Signs of Sub-optimal TRT dosing

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Hello, I've been on TRT for the past 3 years and just recently started a low dose AAS cycle. 8 weeks of 200mg Test E/100mg NPP. More for putting on some size and better joint lubrication. I've been on Xyosted/subQ Enanthate 75mg/week for at least a year. Over the past year my labs show Free T in high 300s, moderate E2, good lipids. However I've noticed signs of weak erections, premature ejaculation when having sex with my wife at certain times of the day. I don't have this issue so much when having sex in the mornings. Since increasing my exogenous test, erection quality has been much better, more energy, able to last longer with sex, just better feeling overall. Maybe I've hit a wall with 75mg (1x a week) and need to up the dose. I realize 200mg isn't sustainable but I would think 125mg a week is normal for a lot of guys out there. I'm 39 years old, 5'10" 185, 14%bf. Wife's sex drive is out of control which is a good thing but my PE is pretty bad at times. I really think T levels contribute here.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
75mg once a weeks pretty low to begin with. Are you sure it’s your free T at 300 and not total? Free rest of 300 is crazy at that dosage, something’s not adding up.

Last edited:

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
My apologies. Just received latest labs back: Total Testosterone = 289 (range 264 - 916), E2 = 12 (range 11-44), PSA = 1.58

Yeah I'm seriously thinking my testosterone is just not where it needs to be to feel at my best. My doctor did just bump me to 100mg/week. After my current cycle I probably will go back to regular Test E to get my levels more in the 400-500 range.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My apologies. Just received latest labs back: Total Testosterone = 289 (range 264 - 916), E2 = 12 (range 11-44), PSA = 1.58

Yeah I'm seriously thinking my testosterone is just not where it needs to be to feel at my best. My doctor did just bump me to 100mg/week. After my current cycle I probably will go back to regular Test E to get my levels more in the 400-500 range.
400 to 500 is still crap for someone on trt. 150mg puts me in the 900s

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If your DR. Thinks 300 to 500 is acceptable then you need a new DR
This.

The "reference ranges" in the medical fraternity are garbage imo. This is a big part of why I decided to go down the road of ugl trt. At 37 with 2 kids and a vasectomy I've lost interest in trying to pct just to lose the gains on cycle. Just my thoughts and is not at all intended to be medical advice

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Well I've been going to an anti aging clinic for the past couple years but I'm starting to just feel like a number there now. They are making more money on fat loss, PRP for erectile dysfunction, and since no longer taking insurance with visits I don't feel the place is the same.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well I've been going to an anti aging clinic for the past couple years but I'm starting to just feel like a number there now. They are making more money on fat loss, PRP for erectile dysfunction, and since no longer taking insurance with visits I don't feel the place is the same.
Tell them that you still have all the signs of low T and that would like to see how you feel in the upper range. If they refuse, find a new dr. Just make sure your prepared for your blood test by taking adequate time off your cycle. Better yet, don’t start at all and get this resolved now instead of screwing with your current numbers

Last edited:
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
200mg a week puts me at 1200 before my next pin, all other levels are good but I’ll probably lower it here soon to test it out. I’d definitely shoot for 700+ total test to try. If 75mg has you at 289 100mg will probably still have you below 400. Your e2 also may be the one causing you issues. It plays a big role in sex drive.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I take a 1/2 anastrazole pill each week I shoot 75mg. Might be a good idea to skip a week of anastrazole.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
400 to 500 is still crap for someone on trt. 150mg puts me in the 900s
Agreed! And if his dr wants him to remain in the 400-500 range he needs to find another one.