Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm working on making a really simple meal prep reference guide or whatever you wanna call it for myself and some friends.

The goal is simple as possible but tasty

Example
1 store cooked rotisserie chicken (skin removed)

1 box protein+ pasta

1 bag frozen peas

1 bell pepper

1 bunch green onions

1 single serve fat free Greek yogurt

1 packet powdered ranch

I take the chicken and strip all the meat off, the rest of the ingredients are made into a pasta salad with a few other spices to taste.

This gives you a total of 265gm protein and 3000 calories, low in fat high in carbs and protein. This was my food for today and it's my go to when I need to be quick and simple (I normally don't eat the same meal 5 times a day but sometimes I do). and it cost $15 and takes less then 30min to put it all together.

Anyone got some easy to throw together stuff they do similar to what I'm saying???
Or you could obviously divide it up into whatever size portions and fit it in your day as you see necessary. I'm basically looking for "making meals in bulk ideas" that aren't chicken and rice or salads and the usual

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just cooked one 20 minutes ago…Eating it with a Netflix movie…

One quality burger in a small pot…cut it up a bit. When it’s starting to cook, throw in a whole can of black beans.

Doesn’t take long at all to cook, dump that whole mix in a bowl and eat!

(Add anything ya want to it. Tonite I added a bit of shredded Parmesan cheese.) Burger was a prime butchers blend, really nice. You can also just use ground beef, of course…but the burger option gives you the macros and portion, perfectly…also allows you just make a burger with any of the others left in the pack.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just put a few pieces of tilapia and or chicken breast in the oven. Same for frozen green beans and or , sweet potatoes.
Once finished, put everything in Tupperware and it will last

You can cook egg whites and store in tilapia, as well. I cook in the microwave or make an egg white pancake type deal and same as the poultry, placed in tupperware.

If at work , or travelling. Canned chicken and tuna w/ canned green beans , or spinach. Make a mix.
W/ a cooler and ice pack, you can totally pack liquid egg whites , or make protein sludge.

Liquid egg whites mixed with water enhancer ,or bcaa's. Fast way to get protein in.

Packing a few scoops of whey, you can easily make sludge on the go, as well.

Proats and cream of rice too.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

One quality burger in a small pot…cut it up a bit. When it’s starting to cook, throw in a whole can of black beans.

(Add anything ya want to it. Tonite I added a bit of shredded Parmesan cheese.) Burger was a prime butchers blend, really nice. You can also just use ground beef, of course…but the burger option gives you the macros and portion, perfectly…also allows you just make a burger with any of the others left in the pack.
Oh yeah, with a slow cooker, you can make pulled chicken. So good

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just put a few pieces of tilapia and or chicken breast in the oven. Same for frozen green beans and or , sweet potatoes.
Once finished, put everything in Tupperware and it will last

You can cook egg whites and store in tilapia, as well. I cook in the microwave or make an egg white pancake type deal and same as the poultry, placed in tupperware.

If at work , or travelling. Canned chicken and tuna w/ canned green beans , or spinach. Make a mix.
W/ a cooler and ice pack, you can totally pack liquid egg whites , or make protein sludge.

Liquid egg whites mixed with water enhancer ,or bcaa's. Fast way to get protein in.

Packing a few scoops of whey, you can easily make sludge on the go, as well.

Proats and cream of rice too.
Not quite what I'm looking for, I have a million individual meals, but I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any big 1 pot dishes that they know the total macros or calories for that concoction.

So basically you make one giant meal and you know the total macros and can portion it as needed.

If that makes sense.

I've done all the the Normal meal prep stuff and I have probably a hundred recipes for individual meals/portions.

Another example is a crockpot burrito bowl,

1.5 lb ground beef cooked and drained, throw it in the crockpot with 2 cans of beans, 1 bag frozen corn, 2 cups of diced peppers and onions, 1 small bttl of taco sauce. I'd have to go look up the totals but this is more of what I'm getting at, not individual meal ideas or the normal cook up 5 lbs of chicken and portion it out ect.

I'm not the greatest at explaining what I'm thinking lol.

I know what I want in my head but can't always put it into words lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

This is kinda how I start my burrito bowls

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pulled chicken in the crockpot is another thing I love
Yeah, misread your post, but sweet potato w/ cream of rice is delicious. protein you can add are eggs , or whey

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, misread your post, but sweet potato w/ cream of rice is delicious. protein you can add are eggs , or whey
Cream of rice is one thing I don't think I have ever eaten.... I'm gonna have to pick some up and try it

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i boil a bunch of chicken breast in salted water for 15 mins. Let it cook then just shred it apart and that’s my base for a lot of things.
can now add taco seasoning and make tacos, add g Hughes sauces like bbq or sweet chili and make sandwiches on 647 bread.
Takes no time at all and super easy and versatile.