Sleep/recovery supplement

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I haven’t looked into this for awhile so I have no idea what’s new and good. I’ve been using ZMA lately but want try something else, preferably something you take and then fall into coma like sleep no matter what you’re doing.

Any recommendations?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's some discussion on related topics, in case you haven't read them through.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
For fast acting calming down, Passion Flower has probably been the most effective for me, supplement wise. Supps are usually pretty subtle in this regard, so a stack product of several calming ingridients will usually work the best. Many like Somatomax, but it has Phenibut in it, so can't be used frequently. I'd say twice a week max. SNS has some sleep and relaxation stack products worth looking in to.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not a supplement but Ketotifen from MA Research really does the trick for me .5mg is all I need.

Ketotifen-1mg.jpg

Last edited:

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would agree here. Great new product that seems to be getting positive feedback!

I haven't SuperHuman Sleep by Alpha Lion but it looks promising from what I can tell.
I think AL SuperHuman Sleep works very well. I get a nice relaxed feeling - you can tell when it kicks in - about 15-20 minutes after consuming and if by chance (or by drinking too much before bed) I get up in the middle of the night, I can get right back to sleep very quickly. I think it has helped my recovery after training as well. The only thing I don't care for is the inclusion of ashwagandha. I've recently tried Sueno, by ASC Supps as it looks to be a more loaded formula, without the ashwagandha, but it hasn't had quite the same effect as SuperHuman Sleep. It's not bad but I need to try it a few more times before I would make a recommendation.

Last edited:

Warner6419

Awards
Hi,
the best supplement that you can use for sleep is magnesium glycinate.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think AL SuperHuman Sleep works very well. I get a nice relaxed feeling - you can tell when it kicks in - about 15-20 minutes after consuming and if by chance (or by drinking too much before bed) I get up in the middle of the night, I can get right back to sleep very quickly. I think it has helped my recovery after training as well. The only thing I don't care for is the inclusion of ashwagandha. I've recently tried Sueno, by ASC Supps as it looks to be a more loaded formula, without the ashwagandha, but it hasn't had quite the same effect as SuperHuman Sleep. It's not bad but I need to try it a few more times before I would make a recommendation.
Nice! It's been on my to try list for a little while now so I need to pick up some on my next order!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I should be getting my TD melatonin sometimes today hopefully will drop feedback on that

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sleep Assist XT is a great product and gets a lot of great feedback.

It is designed so that you can customize your dose to your individual needs. The suggested use ranges from 1 to 4 capsules before bedtime and most people find that 1 or 2 is all they need. For me, I take 1 if I'm going to get 5 to 6 hours of sleep or 2 if I'm wanting 8 hours or so of sleep. One of the best parts for me is that I wake up feeling refreshed and before this product, that was a very rare thing for me.

Here's a link to the write up and product info:

We just launched our Valentines Day sale so for a limited time you can save 30% off with coupon code valentinesday30 which would make Sleep Assist XT be 25.89 each.

Sleep-Assist-XT-Supp-Facts-Directions-etc..png

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sleep Assist XT is a great product and gets a lot of great feedback.

It is designed so that you can customize your dose to your individual needs. The suggested use ranges from 1 to 4 capsules before bedtime and most people find that 1 or 2 is all they need. For me, I take 1 if I'm going to get 5 to 6 hours of sleep or 2 if I'm wanting 8 hours or so of sleep. One of the best parts for me is that I wake up feeling refreshed and before this product, that was a very rare thing for me.

Here's a link to the write up and product info:

We just launched our Valentines Day sale so for a limited time you can save 30% off with coupon code valentinesday30 which would make Sleep Assist XT be 25.89 each.

View attachment 212728
That looks good but I think 5-HTP have been giving me hard time to stay asleep lately… weird

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
really looking forward to the neuro melatonin reviews--when i ran it several months ago i had very good results---price is right also!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
really looking forward to the neuro melatonin reviews--when i ran it several months ago i had very good results---price is right also!!!
This would be my recommendation as well. I use a pill on and off. I find it works great with no hang over feel. And currently on sale.

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
About to buy neuro melatonin and/or sleep assist XT, but do you know if there are any advantages to getting a sleep supplement that promotes "hgh production" while resting?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
About to buy neuro melatonin and/or sleep assist XT, but do you know if there are any advantages to getting a sleep supplement that promotes "hgh production" while resting?
The benefit in theory would be that it would promote HGH production while resting BUT there aren't many things that really actually do that that are safe to take.

Sleep Assist XT works great for me and Neuro Melatonin is a good product as well. If it were me, I would use Sleep Assist XT as my nightly go to and then dose Neuro Melatonin on nights when/if you do or think you're going to have an extra hard time going to or staying asleep.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
personally i am using neuro melatonin nightly....i use a product called somatomax for the chill i get from it but many say it is great for sleep although it doesn't have this effect for me--it does have ingredients that are touted to increase hgh production...it's by hi-tech and can be found at DPS--but i only use at most twice weekly.

Last edited:
BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
The benefit in theory would be that it would promote HGH production while resting BUT there aren't many things that really actually do that that are safe to take.

Sleep Assist XT works great for me and Neuro Melatonin is a good product as well. If it were me, I would use Sleep Assist XT as my nightly go to and then dose Neuro Melatonin on nights when/if you do or think you're going to have an extra hard time going to or staying asleep.
Got it, thank you. I kind of had the feeling that a sleeping supp touting HGH production might be sort of gimmick. I went ahead and bought some Sleep Assist XT!

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
personally i am using neuro melatonin nightly....i use a product called somatomax for the chill i get from it but many say it is great for sleep although it doesn't have this effect for me--it does have ingredients that are touted to increase hgh production...it's by hi-tech and can be found at DPS--but i only use at most twice weekly.
I definetly am interested in Somatomax, but man that phenibut is strong! I picked up some sleep assist and will likely buy the neuro melatonin soon.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got it, thank you. I kind of had the feeling that a sleeping supp touting HGH production might be sort of gimmick. I went ahead and bought some Sleep Assist XT!
Let us know how it works out for you!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I definetly am interested in Somatomax, but man that phenibut is strong! I picked up some sleep assist and will likely buy the neuro melatonin soon.
Phenibut is something to definitely be cautious with. A lot of people love Somatomax but also some people are scared to take it because it doesn't identify how much Phenibut is in it. We don't make Phenibut XT anymore but one of our retailers still does have some in stock for anyone that wants to buy a Phenibut and know the exact dosage they are taking. The retailer is Flex It Nutrition. I won't post a direct link but anyone is welcome to pm me for it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
somatomax contains between 2-3 grams of phenibut per serving--i always shake container before scooping out.

i highly recommend that even experienced phenibut users start at 1/2 scoop--i only use 1/2 scoop no more than twice weekly along with a 1/2 scoop of all out sweat before going for long runs of 3 miles or more with my favorite music--i also advise only using somatomax occassionally--i haven't used it in over a month and getting ready to order some now.

for some reason certain things that are designed to make people sleep have a different effect on me--phenibut and ambien keep me up at night in a kind of trance---my doctor told me that between 3-5% of people have this reaction to ambien....but i love taking phenibut before going on long runs especially with pink floyd pulse playing on my cd player.

for sleep i've been using neuro melatonin-transdermal melatonin and have been sleeping really well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 silly question, what does the XT stand for at the end of all your supplement names ?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 silly question, what does the XT stand for at the end of all your supplement names ?
That's a funny story. You see a lot of brands with the word XT after their names now but we were the first ones to do it - way back in 2004/2005. Gaspari is the first company that I remember to copy us on that (I don't mean that in a bad way, I don't care) and then others started copying us and them and now days its a pretty common thing.

The origin back in 04/05 was that on some of our first products we used the word Xtreme after the names. Then we came out with a couple that had longer names and spelling out Xtreme on the label wouldn't have looked right so we abbreviated it XT.

Originally we weren't using it after a lot of stuff. But as some may remember, back then we were one of the only companies that was offering a lot of single ingredients sports nutrition items. As more companies started offering them, especially the companies that had more marketing money, we weren't coming up in searches as well. For example, Agmatine XT used to be Agmatine Caps. And if someone googled Agmatine Caps or Agmatine Capsules, they would get the brands that spent the most to be on the first pages of the search engines or if they typed it in the search function on retailers they would get the brand come up first that the site wanted to push. So that's when we started putting XT behind the product name so that instead of searching for Agmatine Caps which could be any brand, the customer could search for Agmatine XT and it would be easier to find. And over the years, it just kind of stuck and became a part of us if that makes sense.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Story and thank you for the answer !! You talk about search engines, I remember years ago when companies would name there business with a name that started with A (AAA Cleaning Service) than they would be the first business listed in the Yellow Pages (Look It Up Kids).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 what was the SNS Sleep Supplement you mentioned that gave you the Vivid Dreams and is it back in stock yet ?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great Story and thank you for the answer !! You talk about search engines, I remember years ago when companies would name there business with a name that started with A (AAA Cleaning Service) than they would be the first business listed in the Yellow Pages (Look It Up Kids).
Ha. I remember that too now that you mentioned it :ROFLMAO:😂

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 what was the SNS Sleep Supplement you mentioned that gave you the Vivid Dreams and is it back in stock yet ?
I get them some with Sleep Assist XT but the one that gives a lot of people really lucid like vivid dreams is our Growth Factor XT product but we haven't gotten it back in stock yet.

Also, I'm strongly considering doing the idea we discussed in that thread about doing a product specifically for vivid and lucid dreaming.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get them some with Sleep Assist XT but the one that gives a lot of people really lucid like vivid dreams is our Growth Factor XT product but we haven't gotten it back in stock yet.

Also, I'm strongly considering doing the idea we discussed in that thread about doing a product specifically for vivid and lucid dreaming.
If you think about it make a post when the Growth Factor XT is back in stock!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you think about it make a post when the Growth Factor XT is back in stock!
Will do :)

I'm thinking about buying up some ingredients for the dream product idea and doing some personal testing on it to see what combinations I like best for it as well.

Warner6419

Awards
Hi everyone here I can tell you the best sleep/recovery supplement;

1. Magnesium.
2. Glycine.

These are the two best supplements for sleep which I also use and they give me great results.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Will do :)

I'm thinking about buying up some ingredients for the dream product idea and doing some personal testing on it to see what combinations I like best for it as well.
If you need a test dummy, let me know.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi everyone here I can tell you the best sleep/recovery supplement;

1. Magnesium.
2. Glycine.

These are the two best supplements for sleep which I also use and they give me great results.
have you tried the neuro melatonin?

transdermal melatonin by iconic formulations

Last edited: