Should probably change up my program... HELP

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Okay, so I have been doing basically the same body part split for several months now and it's probably time that I change things up, although I really like my set-up as is.
Currently this is what I do:
Chest/triceps
Back/biceps
Shoulders
Legs (quad-focused)
Arms
Off
Legs (hamstring-focused)

I tried push/pull/legs for 4 weeks, hated it. Went back to this.
Any suggestions? I've done some google searches but nothing really caught my eye that made me think "hey I'd enjoy that!"
A couple notes: I train for hypertrophy, I want da big muskels. I am 215 pounds, 6 feet tall, around 12% body fat, possibly lower. I typically maintain this body fat year round but fluctuate anywhere from 8/9 to 15. I am also starting an epiandro/trest run mid January so I want to take that into account when planning my workout program. Obviously when on cycle I'll be doing even more volume than when I'm off.

I was almost thinking of just switching a little around to:
Back/biceps
Chest/triceps
Legs (quads)
Shoulders
Off
Arms
Legs (hams)
And doing some different exercises and rep ranges.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Have you looked into PHAT?

Myself and a lot of guys I know love it (though most run a slightly modified program).

Google PHAT Layne Norton to check it out. Plenty of info.

Essentially 2 power days (1 upper, 1 lower), and the rest of the split is pure hypertrophy.

The power days really brought up my strength to do more volume on hypertrophy days (which is what I'm more concerned about).

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Have you looked into PHAT?

Myself and a lot of guys I know love it (though most run a slightly modified program).

Google PHAT Layne Norton to check it out. Plenty of info.

Essentially 2 power days (1 upper, 1 lower), and the rest of the split is pure hypertrophy.

The power days really brought up my strength to do more volume on hypertrophy days (which is what I'm more concerned about).
I've heard about it but never looked into it too hard. I'll have to do some reading into it.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you haven't tried GVT yet it is awesome for hypertrophy and crazy volume.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
If you haven't tried GVT yet it is awesome for hypertrophy and crazy volume.
Never loved pain so much as with GVT lol. Gotta be just as strong mentally as you are physically for this one.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MoutainDog training FTW

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
So many good ideas to research guys thank you!!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
So looking more into PHAT, it's definitely sparked an interest. I actually found an old bookmark of layne norton's article laying the whole thing out. I think I'm going to change it up a little from what he's suggested though.