Should I drop my trt? Maybe not for me?

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
32 years old and been blasting and cruising for like 8 year now. Last few years I no longer blast but basically self trt at 150 mgs test cyp a week. Over those years only sides health related I have are high bp and high red blood count. Red blood count is always stays around 52 to 53% and hemocratic around 17 to 18. even with donating. My blood pressure is controlled now but I am prescribed Lisinopril and metoprolol. Was running around years with high bp and no meds.

Now 32 and starting a family my health is my number one priority. Been having episodes of svt. Have had it since I was 12 but feel like they are more frequent now so going to see a cardiologist and get and echo done. I feel like I am anxious and stressed 24/7 that I'm gonna drop dead of a heart attack or just not wake up one night. I know stress and anxiety can also play a big role on my bp and svt episodes. I guess I just never stressed about it when I was younger but now about to have a kid I want to make sure I'm going to be there. I am getting blood work done from a clinic for a script of trt. But do you guys think I did too much damage.

Should I just drop the test completely. I have not told my doc about my trt. Kind of waiting until I get a script to tell tell her. I tried coming off once and felt miserable before. Overall when I don't stress I feel great though. Just the thought of having a heart attack and me killing myself scares the hell out of me.

Just looking for some advice or healthier ways I can go about this. Thanks!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
32 years old and been blasting and cruising for like 8 year now. Last few years I no longer blast but basically self trt at 150 mgs test cyp a week. Over those years only sides health related I have are high bp and high red blood count. Red blood count is always stays around 52 to 53% and hemocratic around 17 to 18. even with donating. My blood pressure is controlled now but I am prescribed Lisinopril and metoprolol. Was running around years with high bp and no meds.

Now 32 and starting a family my health is my number one priority. Been having episodes of svt. Have had it since I was 12 but feel like they are more frequent now so going to see a cardiologist and get and echo done. I feel like I am anxious and stressed 24/7 that I'm gonna drop dead of a heart attack or just not wake up one night. I know stress and anxiety can also play a big role on my bp and svt episodes. I guess I just never stressed about it when I was younger but now about to have a kid I want to make sure I'm going to be there. I am getting blood work done from a clinic for a script of trt. But do you guys think I did too much damage.

Should I just drop the test completely. I have not told my doc about my trt. Kind of waiting until I get a script to tell tell her. I tried coming off once and felt miserable before. Overall when I don't stress I feel great though. Just the thought of having a heart attack and me killing myself scares the hell out of me.

You need to find a good dr who’s up to date on hormone replacement. Have them do complete labs and go from there. There’s tons of things that could be wrong with you since you haven’t provided any labs or mentioned any other hormone levels. There’s more to TRT than just test.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Well, 150mg of test cyp per week may just be too much for you. It was for me. 160mg per week had my hct at 58.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You need to find a good dr who’s up to date on hormone replacement. Have them do complete labs and go from there. There’s tons of things that could be wrong with you since you haven’t provided any labs or mentioned any other hormone levels. There’s more to TRT than just test.
Yea found a trt clinic that will work with me. Basically said I didn't need to come off. Will get bloods done and evaluate where everything is and go from there