Should I keep cutting or bulk?

BirdDiesel

Awards
So I used to be over weight, just over 190lbs at 5 9' and now after a 4 month cut I'm at 150lbs and not sure of BF %. I am pretty happy with the progress minus the love handles that just won't seem to leave. Any opinions from you guys?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How old are you? What type of supplements do you take or have you tried? How long have you been working out?

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Bulk if you wanna gain muscle/strength/size. Go to maintenance and then go up in calories as you plateau. Love handles will go away as your body developes muscle/size. More muscle = more calories burned.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Guys invariably always hold fat around their midsection... it's a very stubborn location and the last place you'll lose it... not least because of poor blood flow to that area. It sounds like you've done really well to lose that weight, although without seeing pictures it's obviously impossible to even guesstimate your BF, or how much fat/muscle you've lost. Going forwards though, if you get your training/diet balance correct, and can focus on building more muscle mass, that will certainly help burn more fat and improve your overall appearance, but it's never that straightforward... other factors such as insulin resistance, metabolic rate, leptin levels and plain old genetics will always come in to play.

And you also need to keep in mind, as you're probably already aware, that if you dive head first straight in to a bulk with wild abandon, you'll just end up back where you started. I would hope by now you have a decent idea of where your maintenance calories are though, so go just above that and see how your respond... slow and steady wins the race.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Care to post any pics? It completely depends on how you feel. Do you feel like you need a reverse diet to enhance metabolic effects and increase your intake?