Should I start my first cycle?

poloapolo

Awards
I just turned 25. I've been training for 3 and a half years naturally with whey being the only supplement i take. I'm 5'11 and weigh 190 pounds. Diet hasn't been on point all these 3 and a half years. I consume around 160gm protein a day (sometimes less). I'm not sure if I've reached my natural peak but i want take my physique to the next level. Is it the right time for me to start cycling or should i wait for another year with clean diet, creatine and other supplements before i start cycling?
I'm new here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just turned 25. I've been training for 3 and a half years naturally with whey being the only supplement i take. I'm 5'11 and weigh 190 pounds. Diet hasn't been on point all these 3 and a half years. I consume around 160gm protein a day (sometimes less). I'm not sure if I've reached my natural peak but i want take my physique to the next level. Is it the right time for me to start cycling or should i wait for another year with clean diet, creatine and other supplements before i start cycling?
I'm new here and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would definetly clean up your diet. And what's your goal for jumping on a cycle. What does your current physique look like?
Also, have you done any bloodwork yet to see where your natural test levels are at?

poloapolo

Awards
I would definetly clean up your diet. And what's your goal for jumping on a cycle. What does your current physique look like?
Also, have you done any bloodwork yet to see where your natural test levels are at?
My current physique is decent, nothing extraordinary. Nope, should i get a blood work done first?

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why are you only eating 160g of protein per day at 190lbs? Are you aiming for somewhere around a 20% intake from protein? Just basing this off a 3k cal diet but not sure what you're at.

When you say take your physique "to the next level" what exactly do you mean. Are you just looking to bulk up, looking to get from 15 to 10% body fat, etc? This info will help to decide if this is the route you're looking for.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey man,

If you have to ask a bunch of strangers who dont care about you then you are probably not ready.
Just my humble opinion, but you are the only one that can decide this.
Are you making a living out of this? If no then of course that it would be wise NOT to cycle or use anything hormonal and risk putting yourself on hormone replacement therapy for life.

I personally got fuked up mentally big time during pct, clomid fuked me up bad. Basically near withdrawal symptoms which i didnt expect but the point is that things will surely take the direction you dont expect them to. Think of Murphy's law.

But in the end it is your call and nobody can take the decision away from you.
My only advice is to use hcg thorughout your cycle.

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you have to ask a bunch of strangers who dont care about you then you are probably not ready.
That's correct. People need to be really careful that they aren't falling into internet cult behavior, which questions like that certainly are.

@poloapolo This is a decision for you, not strangers, and not one that you can simply undo.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you have to ask if you should start your first cycle, then you probably shouldn’t start it. In the end though, it’s your body and your decision. How are your big 3 lifts?

poloapolo

Awards
If you have to ask if you should start your first cycle, then you probably shouldn’t start it. In the end though, it’s your body and your decision. How are your big 3 lifts?
Bench - 220 lb , deadlift - 375 lb , squat - 310 lb
Roughly by what percent your numbers go up after a cycle? Just curious

poloapolo

Awards
Hey man,

Just my humble opinion, but you are the only one that can decide this.
Are you making a living out of this? If no then of course that it would be wise NOT to cycle or use anything hormonal and risk putting yourself on hormone replacement therapy for life.

I personally got fuked up mentally big time during pct, clomid fuked me up bad. Basically near withdrawal symptoms which i didnt expect but the point is that things will surely take the direction you dont expect them to. Think of Murphy's law.

But in the end it is your call and nobody can take the decision away from you.
My only advice is to use hcg thorughout your cycle.
So what have you decided for yourself? Are you going to stop cycling or continue? Also by fucked up mentally, do you mean depression?