Sleep Issues

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sleep onset is no issue whatsoever. I’m ready, good and tired for bed by 9pm every night. But occasionally (after my hard training workouts) I wake up at midnight, then fall back asleep until 1 or 2am wide awake and have to take melatonin, niacin, taurine, theanine etc or combinations to go back to sleep but even then, the quality sucks. FWIW, I workout from between 4:30-6:30 usually, usually for an hour and a half but that includes walking on treadmill, stretching and shoulder rehab work. I seriously doubt I’m overtraining. And due to life circumstances, working out at another time isn’t an option.

Anyone else struggle with this and what do you do about it? I really only have 1 excessively hard training session a week due to all my injuries, so I could just use a light dose of phenibut once a week but I don’t really think that’s a wise long term solution. Why does this happen also?

Thanks in advance.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't know that anyone could tell you why it is happening. Are you taking a stimmed pre/product, or drinking any caffeine late in the day or pre-workout?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't know that anyone could tell you why it is happening. Are you taking a stimmed pre/product, or drinking any caffeine late in the day or pre-workout?
Nope, no stims, not even caffeine.
And I’m sure there’s someone with knowledge advanced enough who would know the possible mechanisms for why this happens.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sleep onset is no issue whatsoever. I’m ready, good and tired for bed by 9pm every night. But occasionally (after my hard training workouts) I wake up at midnight, then fall back asleep until 1 or 2am wide awake and have to take melatonin, niacin, taurine, theanine etc or combinations to go back to sleep but even then, the quality sucks. FWIW, I workout from between 4:30-6:30 usually, usually for an hour and a half but that includes walking on treadmill, stretching and shoulder rehab work. I seriously doubt I’m overtraining. And due to life circumstances, working out at another time isn’t an option.

Anyone else struggle with this and what do you do about it? I really only have 1 excessively hard training session a week due to all my injuries, so I could just use a light dose of phenibut once a week but I don’t really think that’s a wise long term solution. Why does this happen also?

Thanks in advance.
1-2 doses of Phenibut isn’t likely to cause dependence. Have you tried Amnesia yet? You should give it a try if not. It works great for me. I was waking up 3-4 times nightly with trouble returning to sleep. Now I commonly wake up only one if I need to use the restroom. I usually eat a late meal so restroom needs are to expected. A plus is that it knocks me out fast and doesn’t have a hangover. Cottonmouth sometimes because of late meals is the only minor negative I’ve experienced.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1-2 doses of Phenibut isn’t likely to cause dependence. Have you tried Amnesia yet? You should give it a try if not. It works great for me. I was waking up 34 times nightly with trouble returning to sleep. Now I commonly wake up only one if I need to use the restroom. I usually eat a late meal so restroom needs are to expected. A plus is that it knocks me out fast and doesn’t have a hangover. Cottonmouth sometimes because of late meals is the only minor negative I’ve experienced.
Haven’t tried it yet. Guess I give it a shot.

Did you mean you were waking up 3-4 times a night or actually 34? lol

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sleep apnea? Try getting a sleep study or record your sleep for 8 hours.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MR Sleep is solid. I just logged it. Like you, I do not have issues getting to sleep, but I do wake up two, sometimes three times per night. I go right back to sleep and the sleep quality is top notch.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For what it's worth, if I'm not well fed ill wake-up starving wide awake in the middle of the night. I get the best sleep when I have a sizable meal right before bed. My sleep absolutely sucks when I do an extended cut.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
MR Sleep is solid. I just logged it. Like you, I do not have issues getting to sleep, but I do wake up two, sometimes three times per night. I go right back to sleep and the sleep quality is top notch.
Do you have a link?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thanks in advance.
Ive noticed in the past esp when i first start upping up my hormones sleep issues, or maybe from very very intense training like a leg day. Also working at my job which I am on my feet and move around some helps, along with two training sessions a day. Sometimes one.

are you taking a basic zinc and magnesium before bed? Its a really simple vitamins, and I feel when I get them in I feel more relaxed at night.

I ve tried and mixed a combo of things , gaba, glutamine, l theanine at separate times in the same day. Ive done the phenibut route every night for a month or so back when Millenium Sports Somnidren GH-Ultra had phenibut in it. Now that MST took phenibut out of Somnidren GH-Ultra, it has some good ingredients for sleep, gaba, l theanine, zinc, magnesium so that's a good supplement for sleep. Meditation seems to help quiet my mind along with a sleep cd on repeat throughout the night.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Nutrition / Health 56
cruze1911r1 Anabolics 28
B Supplements 9
0 35 and Older 34
M Anabolics 7