Awards
how is this for a post workout shake

1cup non fat milk
14oz of grape juice
2 scoops whey
10g creatine
10g gluatamine

1.5hr later the same without creatine and gluatamine

right now for my pre workout it is usualy a meal of turkey sandwhich wheat bread, easy mac and a apple about an hour/half before workout. any suggestions for the pre or post workout meals?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

1cup non fat milk
14oz of grape juice
2 scoops whey
10g creatine
10g gluatamine
Id go with 5g of creatine post workout, thats all you really need. Other than that, it looks good.

This will be the second most important meal of the day, a whey shake isnt going to get it done. You want something with a significant amount of mixed proteins, complex carbs and some moderate good fats.

right now for my pre workout it is usualy a meal of turkey sandwhich wheat bread, easy mac and a apple about an hour/half before workout. any suggestions for the pre or post workout meals?
If its lean turkey (preferably not packaged) then you're good to go. Drop the mac n cheese, thats a diet killer. An apple is fine also, remember, to get the full potential from your workout, you want 1 gram of carbs per pound of bodyweight.

institutional

Awards

1cup non fat milk
14oz of grape juice
2 scoops whey
10g creatine
10g gluatamine

milk is not a good choice post workout. you want high glycemeic simple sugars like dextrose or maltodextrose. grape juice is fine as long as its 100%natural and not flavored. so all in all , stick with yur grape juice and whey, and go wit 5 g creatine, like yj said and change your meal like he mentioned above.

snakeman458

Awards
enough said, you guys covered it.damn i must be getting old or slow. dah.
follow the above advise and you will be fine.

Panther06

Awards
what is a good meal then for 1.5 later? n-large II? or just a meal?
thanks

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
what is a good meal then for 1.5 later? n-large II? or just a meal?
thanks
your meal after post workout shake should (almost has to) be a whole food source. a great one is x cups of oatmeal or brown rice with 6-8 oz of chicken, lean meat, mix of eggwhites and whole egss, cottage cheese even. For me, it really depends when i get my workout in and what i feel like. I tend to lean towards some kind of meat with oatmeal with added pb and raw honey. Add some greens in there too. Sage