Shred before Summer, Stay shredded all summer

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! Been awhile since I posted in here so its good to be back!

First off thanks to everyone who contributes and gives advice out there, the forums are packed with info, which has still made my decision slightly difficult but here we go.

I have been dieting down for the past 3.5 weeks with the goal to be lean as hell by May 23 to go on a week long bachelor party trip. So Im a lil late to the game but think I can still make it happen.

I have been debating between multiple products and I am still unsure what supplements I could take to help me reach my goal. I am leaning towards running alphamax xt 8 weeks,with slinmax the last 4 weeks, and possibly adding something else in the mix but am not sure. I want to stay with natural anabolic supps. I am HIGHLY prone to acne breakouts but have not had any problems in quite some time so therefore I wanna keep it that way. I have ran alphamax xt, and slinmax before solo loved the products. I was also looking into Follidrone and ARA, and theres a never ending list. Therefore if anyone out there has more advice or a better pick please let me know.

Stats
5'8, 183, BF id say around 12%, I do hold more water than most. Training 13.5 years therefore I am experienced.
Injuries-coracobrachiallis in right shoulder is tender from an injury over a year ago therefore I just have make sure my push days are far enough apart and I am rested then no real problems. Also a herniated disc lower back left side from an injury from 3 years ago (guys be safe when lifting heavy).

Supps
Daily multivitamin
2-3g fish oil daily
glucosamine chronditrin-2000mg a day
glutamine 4g every night as needed
preworkout-C4 mixed with 2-4g L-Citrulline, and Creatine HCL 75mg
BCAA-1 serving scoop intra workout

Daily meds
Solodyn 150mg tablet 1 a day, Onextin cream mornings, benzoyl peroxide at night
Adderall 30mg tablet take around 10AM (therefore all my stims are worn off by 730PM)

Current diet
keto till I reach my goal so all lean meats, eggs/egg whites, lots of veggies, good fats (turkey bacon, nuts, peanut butter, olive oil, coconut oil), protein shakes, etc. When not on this diet I carb backload regularly.

Training
Train Monday-Friday early am somewhere between 5-6am get to gym and train 60 mins plus 20-30mins cardio HIIT 2x a week
Weight training style currently is body split Monday-Legs, Tues-Chest+calves, Wed-Back, Thurs-Shoulders, Fri-Arms+calves
Thinking of possibly going down to a 4 day every other day lift split, lack of carbs is kicking my a$$
Saturday and Sunday active recovery+cardio, play basketball go walk around outside just something moderate active

I believe that should cover the basics of anything needed, if not please let me know. I am mainly looking for any recommendations on any products I should be looking at besides alphamax and slinmax, or any other cut/recomp stacks to be recommended. Plan is reach this goal by May 23, then once I return home plan for running another stack over the summer to stay shredded and see how it goes. I can log supps and progress as well.

Thanks for all your help everyone I really appreciate it!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BLR FD2 and Vector will be great for your goals, OP! So many current logs to support the effectiveness of the products.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! Been awhile since I posted in here so its good to be back!

First off thanks to everyone who contributes and gives advice out there, the forums are packed with info, which has still made my decision slightly difficult but here we go.

I have been dieting down for the past 3.5 weeks with the goal to be lean as hell by May 23 to go on a week long bachelor party trip. So Im a lil late to the game but think I can still make it happen.

I have been debating between multiple products and I am still unsure what supplements I could take to help me reach my goal. I am leaning towards running alphamax xt 8 weeks,with slinmax the last 4 weeks, and possibly adding something else in the mix but am not sure. I want to stay with natural anabolic supps. I am HIGHLY prone to acne breakouts but have not had any problems in quite some time so therefore I wanna keep it that way. I have ran alphamax xt, and slinmax before solo loved the products. I was also looking into Follidrone and ARA, and theres a never ending list. Therefore if anyone out there has more advice or a better pick please let me know.

Stats
5'8, 183, BF id say around 12%, I do hold more water than most. Training 13.5 years therefore I am experienced.
Injuries-coracobrachiallis in right shoulder is tender from an injury over a year ago therefore I just have make sure my push days are far enough apart and I am rested then no real problems. Also a herniated disc lower back left side from an injury from 3 years ago (guys be safe when lifting heavy).

Supps
Daily multivitamin
2-3g fish oil daily
glucosamine chronditrin-2000mg a day
glutamine 4g every night as needed
preworkout-C4 mixed with 2-4g L-Citrulline, and Creatine HCL 75mg
BCAA-1 serving scoop intra workout

Daily meds
Solodyn 150mg tablet 1 a day, Onextin cream mornings, benzoyl peroxide at night
Adderall 30mg tablet take around 10AM (therefore all my stims are worn off by 730PM)

Current diet
keto till I reach my goal so all lean meats, eggs/egg whites, lots of veggies, good fats (turkey bacon, nuts, peanut butter, olive oil, coconut oil), protein shakes, etc. When not on this diet I carb backload regularly.

Training
Train Monday-Friday early am somewhere between 5-6am get to gym and train 60 mins plus 20-30mins cardio HIIT 2x a week
Weight training style currently is body split Monday-Legs, Tues-Chest+calves, Wed-Back, Thurs-Shoulders, Fri-Arms+calves
Thinking of possibly going down to a 4 day every other day lift split, lack of carbs is kicking my a$$
Saturday and Sunday active recovery+cardio, play basketball go walk around outside just something moderate active

I believe that should cover the basics of anything needed, if not please let me know. I am mainly looking for any recommendations on any products I should be looking at besides alphamax and slinmax, or any other cut/recomp stacks to be recommended. Plan is reach this goal by May 23, then once I return home plan for running another stack over the summer to stay shredded and see how it goes. I can log supps and progress as well.

Thanks for all your help everyone I really appreciate it!
Very thorough OP! I have a few thoughts:

1. I would agree with your first thoughts on using Alphamax and Slinmax. Alphamax is a great product for cutting to help with leanness and vascularity. It also contains forskolin which can be helpful with body composition goals. If you decide to do keto though, Slinmax might not be necessary unless you're doing CKD with carb refeeds regularly.

2. It appears that you're already using a glucosamine supplement. I've found that ArA in a calorie deficit has always given me joint pain. If you're already supplementing with joint supplements, ArA might not be the best bet for a cut. I've also personally found FD2 to be more useful in a lean bulk when I'm eating above maintenance. If it were me I would save these two options for the fall when you want to put on size, but Alphamax/Slinmax would be a great fit.

3. Have you done keto before? If you're acne prone, keto might not be the best solution. Consuming excess fat may make your acne problem worse. Keto is a great solution for fat loss, but more fat = more oily skin = more acne. So be mindful of this with keto.

nEuT

Awards
I have similar goals and body stats to you, except I’m on the backend of my cut with my goal date ending the last week of April (I’ll continue to recomp through summer)

Currently finishing up my second bottle of Alphamax and my first bottle of FD2. Will probably extend FD2 to a 2nd (or 3rd) bottle as I am loving the endurance, pumps, and overall feeling that follidrone gives me in the gym. The only issue for you is that FD2 usually requires a higher carb intake before working out (30gs) so I’m not sure how that would effect your diet. I know that FD2 shines more on a caloric surplus but it’s been treating me very well on a slight deficit

I’ve been a huge fan of alphamax as well and recommend that for any natural cut.

Good luck on your goals

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP,
on the acne medications..
I am no expert, but are there any long term negative effects from taking that antibiotic?
I am commenting on this, because I am acne prone, but I have controlled it, and have controlled it even more over the past 2 years, but that may have just been me getting older (29 now)
Do you use a cleanser with salicylic acid, such as neutrogena? Check out innate skin on amazon, it is a vitamin pack that helped me out a lot last year. Also would use tea tree oil as a spot treatment and diluted in water as cleanser.
I started breaking out real bad around 17-18 years, then the doctor put me on antibiotics for around 4-5 months, which did nothing. Not too long after I got on acutane and that cleared me up and eventually got off of it around 3 years later and I was pretty good until around 25 breakouts again, but not as bad. Like i said before, the vitamins really helped me tremendously.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For me, Xgels (ArA) can't be beat in terms of keeping strength up as well as pumps during a cut (espeically on keto when pumps are non existent). I personally like to pair it with anabeta elite (RIP) but alphamax is also synergistic with the ara so a great choice as well.

If you get to doing a lot of cardio, an epicatechin supp like CEL epi-plex could be very beneficial too for its endurance aspects on top of the bod comp support.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
OP,
on the acne medications..
I am no expert, but are there any long term negative effects from taking that antibiotic?
I am commenting on this, because I am acne prone, but I have controlled it, and have controlled it even more over the past 2 years, but that may have just been me getting older (29 now)
Do you use a cleanser with salicylic acid, such as neutrogena? Check out innate skin on amazon, it is a vitamin pack that helped me out a lot last year. Also would use tea tree oil as a spot treatment and diluted in water as cleanser.
I started breaking out real bad around 17-18 years, then the doctor put me on antibiotics for around 4-5 months, which did nothing. Not too long after I got on acutane and that cleared me up and eventually got off of it around 3 years later and I was pretty good until around 25 breakouts again, but not as bad. Like i said before, the vitamins really helped me tremendously.
Thanks for the advice!
I do not know of any long term negative effects, I personally have not had any negative effects from the antibiotics. I did Accutane 2 times 1st at 18, 2nd at 23. Skin managed to stay pretty clear, then all the sudden my back broke out like crazy, I believe from all the stress I was under with work and life bulls*it. I am 28 now, current regimen is dove body soap mornings followed by neutrogena invigorating face wash (blue gel bottle, also helps with acne) then evenings shower neutrogena body scrub with salicylic acid in it, then shampoo, after I use an exfoliating brush and gently scrub over my back just a few quick strokes, less=more with exfoliating scrubbers/brushes I have learned this over the years and recommend it to everyone!

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
For me, Xgels (ArA) can't be beat in terms of keeping strength up as well as pumps during a cut (espeically on keto when pumps are non existent). I personally like to pair it with anabeta elite (RIP) but alphamax is also synergistic with the ara so a great choice as well.

If you get to doing a lot of cardio, an epicatechin supp like CEL epi-plex could be very beneficial too for its endurance aspects on top of the bod comp support.

Do X-Gels need to be taken with carbs, or in a diet with carbs? Only asking cause I remember reading a log/post somewhere that someone was talking about needing carbs when using ArA?

I currently do take an Epicatechin supp daily, mainly was used for helping immune system. I am in Michigan and its cold as f*ck out here lol, tired of getting sick.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Very thorough OP! I have a few thoughts:

1. I would agree with your first thoughts on using Alphamax and Slinmax. Alphamax is a great product for cutting to help with leanness and vascularity. It also contains forskolin which can be helpful with body composition goals. If you decide to do keto though, Slinmax might not be necessary unless you're doing CKD with carb refeeds regularly.

2. It appears that you're already using a glucosamine supplement. I've found that ArA in a calorie deficit has always given me joint pain. If you're already supplementing with joint supplements, ArA might not be the best bet for a cut. I've also personally found FD2 to be more useful in a lean bulk when I'm eating above maintenance. If it were me I would save these two options for the fall when you want to put on size, but Alphamax/Slinmax would be a great fit.

3. Have you done keto before? If you're acne prone, keto might not be the best solution. Consuming excess fat may make your acne problem worse. Keto is a great solution for fat loss, but more fat = more oily skin = more acne. So be mindful of this with keto.
Thanks for the advice. So as of now would you just run 2 bottles of alphamax solo? Or stacked with slinmax while currently I am doing no carb refeeds? How would you dose it?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. So as of now would you just run 2 bottles of alphamax solo? Or stacked with slinmax while currently I am doing no carb refeeds? How would you dose it?
You got it brother. Happy to help. I would start off with Alphamax by itself. Slinmax and other GDA products are really only beneficial while consuming carbs, so there isn't much place for them on a keto diet.

Some people do use a GDA to help get into ketosis faster, so if you wanted to add in Slinmax and dose 2 caps before bed it might be helpful. Definitely not necessary though. If you do incorporate refeeds, I would pick up some Slinmax and take 2 caps before meals on your refeed days.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do X-Gels need to be taken with carbs, or in a diet with carbs? Only asking cause I remember reading a log/post somewhere that someone was talking about needing carbs when using ArA?

I currently do take an Epicatechin supp daily, mainly was used for helping immune system. I am in Michigan and its cold as f*ck out here lol, tired of getting sick.
Exactly the opposite for ara. You want to take them fasted for max effect

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so therefore I will be picking up some alphamax does anyone know of coupons or promos, or where it is being sold the cheapest by chance?? johnpatterson

Thinking of also picking up some x-gels, giving them a shot to see how my body handles them while in ketosis, figure worst case I just stop using them and then hang on to them for when I get back from my trip and use them in the summer. Any good deals coupons/promos or where to get x-gels the cheapest by chance? booneman77

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so therefore I will be picking up some alphamax does anyone know of coupons or promos, or where it is being sold the cheapest by chance?? johnpatterson

Thinking of also picking up some x-gels, giving them a shot to see how my body handles them while in ketosis, figure worst case I just stop using them and then hang on to them for when I get back from my trip and use them in the summer. Any good deals coupons/promos or where to get x-gels the cheapest by chance? booneman77
I don't think there are any big promos going on at the current moment. I will keep you posted though! I know Nutriverse typically has competitive prices on Alphamax and X-Gels. You could also google the product and look for another source. I'll look into it and PM you.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

X gels don't go on sale too often. $30-$35 is the typical for them. Priceplow will find you the best deal (or pm me if you're in the US and I can sell you some of my stash ha)

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Order placed! Will be receiving alphamax xt and some x gels here in a couple of days!

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Got my order, took my first dose of Alphamax last night an hour before bed.

Planning to dose my alphamax daily around 1030 am, and 1030pm. Due to I train first thing in morning around 6am-ish. If anyone disagrees please let me know, and do tell your suggestions...

Also got my x-gels, going to test these babies out, recommends to take 4 caps 45 mins pre workout, since I am not sure how it will affect me due to being on kept and as stated above, I do take joint supps and have been told that ArA can have an affect on this, therefore I am going to test dosing at 2 caps for today and tomorrows workouts, asses how I feel, then next week Monday bump to 3 caps and test that out.

Also since on the weekends I do participate in some drop in krav maga classes, would you also consider taking x-gels preworkout to krav, or strictly only for weight training?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Regarding th herniated disc, do you feel the glucosamine making a difference?

IMO seems like alot of supps.....

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Regarding th herniated disc, do you feel the glucosamine making a difference?

IMO seems like alot of supps.....
In regards to the herniated disc, no, that’s a forever thing. I have to be very careful with, deads, barbell/db rows every workout. For that, it involves a lot of warmups, foam rolling and stretching. Have to always go by feel, if I feel that area feeling strained then I’ll lift till it’s uncomfortable then drop weight, or rest pause.

But I do notice a difference in my shoulders/elbows/knees. Seem to be better and some less pain. But don’t get me wrong not a cure lol. But I notice a difference.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In regards to the herniated disc, no, that’s a forever thing. I have to be very careful with, deads, barbell/db rows every workout. For that, it involves a lot of warmups, foam rolling and stretching. Have to always go by feel, if I feel that area feeling strained then I’ll lift till it’s uncomfortable then drop weight, or rest pause.

But I do notice a difference in my shoulders/elbows/knees. Seem to be better and some less pain. But don’t get me wrong not a cure lol. But I notice a difference.
Thanks man. I have 2 torn muscles in my shoulder, doing alot of PT trying to avoid surgery and will prop try a joint supp to see if it helps.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Ouch sorry to hear that bud. Ya take it easy do the PT, recover, icy hot works great or bio freeze with helping kinda feeling some relief from the pain.

Joint supps besides glucosamine chonodritin which is my daily staple, I have tried I think it was called osteo-sport once. It did make a noticeable difference, but it was too expensive for it to be a daily staple for my wallet. But if you try one out that works, please leave a comment for your recommendation.

Heal up bud!

DonutGains89

DonutGains89

Awards
Great post, very thorough!

How are you liking the aplhamax xt and the x-gels? Sides? Going good, bad?