterile on the bag! I buy them by the 100 which is 10 bags of 10.
Used to always get them on Amazon brandzig brand or something like that. All individually wrapped. Bought some b12 shots and those also came with a pack of individually wrapped ones. Never seen non individually wrapped things before. But good to know they are fine to use!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good to know! Have yet to ever see it like that lol 😂
I've actually never seen individually wrapped slin pins before. All my regular pins and syringes come individually wrapped but not the slin pins

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've actually never seen individually wrapped slin pins before. All my regular pins and syringes come individually wrapped but not the slin pins
It’s kinda funny thinking about how different people can have such different experiences over such a long period of time lol

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm diabetic and I've gotten pins from the pharmacy that were in bags as you described, not individually wrapped.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm diabetic and I've gotten pins from the pharmacy that were in bags as you described, not individually wrapped.
I know at Wal mart if you buy 10 they come in a baG like you described but if you buy a box they cone individually wrapped 100 count

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
Same here its kinda weird these people having never seen it like this? BD is my go to brand usually and they come in 10 packs!

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Same here its kinda weird these people having never seen it like this? BD is my go to brand usually and they come in 10 packs!
Yea bd 10 packs aren't individually wrapped but the bd box of 100 they are individually wrapped, you don't get 10 packs of 10

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
Yea bd 10 packs aren't individually wrapped but the bd box of 100 they are individually wrapped, you don't get 10 packs of 10
I see that they have individual boxes but my source for BD Syringes actually gives me 10 packs. They come in a package in loose 10 bags but there minimum is 10 and it's in bags of 10? I see that the 100 box is individual but not from my source?

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
Ive also gotten these boxes too of 9 10 packs before as well and I am pretty sure they do have 1000 boxes with 100 packs of 10 packs as well!
Screenshot_20230103-225125.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This !