Side effects after cycle - any advice?

omer_

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi everyone, I would like to ask your opinion.

Last year I ran my first cycle. I ran it for 8 weeks and it consisted in Super Mandro + Dermacrine + ProteX Cycle Assist + Joyful Joints + Taurine.

PCT was Post Cycle 3X by Vital Labs for 8 weeks.

The results were great and I managed to keep my gains for a few months. Unfortunately shortly after finishing my PCT I started feeling lethargic, my libido levels went extremely low and I slowly started to lose all the energy and motivation to train (it was the beginning of the first lockdown last year so having to train from home didn’t help for sure!). All those gains are now lost and on top of that, my cholesterol levels went a bit high!

Now - thinking about those gains and form I achieved last year, I am really tempted to run another cycle as soon as the gyms will open again next month (I'm based in the UK). But at the same time I am worried about those negative effects and also losing all the gains after a few months again, which would make the whole thing absolutely pointless!

I’m wondering if it was probably the PCT what was not enough to put my body back on track after the cycle?

I read good things about Arimistane and was considering that as a PCT instead this time? I would welcome your advice.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Last year I ran my first cycle. I ran it for 8 weeks and it consisted in Super Mandro + Dermacrine + ProteX Cycle Assist + Joyful Joints + Taurine.

The results were great and I managed to keep my gains for a few months. Unfortunately shortly after finishing my PCT I started feeling lethargic, my libido levels went extremely low and I slowly started to lose all the energy and motivation to train (it was the beginning of the first lockdown last year so having to train from home didn’t help for sure!). All those gains are now lost and on top of that, my cholesterol levels went a bit high!

Now - thinking about those gains and form I achieved last year, I am really tempted to run another cycle as soon as the gyms will open again next month (I'm based in the UK). But at the same time I am worried about those negative effects and also losing all the gains after a few months again, which would make the whole thing absolutely pointless!

I’m wondering if it was probably the PCT what was not enough to put my body back on track after the cycle?

I read good things about Arimistane and was considering that as a PCT instead this time? I would welcome your advice.
Where did you read good things about Arimistane?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You should really get a SERM, brother (Nolvadex, Clomid ...).

They call a Lot of things PCTs that AREN'T.
Arimistane Definitely isn't.

Wolfhound123

Awards

i learned the hard way lol now anything hormonal clomid for me, i can deal with the moodyness tho

Wolfhound123

Awards

get yourself clomid 25mg for 2 weeksthen 12.5mg for another 2 weeks ,add in post cycle x3 again and letrone start at week 2-6 and imo take some cortisol product like corti combat or emodin or even reduce xt and youll be fine.

omer_

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your replies guys. I was kind of hoping not to use a SERM as I thought the cycle was pretty mild... There is really no PCT alternatives?
If I ran Clomid, would that have to be for 4 weeks only even after an 8 week cycle?

Wolfhound123

Awards
Thanks for your replies guys. I was kind of hoping not to use a SERM as I thought the cycle was pretty mild... There is really no PCT alternatives?
If I ran Clomid, would that have to be for 4 weeks only even after an 8 week cycle?
To be honest the cycle your doing is pretty mild in terms of side effects even at 8 weeks, but without doing blood work we and you won’t know if you’ve recoverd and sometimes a natty oct pct might just mask your side effects by giving you an increase in libido and those are the benefits of aphrodisiacs, they raise drive and libido and well being but as soon as the cycle ends you will feel like crap , take clomid for 4 weeks 50mg for two weeks and 25mg for 2 weeks, some people get annoying little side effects but that’s to be expected personally for me I get abit of anxiety and a little agitated while on pct but after I finish I do a specific otc pct and I’m all good.

omer_

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks so much @Wolfhound123 ! That's really helpful

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I have limited experience with the new hormonal stuff, but I ran 2-3 cycles back "in the day" and I wouldn't have even thought about using anything but Tamox or something of similar strength. As you found out (unfortunately), without proper planning for PCT the cycle is worthless.

Personally I haven't touched anything hormonal in at least 10-12 years. I know its something not a lot of people on the board will agree with, but just don't think its worth it for me personally.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another opinion.....

You're just going back to the gym from having time off. The last thing you need is anything hormonal. You should already be seeing good increases in strength - too much and you're going to get hurt. My last ever cycle was Superdrol. I got strong - crazy strong. Until I tore my pec tendon. Didn't workout for over a year, lost everything I had gained and basically started over after that. It was the final straw where I swore off all hormones until I need TRT one day

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another opinion.....

You're just going back to the gym from having time off. The last thing you need is anything hormonal. You should already be seeing good increases in strength - too much and you're going to get hurt. My last ever cycle was Superdrol. I got strong - crazy strong. Until I tore my pec tendon. Didn't workout for over a year, lost everything I had gained and basically started over after that. It was the final straw where I swore off all hormones until I need TRT one day
building on this, your muscles have obviously great blood supply but your tendons and ligaments do not. They take much longer to strengthen than muscle tissue - this is why you see a lot of people doing dame to them while on cycle. Give yourself a year, make it a competition with yourself. If you stay on the workout/nutrition for a year, reward yourself with another cycle. Not only do you not need it now, I just think its an overall bad idea.