Unanswered Shin splints, or psuedo shin splints from AAS?

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone else feel like they have shin splints if they run a lot on AAS?

Just noticed that when I am on Anavar, Sprint work will give me killer shin splints feelings after two Sprint workouts. I figure it's the dreaded calf pumps thing but just in a slightly different location.

Anyone have experience with this?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If it’s on the front, it’s def a pump issue. I used to get really nasty pumps on the front of my legs when I ran because the front of my legs were a lot weaker than my calves so they had to work a lot harder. Sprint work uses a lot of calves as well so it’s not surprising you’re getting a good leg pump

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone else feel like they have shin splints if they run a lot on AAS?

Just noticed that when I am on Anavar, Sprint work will give me killer shin splints feelings after two Sprint workouts. I figure it's the dreaded calf pumps thing but just in a slightly different location.

Anyone have experience with this?
A lot of guys seem to get this effect from Anavar (I don't). "Pumps".

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Shin splints are far worse than calf pumps. Calf pumps on Var and the like come and go, shin splints feel like actual damage. They are on the sides of your legs too. Guys in the Army get them all the time, some are so bad they have to get medically discharged.
Calf pumps are a breeze next to harsh lower back pumps. Those can get bonkers.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Guess I should of clarified "shin splints like" pain/pumps. Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets massive calf pumps.
I've had shin splints before, and these feel pretty close to the same as those but I realized I hadn't been running near as much as I did last time I got them which is how I made the Var connection.

Yes shin splints freaking hurt you feel crippled when it hurts to walk anywhere

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, I run weekly normally so I’m in decent running shape, but on Var it’s been a few times where my calf’s been so pumped midway I had to walk home... same with SD but quad pump, had to walk home. I noticed that the elliptical doesn’t give the same pump so I can tolerate 20-30 min cardio sessions.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I had the WORST shin calf pumps in my life whilst taking IBE Epistane years ago. Worse than i ever experienced in the military. Basically it went when i finished the cycle. Use 3g of Taurine to see if that helps you.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Epi Winnie Var SD and mainly oral dht’s can all do this. SD was hands down the worst. Brutal lower back pumps. Epi’s were gnarly as hell too. Especially at work on healthcare last time I used.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 18
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 2
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0