Sign of a spiked product?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was using a pre workout recently. Everyone was raving about it but the ingredient panel looked very basic. I bought a tub as it was going at a reasonable price and the first time i tried it i was like. This feels ALOT stronger and almost adderal like. Seemed strange but was almost on par with Craze.

I used the tub up and within a day or 2 i started to get crazy withdrawals. I was still drinking coffee so wasn't caffeine withdrawals.

I then checked the product online again and it had sky rocketed in price?

Just seems strange? Hopefully this feeling passes quick enough as i can barely function!

Any thoughts?

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well, there are certainly things they could include that would produce withdrawal. Cathines and cathinones come to mind.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wasn't wanting to post the name? Wasn't sure if the rules allowed it?

Their a small brand company but their pre has seemed to have took off big time. Ie sold out everywhere and company's sky rocketing the price. The ingredient panel is a proprietary blend aswell and just doesn't match the 'effects'

I know withdrawal feelings and these became apparent when i stopped the pre. Just seemed suspicious with the price going up so quick and everywhere sold out even though they are small branded.

Might just be me speculating though.......

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sometimes labels look a little rubbish, but then when you take them all the ingredients synergise together

Could just be that?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In the spirit of schrodinger's cat, it's both a yes it is spiked and a no it isn't because we don't know what product it is or what is in it (labelled or not).

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP asks if a product is spiked yet OP won't share what it is.
Yeah wtf? Guy just doesn’t want to share. Lol pLus most of the stuff we talk about on here is illegal so not sure what the big deal is.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Could be.... maybe it has DMAA in it. I'll never forget OG Dust with DMAA. That feeling was just unbelievable.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There must be testing companies where individuals can send in their own supplements to be purity tested?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're not saying they for sure the company spiked their product, just what it made you feel like. Some people just react differently to products. I would name it so others can see if they had similar experiences.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, there ain't many PWO which I ever felt was spiked.

Craze, is maybe the only one. Because it always hit good!
MesoMorph was a good PWO, had the whole combo but stim wise It didnt give me a sense of Euphoria like Craze.

Psycho Pharma, the 1st time I took the original ENERGY/FAT BURNER it felt like CRAZE! 2nd time it was 50%, and afterwards I didn't feel it. My body adjusts to stims, however it didn't even adjust to Craze but all I ever took was the 1st batch from Nutraplanet.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also curious. I saw this one called Dark Matter come up and sell out fast

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also curious. I saw this one called Dark Matter come up and sell out fast
The MHP one? Blue bottle and yellow lettering? If so, that's an old one and meant for after working out.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is Imperial Nutrition Excelsior...

30 servings = £60 = 78 dollars.

Ingredient panel has the usuals. Citrulline.. Caffeine.. Kigelia Africana (DMHA) Bitter Orange etc.. I have took all of these in other products and never had this effect.

Just seemed that it was selling out so quick at such a high price and that none of the stated ingredients are matching the cost.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Ingredient panel has the usuals. Citrulline.. Caffeine.. Kigelia Africana (DMHA) Bitter Orange etc.. I have took all of these in other products and never had this effect.

Just seemed that it was selling out so quick at such a high price and that none of the stated ingredients are matching the cost.
Looks like this thread had similar opinions 2 years ago https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/imperial-nutrition-excelsior.298053/

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I heard about it years ago, one of the boys here ended up buying it and said it was nothing special.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Very pricey for a below average product with underused ingredients, however I know that's not what you're wanting opinions on.

It's hard to say how much of each stimulant is in there given the prop blend, but perhaps they're different amounts than what you're used to?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I heard about it years ago, one of the boys here ended up buying it and said it was nothing special.
Really?

Such a different feel from it. Suppress's my appetite to the point i could just not eat all day. I have tried loads a pre's and the only ones that suppressed my appetite was Craze and this. Even tried the ECA stack!

Maybe i am just having a certain effect to one of the ingredients?

I did email the company to ask the caffeine content and had no response. Emailed twice too and also asked predator nutrition who also didn't have these details.

Just seemed sketchy

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Really?

Such a different feel from it. Suppress's my appetite to the point i could just not eat all day. I have tried loads a pre's and the only ones that suppressed my appetite was Craze and this. Even tried the ECA stack!

Maybe i am just having a certain effect to one of the ingredients?

I did email the company to ask the caffeine content and had no response. Emailed twice too and also asked predator nutrition who also didn't have these details.

