Shaker exploded during shake!

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The other day I mixed two pump supplements Nutrux and one by Ryse, decided to shake them in a metal shaker.
All of a sudden my shaker lid literally exploded and pre went all over the place.
Im thinking it was due to the nitrates in the mix, has anyone experienced this before?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The sodium bicarbonate in the one is reacting with the citric acid and/or malic acid in the other yielding sodium citrate and/or sodium malate, CO2 and energy in this case mechanical energy in the form of pressure.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've done this same thing with NO explode and made marks on my ceiling haha just don't shake as hard.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used the Nutrex product this weekend for the first time. On the top of the cap, it states to not shake to much. Even with a moderate shake, I had a lot of pressure come out of the shake when I opened it.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lots of them will build a little pressure. I always shake, then crack the lid to release immediately after. Some are a lot worse, and I’ll do that 3 times when first mixing.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was it Nutrex Alpha Pump? I usually shake a bit, open/close the shaker to let air out, then reshake again.
It does have a fizzy taste once mixed.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was it Nutrex Alpha Pump? I usually shake a bit, open/close the shaker to let air out, then reshake again.
It does have a fizzy taste once mixed.
Yeh lol orange one, cheap and works good but put to much shitty sweetner in pre workouts