SHR 6/7 12:00PM ET Transdermal Science Has Come A Long Way; Passing Large Peptides

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
SHR 6/7 @ 9:00AM PT/12:00PM ET
ONE HOUR SHOW

Transdermal Science Has Come A Long Way; Passing Large Peptides Through The Skin

Guest: Steve Lapidus

Listen LIVE Using The Player At The Top Of The Page

kyoryoko

Awards
Transdermal is very interesting to me. As the gut becomes more interesting and more researched. I'm wondering though, would someone with leaky gut actually get better benefits from oral supplements because more of it actually gets into the blood stream? or is my thought process just totally flawed?

Well I say this because as I was listening to this I was thinking how BCAAs are good because they go directly into the blood stream while protein's etc have to be digested. Would having the patches be similar to this? And I know when stuff permiates the gut (leaky gut) the body goes through an immune response does the ingredients in the patch not cause our body to exhibit this type of response?

Thank you~

loco_gigo

Awards
Did I hear him right? Did he say that "oral supplements are rendered useless by stomach acid"? So if I swallow say... 3 grams of DAA, an amino acid then it is rendered useless by stomach acid. Now if this is true, wouldn't that also apply to all proteins, which are just amino acids? I think he needs to go on BodyRX show... "Bunk science just got busted"...

kyoryoko

Awards
well oral availability. I think most amino acids pass through the stomach wall/gut. And go into the blood stream directly. I'm not sure how this actually works but i'm thinking that pure amino acids is what the stomach acids break down food into, so then in turn the broken down amino acids are then transported through the stomach either into the blood stream or into the liver and then they will either bind with some receptor or use some transport enzyme to reach their receptor to exhibit their effect. Things like tribulus, and other exotic herbs still must go through digesting because they are not digestible by the human body, they basically are foreign substances that cause something to happen when administered into our blood stream. By using something trans dermal we bypass digestion and ultimately the liver, which detoxes everything that manages to permiate the gut and gets passed through by the digestive system.
If all things were rendered useless by stomach acid like proteins and such then we'd just die.

loco_gigo

Awards
well oral availability. I think most amino acids pass through the stomach wall/gut. And go into the blood stream directly. I'm not sure how this actually works but i'm thinking that pure amino acids is what the stomach acids break down food into, so then in turn the broken down amino acids are then transported through the stomach either into the blood stream or into the liver and then they will either bind with some receptor or use some transport enzyme to reach their receptor to exhibit their effect. Things like tribulus, and other exotic herbs still must go through digesting because they are not digestible by the human body, they basically are foreign substances that cause something to happen when administered into our blood stream. By using something trans dermal we bypass digestion and ultimately the liver, which detoxes everything that manages to permiate the gut and gets passed through by the digestive system.
If all things were rendered useless by stomach acid like proteins and such then we'd just die.
I thought I heard Steve Lapidus say of the oral supplements that they were "rendered useless by the digestive process". My point being that the whole way this was presented was flawed - the claim that it raises test using proven inert/ineffective ingredients, claiming to be better because oral supplements are rendered useless by stomach acid, etc. It is all hype and bunk science. I truely believe that transdermal technology is both possible and a proper technique for the right ingredients, but the best you will get out of this is a little test from the orchic, and a lot of zinc. Most of the other ingredients are useless.

kyoryoko

Awards
I thought I heard Steve Lapidus say of the oral supplements that they were "rendered useless by the digestive process". My point being that the whole way this was presented was flawed - the claim that it raises test using proven inert/ineffective ingredients, claiming to be better because oral supplements are rendered useless by stomach acid, etc. It is all hype and bunk science. I truely believe that transdermal technology is both possible and a proper technique for the right ingredients, but the best you will get out of this is a little test from the orchic, and a lot of zinc. Most of the other ingredients are useless.
Yea I agree.
I was asking more on the ingestion difference on someone who has a leaky gut, and also since those compounds are foreign to our body if we will be producing anti bodies for the transdermally administered ingredients.

Robo_70

Awards
Would be good to see some blood tests for T and free T before and after a week on the patches if any one has them?...?

loco_gigo

Awards
Yea I agree.
I was asking more on the ingestion difference on someone who has a leaky gut, and also since those compounds are foreign to our body if we will be producing anti bodies for the transdermally administered ingredients.
Unfortunately I know little or nothing about leaky gut syndrome, aside from being aware of it. The premise of transdermal delivery is that it will bypass the digestive process. In reality it SHOULD reduce or eliminate the anti bodies produced, as it bypasses the liver and goes directly to work. My understanding is that the liver triggers the immune system against foodborne pathogens. IF my understanding is correct, and IF transdermal delivery bypasses the liver, then it should follow that transdermal delivery should reduce the immune response. I am not a doctor, and could be way off base. Bare minimum, you should be able to do your research from here on liver function as it relates to immune function to understand it better.