Answered Sleep / Anxiety stacking - Advice?

TheGunslinger

Awards
Hi all,

After some research on the forum I have decided to use the following compononents for a pre-bed and anti-anxiety stack.

I'd appreciate it if y'all could weigh in on the stack and any recommendations for timings and dosage; this seems to be where there is the most conflicting information.

The stack is as follows:

Lions Mane
Ashwagandha
Lemon Balm
Zinc
Magnesium

And a sleep aid that contains:

Glycine – 1g. Glycine
L-Theanine – 100mg
Rutaecarpine – 100mg
Inositol – 100mg
Melatonin – 0.5mg

Again any advice or doses or timings appreciated.

I took the Lions Mane, Ashwagandha & Lemon Balm this morning as the bottles directed for the anxiety reduction purposes and it has made me sleepy.

The stack itself before bed last night actually worked pretty well.

Thanks in advance.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What are the doses and standardization for the lions mane, ash, and lemon balm product?

Some do find ashwagandha to be sedating and lemons balm should be relaxing as well. You could always split the dose or take it later in the day for the “calming” effect. Even done that way some of the longer term anxiety reductions should still show benefit with daily use.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I suggest getting magnesium glycinate and taking 400mg elemental (usually 4 caps of whatever brand), then add another 2-3g plain glycine before bed. Great stack.

But nothing has worked as well for anxiety and sleep as quality cbd. I’m loving Herbstrong’s.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Genius Sleep Aid is one of my favorites I love rutaecarpine. Also I think you would greatly benefit from SNS Stress and Anxiety which contains full doses of Sensoril Ashwaghanda, L theanine, Bacopa and rhodiola rosea. I think lemon balm would be a nice addition as well as SNS ZMA XT but the lions mane is expensive and more of a brain booster. While I love lions mane I don’t think it will give you too much of what you’re looking for here

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For what it is worth, I have read Glycine should be dosed 3-4g pre bed.. but, the past couple weeks I tried Glycine and Ornithine for sleep and didn't notice any improvements in how I felt the next day.