Sleep aids

N

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a good sleeper. I'm the power nap guy. Don't want rx sleep medication. What have you all found otc that works best without hangover effects.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not a good sleeper. I'm the power nap guy. Don't want rx sleep medication. What have you all found otc that works best without hangover effects.
If your Cortisol levels are elevated (even slightly) it can really mess with your sleep.
AET-50 helps a lot with that.
(Honestly)
... And right now, all Apex products are Mix and Match BOGO Free.

.... Also, @f4iguy had some decent suggestions.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm same as you, and don't want meds.... so, Nothing unfortunately, I'm also not a good sleeper, never have been. I'm just lucky I'm one of those ppl that functions very well on 5-6hours of sleep.

I've tried a million things, and while many of them make me fall asleep, none of them help me stay asleep. I typically wake up 3 times a night and sometimes after the second time I wake up I just accept it and start my day.

I'm sure other people got stuff that works for them but I've never really found something that makes me stay asleep

P

PaulKiwi775

Awards
I'm same as you, and don't want meds.... so, Nothing unfortunately, I'm also not a good sleeper, never have been. I'm just lucky I'm one of those ppl that functions very well on 5-6hours of sleep.

I've tried a million things, and while many of them make me fall asleep, none of them help me stay asleep. I typically wake up 3 times a night and sometimes after the second time I wake up I just accept it and start my day.

I'm sure other people got stuff that works for them but I've never really found something that makes me stay asleep
exactly the same for me…
Ashwagandha is very good for that too but it makes me lethargic during the day

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
+1 for Magnesium.
I like a pm Fat Burner called ThermoVex PM but its a dreaded proprietary blend

Also a sup that contains many of the suggestions plus Melatonin called TranquiliX :

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
exactly the same for me…
Ashwagandha is very good for that too but it makes me lethargic during the day
Ashwagandha didn't do anything for me, like zero. But I'm glad because something that made me more lethargic after not sleeping good would be a double whammy.

Weed, particularly edibles as I don't like to smoke, but edibles cause that effect on me the following day. I eat one and after being stoned for a couple hours I would pass out, I wouldn't wake up that first time I normally would, then I would wake up middle of the night 1-2 times and when I finally fall back asleep it would make me not want to get up in the morning. It's only good for me if I was planning on sleeping in or doing nothing the next day.

For a while I thought It was helping but I realized even tho I was sleeping a little longer, the quality of sleep was worse and I was tired the following day