Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Because that is where you find Watched threads. Its under "Filter"
You literally posted this to us, so this is where the problem lies. Seeing all of your watched threads is not under Filter.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill try on my laptop when I get home
Thank you!

Its the same on all platforms. The picture you posted literally has an option of Watched Threads. Click it.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
More than likely you've set your default filters on New posts to only filter "watched" as well when you were in there. I'd suggest going in there and resetting that by going to the Filters drop down, changing your Show only: to what you want it to be and then click the Save as default at the bottom then click Filter. If you go into Watched threads from the correct location, filters are not even an option. Check it out on your laptop later.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
More than likely you've set your default filters on New posts to only filter "watched" as well when you were in there. I'd suggest going in there and resetting that by going to the Filters drop down, changing your Show only: to what you want it to be and then click the Save as default at the bottom then click Filter. If you go into Watched threads from the correct location, filters are not even an option. Check it out on your laptop later.
I will try when i get home on laptop
Thanks again! I am so used to the old board, so its still a learning process!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killin me bob..lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Killin me bob..lol
From post #143
The white arrow to the right of whats new is what I clicked from the SS on the computer picture.
I will try later on laptop. I appreciate all the help

Last edited:
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any way to get to my inbox on the app? When I tap messages it takes me to my sent box... uninstalled/reinstalled logged out/in and everything

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
There aren't even Inbox and Sent anymore. Its a private thread between you or more people.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There aren't even Inbox and Sent anymore. Its a private thread between you or more people.
Huh interesting. So I guess I just have to do some serious cleanup then cuz right now I have a new thread for every message I’ve sent in quite awhile ha. Had about 4 in my inbox but lots in sent

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have 436 pages. lol

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ha, yeah but now there is no cap on messages.
When I delete messages now it says "delete or delete and unfollow" should just be one option, right if all messages are really just private threads now?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When I delete messages now it says "delete or delete and unfollow" should just be one option, right if all messages are really just private threads now?
Unfollow would be more for group private threads with more than one other person where you don’t want to be a part of the conversation any longer but you want to save some info that was part of the conversation.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any way to turn off the app push notifications? My toggle switch is off but now I’m getting them for everything including random new started threads...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Browser push or phone app?
Phone app. Also getting random emails now occasionally too. Literally just the last hour or two it started after I reinstalled

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Phone app. Also getting random emails now occasionally too. Literally just the last hour or two it started after I reinstalled
Check and see what threads you’re following. That’s where the phone app gets its data from. See if it matches what you’re getting pushes for.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Check and see what threads you’re following. That’s where the phone app gets its data from. See if it matches what you’re getting pushes for.
Some yes (quoted post and such) but others totally random like the new threads
IMG_5708.JPG

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Also, check the push settings from within the app not from your account on the web version of the site. There are two different “push” options available now. The one on the website is for push notifications to your browser and the one within the phone app controls the phone pushes.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Also, check the push settings from within the app not from your account on the web version of the site. There are two different “push” options available now. The one on the website is for push notifications to your browser and the one within the phone app controls the phone pushes.
Yeah I tried to toggle it on the app but it was off to start and even when I toggle on, exit that screen and go back, it shows off again (like it won’t stay on)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some yes (quoted post and such) but others totally random like the new threads View attachment 181668

You must be watching the forum and in your Settings on the app, have the option of sending a push to forums you are watching.

In the app, tap the 3 bars top right, Settings, Push Notifications. You can edit what you want there.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I tried to toggle it on the app but it was off to start and even when I toggle on, exit that screen and go back, it shows off again (like it won’t stay on)
I had this happen once. I cleared the cache, deleted the app then reinstalled. Yes, its weird.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had this happen once. I cleared the cache, deleted the app then reinstalled. Yes, its weird.
Seems to have worked so far. At least all my toggles work now.

I remember the last major update I started getting random email updates occasionally too for a bit. I still do get a random one once every few months ha

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems to have worked so far. At least all my toggles work now.

I remember the last major update I started getting random email updates occasionally too for a bit. I still do get a random one once every few months ha

Well this is the largest one we've ever had....switching entire platforms.... so what ends up happening is things actually start working the way they were intended. lol

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like notifications on mobile broke again.. 13 hours ago

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Push or "notifications" tab? iOS or Android

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got network error then tried reloading it and it worked.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For me, my inbox was wiped clean a few days ago.. and today I posted a reply to a thread on TRT, can't find my reply or the thread.. wierdly, after I submitted a reply app took me to a different thread altogether.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, we have gremlins or something.

I would advise anyone having issues, clear cookies and cache in all browsers you use. I would also delete the app entirely and re-download.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For me, my inbox was wiped clean a few days ago.. and today I posted a reply to a thread on TRT, can't find my reply or the thread.. wierdly, after I submitted a reply app took me to a different thread altogether.
Reinstalling the app on Android, restored my inbox mails. I'll check to see if I can find my TRT thread post too. Looks great on web too, but I use that less.

Yeah everyone should just reinstall app / clear browser cookies.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Reinstalling the app on Android, restored my inbox mails. I'll check to see if I can find my TRT thread post too. Looks great on web too, but I use that less.

Yeah everyone should just reinstall app / clear browser cookies.
seconded. I had to do it twice cuz the first time i did it was still during the new roll out, but since then after the re-install the app has been rock solid for me

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
seconded. I had to do it twice cuz the first time i did it was still during the new roll out, but since then after the re-install the app has been rock solid for me
I wish there was a way I could force people to do it. :)

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you still rep people? I can't work it out via browser mode?

Inregards to inbox now, has limit increased? Just want to delete individual messages rather than whole conversations

Thank you

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
No such thing as rep anymore. You have reactions and answers and people vote on that.

No limit on conversations.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All I see is a like?
I'm using browser, I do recall app being different.
All good, no big deal. Good news about conversations I was hitting the limit constantly.

Thank you
No such thing as rep anymore. You have reactions and answers and people vote on that.

No limit on conversations.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the app its only like..on desktop or mobile browser when you hover over Like it has many options.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the app its only like..on desktop or mobile browser when you hover over Like it has many options.
It must be because I use browser mode on my mobile phone 😂😂😂

I'll definitely try it out on my laptop later tho.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It must be because I use browser mode on my mobile phone 😂😂😂

I'll definitely try it out on my laptop later tho.

On my browser on my phone, if I hold the Like the options show up.

If you are having a lot of issues, I suggest clearing cookies and cache on browsers and reinstalling the app if you use that. We did a lot of work behind the scenes that could cause some issues with old cache's and cookies.