shredding/cutting routine

Domino07

Awards
Hi, I being looking to get a nice and fun routinen which all are fun to me cuz I love the gym. But trying to get what is right. I just finished a 6 weeks program from J stoppani, short cut to shred.. great 6 weeks. Now I being looking on some muscle pharm routins, get swole, live shredded. Both routines have 1 muscles per day, like legs one day, chest another day, arms another day. My goal is to gain muscle with cutting fat. My diet is on check but missing a nice program preferably for 10 to 12 weeks.. Any suggestions or idea on a routine will be appreciated. Thanks

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Screw all those routines that supplement companies and bodybuilding magazines put out.

Look up Layne Nortons's PHAT. Follow it, even the speed days.

Gaining muscle and getting shredded is fairly difficult FYI

napalm

napalm

Awards
Screw all those routines that supplement companies and bodybuilding magazines put out. Look up Layne Nortons's PHAT. Follow it, even the speed days. Gaining muscle and getting shredded is fairly difficult FYI
Excuse my rude friend OP, he's just hungry now and prolly has to pee.

He does speaketh the trewf tho...

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From a bodybuilding perspective there shouldn't be any drastic difference in your routine whether or not you're trying to bulk or cut. Either way you're going to want to be stimulating the muscle as if you were wanting it to grow.

Anymore I just do what I feel like doing just so I can stay in shape. Works fine. I used to put so much emphasis in my routines but in the end it really didn't make that much difference.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wanted to add that the key to success is consistency. Over time you learn what works for you and what doesn't. I hate the idea of always following someone else's training routine. At times this is okay if eventually it leads to you adopting what works and rejecting what doesn't. I workout about 3 days per week for about 50 minutes and get as much out of it as when I was younger lifting 5 days a week for an hour or so. One thing that took me a few years to learn to appreciate was supersets and occasionally trisets. Almost everything I do is part of a superset. I can't imagine not using them. But of course when I was younger I was more likely to just follow another person's routine because I didn't know any better. Years later, I've done and read a lot, therefore I know more, ergo my personal training is more efficient because I know my body more.

Here's some quick general advice. Train like a bodybuilder, not like a powerlifter or weight lifter (if you're going for looks more than anything). Use high intensity techniques such as supersets and drop sets. Don't neglect isolation training. It shouldn't comprise the bulk of your routine, but some people totally neglect isolation work for some odd reason. Probably because they're idiots (gym "bros"). Don't overdo arms. If you're working your chest, back and shoulders correctly, a small amount of arm isolation work is all you need. Some people do overload for arms and it's pretty much a waste of time and energy.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
I wanted to add that the key to success is consistency. Over time you learn what works for you and what doesn't. I hate the idea of always following someone else's training routine. At times this is okay if eventually it leads to you adopting what works and rejecting what doesn't. I workout about 3 days per week for about 50 minutes and get as much out of it as when I was younger lifting 5 days a week for an hour or so. One thing that took me a few years to learn to appreciate was supersets and occasionally trisets. Almost everything I do is part of a superset. I can't imagine not using them. But of course when I was younger I was more likely to just follow another person's routine because I didn't know any better. Years later, I've done and read a lot, therefore I know more, ergo my personal training is more efficient because I know my body more.

Here's some quick general advice. Train like a bodybuilder, not like a powerlifter or weight lifter (if you're going for looks more than anything). Use high intensity techniques such as supersets and drop sets. Don't neglect isolation training. It shouldn't comprise the bulk of your routine, but some people totally neglect isolation work for some odd reason. Probably because they're idiots (gym "bros"). Don't overdo arms. If you're working your chest, back and shoulders correctly, a small amount of arm isolation work is all you need. Some people do overload for arms and it's pretty much a waste of time and energy.

This^^ Check out cluster training too. i got amazing results and kept lots of muscle on them. Basically lifting heavy for low reps and super low rest times. i used to do clusters of 4-6 at a heavy weight. High metabolic intensity and high metabolic stress. 2 super important factors.

Domino07

Awards

I decide to try an old program which came from an old musclemag. . Is the MASS training system.. im still in the 2nd week, first phase.. and Ohh boy!!! This is getting interesting.. my diet is super clean.. eating 6 to 7 times a day... should add to much weigh but im adding some good muscle mass and the fat is shredding as I add 2 miles run on rest days.. thanks all for ur comments. .

gmanall

Awards

Curious, why not train like a powerlifter? Personally I've seen my best gains on 5/3/1 with some isolations to round things up. Also seems like OP didn't get the memo.