Just seemed sketchy
You currently taking any other supplements ? Maybe the pre workout reacted with other supps you were taking ?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You currently taking any other supplements ? Maybe the pre workout reacted with other supps you were taking ?
None? Just that pre i was taking. I have stopped though and had awful withdrawals

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Either empty wallet (Amino spiking) or shrinked balls (Not so natty anabolic)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very pricey for a below average product with underused ingredients, however I know that's not what you're wanting opinions on.

It's hard to say how much of each stimulant is in there given the prop blend, but perhaps they're different amounts than what you're used to?
That’s the bad thing about prop blends is have no idea the amount of each thing in it. So like said above it could just be more of one product than your use to.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
What would they spike something like this with? DMAA? Wouldn't really surprise me.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
OP said he had 'aweful withdrawls' - do people get this from DMAA (I don't)?
I'm not sure. I don't think I had withdrawals but I was cautious not to use it every day too. You can have withdrawals from caffeine though, so I wouldn't be surprised if you can have it from DMAA. It could be amphetamine but that would be a stupid thing for them to put in there. Who knows...

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I currently use this company's other product, Thermal Spark. It's basically a capped version of Exclesior. It's pretty good. Only need 1 cap.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But the headaches were brutal lol
I remember that now, you had to take ibuprofen with it. By day 3 you were getting random wood and didn't need it at work, like seriously.

Also, I'm fairly certain Asprie36 Palo Alto bought the formula from Myogenix because they had Black Magic that came out before it and was the SAME thing.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, I'm still pissed, I got original samples of Craze sent to me by DS, I got the first batch tub, then the second reformulated one, NEVER experienced what you guys raved about.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, I'm still pissed, I got original samples of Craze sent to me by DS, I got the first batch tub, then the second reformulated one, NEVER experienced what you guys raved about.
It was hit or miss and why I laugh when I see these unopened tubs going for like $500. Odds are those tubs aren't spiked and just your typical average pre-workout.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was hit or miss and why I laugh when I see these unopened tubs going for like $500. Odds are those tubs aren't spiked and just your typical average pre-workout.
This. Just go and buy some drugs like an adult lol. $500 should get you a LOT more bang for your buck.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This. Just go and buy some drugs like an adult lol. $500 should get you a LOT more bang for your buck.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a tub original batch, 1 used serving. I grabbed it for my boss at the time, said it was too strong and asked if I wanted it back 🤣🤣🤣

I have another 2 unopened tubs, grabbed from a store in Australia. If I had known, I'd spent 5k and bought myself 100 tubs and made a killing!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah from what I recall it was certain batches, like a semi half job at trying to fool testing

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Take 3 scoops of OG jacked then talk to me about "feeling spiked" haha

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have gone through a few tubs of Excelsior and always have it on hand now. I have also been using Thermal Spark at least a few times a week since this past Spring.

Thermal Spark is the best feel good “fat burner” available IMO. I use Excelsior at 3/4 scoop as an add on to whatever preworkout I am using at the time. It brings things to a higher level of feel good energy...especially nowadays with preworkout stims being rather lackluster. On the other hand, Excelsior by itself feels pretty darn good for maybe an hour, but is followed by a crash of sorts.

As far as either product being spiked- let’s just say that seems to be the general consensus. Both products do in fact have a much different feel than products that claim to utilize similar ingredients.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have gone through a few tubs of Excelsior and always have it on hand now. I have also been using Thermal Spark at least a few times a week since this past Spring.

Thermal Spark is the best feel good “fat burner” available IMO. I use Excelsior at 3/4 scoop as an add on to whatever preworkout I am using at the time. It brings things to a higher level of feel good energy...especially nowadays with preworkout stims being rather lackluster. On the other hand, Excelsior by itself feels pretty darn good for maybe an hour, but is followed by a crash of sorts.

As far as either product being spiked- let’s just say that seems to be the general consensus. Both products do in fact have a much different feel than products that claim to utilize similar ingredients.
I've never tried 2 Thermal Spark, 1 is good enough for me. I only take it maybe one day a week though. Most of my workouts are 2 caps of MA Supps Stim Freak and some ephedrine hcl.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've never tried 2 Thermal Spark, 1 is good enough for me. I only take it maybe one day a week though. Most of my workouts are 2 caps of MA Supps Stim Freak and some ephedrine hcl.
I have never tried 2 Thermal Spark at once, but I have had two in one day. It definitely had some nice effects. This past Spring, I also still had some Vicaine kicking around. Thermal Spark and Vicaine together produced the best feeling I have been able to obtain from supplements in many years.

I can definitely see how Stim Freak and Bronkaid could be nice! I am going to pick up a bottle of Stim Freak for the first time once Aterall ER is available..