Should I continue cutting?

Brianlinks

Awards
Been on a diet for 1.5 months now and started working out 2 weeks ago. I initially weighed 185lbs and I’m currently around 165-168. Im just curious as to if I should continue cutting weight or maintain/bulk? First 2 pictures were before I cut weight.

Attachments

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would as summer is coming.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would as summer is coming.
Spring break and summer bods are approaching fast! :)

Are you looking for any additional supplements to take to aid a cut?

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congrats on your progress! You are at a phase where you should be focused on recomp. Ditch the scale and take measurements right across your belly button to track progress. Eat close to your maintenance calories, but throw in some extra daily protean. This can be a shake, proteins bar, tuna, etc. Keep a log of your compound lifts at very least and make sure you are progressing weekly by going up rep or 2, or adding 5 to 10 lbs to lifts. Use your progression to gauge your calorie intake. As long as you are making progress you are getting enough food and if you start to stall up your calories a bit. This is basic advice but it works man!!

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'd keep cutting if I were you, but maybe get a little more aggressive. I hate dragging out cuts. You do also need to pack some muscle on, so I see your conflict. I like to set a bodyfat goal of 13% before I consider bulking, but it's hard to tell where you're at. I'm also pretty skeptical of your ability to properly bulk. You have very underdeveloped muscles, which indicate you don't have the experience (yet) to properly train. If you bulk without knowing how to properly train, you're just going to get fat again.

After reaching 12 or 13% bodyfat, you should not run a full-on bulk, and just stay in a slight surplus of calories and protein until you feel your training is intense enough to stimulate the growth you're trying to induce in a bulk. This **** takes time, knowledge, and consistently applied discipline. You should see amazing noob gains in lean mass in the next few months if you're doing things even half-right. Then, when you do bulk, keep it short, and clean. Eight weeks max. Cutting sucks, but it gets easier, and easier as you add fat-free mass.

Last edited: