shortness of breath after showers

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
For the past month and a half, I've been having a shortness of breath after taking a shower and I get real thirsty. I just recently bought a chlorine filter ago days ago and that seems to help. I was wondering if the chlorine could be to blame and if I should incorporate cardio on my off days or before I workout.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Try swimming in a chlorinated pool and see if you get the same effect. Only way to tell if chlorine is doing it to you or something else. Maybe the moist warm air is bothering your aveoli in your lungs, I'm really not sure.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well I didn't have a problem tonight after I got out of the shower, nor did I have a problem being out in the heat today. Maybe it is the chlorine. It has just felt so much better taking a shower with the filter and I don't have this weird feeling that I used to have after taking hot showers.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i use to get that from being dehydrated and from my preworkout making my heart beat rapildy and then goin on the shower right away....

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Well I didn't have a problem tonight after I got out of the shower, nor did I have a problem being out in the heat today. Maybe it is the chlorine. It has just felt so much better taking a shower with the filter and I don't have this weird feeling that I used to have after taking hot showers.
yeaaa brother chlorine filter is the way to go i told you... make sure you run the water as hot as possible for 20 seconds or so first to get the filter going and then switch to regular temp

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i used to get that when i was young... I used to almost faint after having a shower.

But i got better over the years mainly due to taking cooler showers (lukewarm instead of hot). And after i workout, I cool off a bit before hitting the showers so I don't go in all fukt up.