Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so the guy goes to the fbi and says the cia was making him watch isis tapes and he is hearing voices telling him to do bad things...this plus the fact that he was being treated for mental illness....did it never occur to these 'intelligence' people to do a background check and see that he had a legitimate gun permit?

look how much we spend on homeland security, and yet we allow someone with mental illness to legally possess a firearm?

at the very least his permit should have been immediately suspended pending a full investigation!!!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Oh, youngandnaive, way to wait for actual facts
"A federal law enforcement source said Santiago had complained in his visit to the FBI of being forced to fight for the militant group Islamic State. He reported that his mind was being controlled by a U.S. spy agency, the official said. "

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-airport-shooting-20170106-story,amp.html?client=ms-android-verizon

That would make him a jihadi by definition.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"A federal law enforcement source said Santiago had complained in his visit to the FBI of being forced to fight for the militant group Islamic State. He reported that his mind was being controlled by a U.S. spy agency, the official said. "

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-airport-shooting-20170106-story,amp.html?client=ms-android-verizon

That would make him mentally unstable at best, and among other things "Borderline Personality Disorder; with a dash of Schizophrenia".

Hearing voices, and having the desire to act on them is exactly what I stated above. I know this how? My sister suffers from both of those at least, and trust me, she's like a light switch. One moment normal, then ranting and violent the next. They can actually act normal as they fight the voilent urges and voices in their heads. Just not all the time obviously. Toss in another ingredient which could potentially glaze that stick of dynamite, Manic Depression with Bi-Polar, and it's locked in. You cannot mess with that unmedicated personality for long.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Some unidentified person that the press convinced to talk to them claims that the shooter may be mentally ill. Not every violent event is "jihad".

That would make him mentally unstable at best, and among other things "Borderline Personality Disorder; with a dash of Schizophrenia".

Hearing voices, and having the desire to act on them is exactly what I stated above. I know this how? My sister suffers from both of those at least, and trust me, she's like a light switch. One moment normal, then ranting and violent the next. They can actually act normal as they fight the voilent urges and voices in their heads. Just not all the time obviously. Toss in another ingredient which could potentially glaze that stick of dynamite, Manic Depression with Bi-Polar, and it's locked in. You cannot mess with that unmedicated personality for long.
Thank you for posting this!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol...the fbi took his gun and had him hospitalized for 4 days[for mental reasons]. after 4 days they released him and gave him the gun back....how many times has the fbi investigated a person then cleared them just to have them commit an act of terrorism?????

this is the same fbi that Obama claims can vet Syrian refugees that are infiltrated by isis....lol, this would be funny if it were not so tragic!!!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Millions of people diagnosed as bi-polar don't proclaim a desire to fight for ISIS, and turn around and murder innocent people. In fact I would argue that a jihadi, willing to murder someone they don't know merely because of an ideology is mentally ill.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So then anybody in the US military who is into Christian rock or gospel is a Christian terrorist?
the problem here is clear, imo....almost every home grown terrorist was investigated by the fbi BEFORE committing a terrorist act.

the point being that these individuals were given priority and still fell thru the crack....how in the hell can Obama justify 10's of thousands of refugees from a terrorist hotbed like Syria?

Eldthursar

Eldthursar

Awards
Of course the FBI held him for a few days then gave him his gun back. The mind setting procedure was completed and he was released for his mission.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Zeitgeist. Just watch it already. Lol.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Of course the FBI held him for a few days then gave him his gun back. The mind setting procedure was completed and he was released for his mission.
Bingo.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I'm not convinced his little trip to the FBI office was little more than building his defense.