Sleep Meds and OTC Supplements

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For anyone that uses prescription sleep meds like Lunesta, trazodone, ambien, etc, do you worry about interactions with the common supplements we use around here like ashwagandha, rhodiola, etc?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For anyone that uses prescription sleep meds like Lunesta, trazodone, ambien, etc, do you worry about interactions with the common supplements we use around here like ashwagandha, rhodiola, etc?
Not even a little bit. I have taken all three of those and taken them with pretty much every major OTC sleep aid (supplement or not) including phenibut with zero issues. I will say though that I find lunesta and ambien to be not very healthy in general. But no worries on interactions at all

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I want to add so far the sleep prescription that makes me feel the best is remelteon (spelling?) by far. Followed by lunesta if I’m struggling bad. Ambien is trash

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
makes me feel the best is remelteon (spelling?) by far
I've heard this is the best one for falling asleep if you struggle to fall asleep at night!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not even a little bit. I have taken all three of those and taken them with pretty much every major OTC sleep aid (supplement or not) including phenibut with zero issues. I will say though that I find lunesta and ambien to be not very healthy in general. But no worries on interactions at all
Which one works best for keeping one asleep for appropriate length of time? My type of insomnia wake me up like between 1am to 4am and can't fall back asleep, or I wake up 10 times per night.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Which one works best for keeping one asleep for appropriate length of time? My type of insomnia wake me up like between 1am to 4am and can't fall back asleep, or I wake up 10 times per night.
Between remelteon and lunesta for falling asleep and staying asleep. I would personally start with remelteon because that’s much easier to stop vs the other ones.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is me same thing same time every night . I’ve gotten into the same pattern of taking a sleeping aid at 1:00am pretty much every night just to get some more sleep before 6:00am

My life 😵

** edited

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is me same thing same time every night . I’ve gotten into the same pattern of taking sleeping at 1:00am pretty much every night just to get some more sleep before 6:00am

My life 😵
Does it have deleterious effects on your life?

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does it have deleterious effects on your life?
Yes sir. I don’t have sleep apnea that I know of I don’t have a machine for that or anything but I do stop breathing on my out breath in the middle of night and that wakes me up all night long
This is only like half the time but anytime is still destroying me