Shoulder Irritation

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Been having some shoulder irritation for a while. I’ve modified my workouts to reduce inflammation, do rotator cuff exercises, and rub on icy hot before I workout. Modifying the exercises and the icy hot really have helped. BUT I can’t get rid of the nagging later on or the next day.

Basically looking to see what others have done/used for inflammation and nagging injuries? It’s a muscular inflammation I can’t se to get rid of.

Also, what topical rubs do people use pre workout to warm up or loosen up the affected area?

NutButter

NutButter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I used to love E-pharm joint force for my nagging shoulder pain. Unfortunately, I haven't seen joint force available in quite some time.

In to see what others have to say.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Been having some shoulder irritation for a while. I’ve modified my workouts to reduce inflammation, do rotator cuff exercises, and rub on icy hot before I workout. Modifying the exercises and the icy hot really have helped. BUT I can’t get rid of the nagging later on or the next day.

Basically looking to see what others have done/used for inflammation and nagging injuries? It’s a muscular inflammation I can’t se to get rid of.

Also, what topical rubs do people use pre workout to warm up or loosen up the affected area?
Many members have had great success mitigating inflammation and pain using Helios.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Many members have had great success mitigating inflammation and pain using Helios.

Is this for daily use or preworkout?

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Even a basic b!tch turmeric supp helped my shoulder and elbow pain, its a powerhouse supplement for daily use for sure

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Joint Support XT is a great product for shoulder pain or any other types of joint pain or inflammation.

Joint Support XT has 5 clinically researched ingredients, all at their efficacious dosages:
  • Glucosamine HCI - 1500 mg.
  • C3 Curcumin (std. to 95% curcuminoids) - 500 mg. (clinically researched form of curcumin)
  • NEM Natural Eggshell Membrane - 500 mg. (clinically researched and shown to work in as little as 5 to 7 days)
  • Super Boswellin - 100 mg. (clinically researched form of Boswellin)
  • Bioperine - 20 mg. (clinically researched absorption enhancer)
JointSupportXT-SupFactsR1-1000x1000.png

Here is a link to Joint Support XT if you'd like to read the full write up:

Here are a couple of reviews you can read on it:

I know that @Hyde really likes it and I think he wrote something on it somewhere too but I couldn't find it right off.

Also, if you want to stack something with it, a lot of people love stacking it with Cissus XT.

Here's a link to the stack:

Krack

Awards
benching gives me the most issues.
modifying exercise, working out rotator cuff and rear delts helped me the most.
when I get that feeling, I take it as I am starting to lack in one of the above areas again. So I stop pushing so hard, go down a bunch of weight, and focus on the physical correction exercises and slowly go back up in weight.
supplements and aftercare to make it feel better is nice after injury, but preventing injury in the first place is best. Masking injuries or discomfort and continuing on, in my opinion, is asking for even more long term injuries.

Last edited:
Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
As the others mentioned, Helios is great for this. I dealt with a shoulder injury for a while that eventually needed surgery, and I used Helios daily (still do) to help with inflammation. I applied directly to the shoulder which seemed to help even further, but this is just what I felt.

SNS Joint Support XT will also help with your issues as well. If you combined the two you’d still be well under a studied dose of curcumin (I think it was something like 8 friggin grams daily) that showed very promising results. Don’t have a link to the study, but it’s floating around here somewhere.

I agree with your statement about masking injuries though and find that daily vitamins like curcumin, MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin don’t fall into the bandaid category. They’re compounds that help heal and prevent injuries as opposed to things like Voltaren gel that just mask the pain (although it does reduce inflammation). Just my two cents, but I’d rather avoid long term usage of nsaids, like Voltaren, when these other things seem to be just as effective anti-inflammatories with plenty of research to back up their effectiveness. That said, I did use Voltaren for a while with my injury and it was effective, but I prefer to use these things for short periods of time.

Edit: here’s one of the 8 gram studies.

You absolutely don’t need that much, but it appears to be safe to dose that high for around 3 months.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As the others mentioned, Helios is great for this. I dealt with a shoulder injury for a while that eventually needed surgery, and I used Helios daily (still do) to help with inflammation. I applied directly to the shoulder which seemed to help even further, but this is just what I felt.

SNS Joint Support XT will also help with your issues as well. If you combined the two you’d still be well under a studied dose of curcumin (I think it was something like 8 friggin grams daily) that showed very promising results. Don’t have a link to the study, but it’s floating around here somewhere.

I agree with your statement about masking injuries though and find that daily vitamins like curcumin, MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin don’t fall into the bandaid category. They’re compounds that help heal and prevent injuries as opposed to things like Voltaren gel that just mask the pain (although it does reduce inflammation). Just my two cents, but I’d rather avoid long term usage of nsaids, like Voltaren, when these other things seem to be just as effective anti-inflammatories with plenty of research to back up their effectiveness. That said, I did use Voltaren for a while with my injury and it was effective, but I prefer to use these things for short periods of time.

Edit: here’s one of the 8 gram studies.

You absolutely don’t need that much, but it appears to be safe to dose that high for around 3 months.
voltaren gel works great for bony areas like knees, elbows, feet and hands[wrists]...but it's says right on packaging that it's not recoomended for shoulders-that being said i did try it on my sore shoulder and sure enough it wasn't very effective on that area.

the combination of joint support xt and helios on the other hand works well on my shoulder.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
voltaren gel works great for bony areas like knees, elbows, feet and hands[wrists]...but it's says right on packaging that it's not recoomended for shoulders-that being said i did try it on my sore shoulder and sure enough it wasn't very effective on that area.

the combination of joint support xt and helios on the other hand works well on my shoulder.
I slapped it on mine and it actually helped some, but you’re right, it’s not intended for shoulders. I always have a couple tubes on hand for short duration use when my knees are acting up and it’s very effective.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMO the remedy is going to be correlated to the underlying issue. If it's tendonitis, then I would recommend a solid Cissus product...I am a fan of the SNS Cissus. I was plagued with tendonitis in the short head of the bicep where it connects in the shoulder joint - after a couple rounds of cort injections I decided to give cissus a try and after about 3 weeks the pain went away and has stayed away...I use cissus daily now.

on a separate note, I used BPC on my knee with profound results for a torn MCL.

guess the point of my post - can you identify what the issue with your shoulder actually is?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it's tendonitis, then I would recommend a solid Cissus product...I am a fan of the SNS Cissus.
Agreed here. Can't go wrong with SNS in terms of quality.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Take it from this 54 year old active powerlifter All the pills and rubs won't do anything if you don't remove what your doing to irritate it. When your young (under 40), its usually its from maxing out to often on the same pressing, pulling and bicep exercises coupled with bad form and a weak upper back. If your wanting to keep lifting, then you can't go on with pain and discomfort. Over condition the shoulder capsule with lots of light band assisted movements from every direction a few times a week and you will be able to max out more often without pain and discomfort. Pumping lots of blood in the area through conditioning will do 100x more than any pill or rub. Check out the big bench pressers and see the stuff they do to keep there shoulders together.