Severe Hepatic Injury Tied to Potentially Toxic Ingredient

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From the article.... "use of the supplement “Friction” and consistent daily use for the six weeks prior to admission that was 2–3 times greater than the manufacturer's recommended amount..."

S'pose I could see how that'd be rough.....

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Evodiamine? Wow, never knew that. Anyone know how much of that is in Friction?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
In a more general sense, Id be interested to know just what percentage of 'us' megadose (or just exceed label recommendations) our supplements.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Sure.

But how many users tend to dose using a "she'll be right, mate" attitude?

Going by what I read at various forums, people appear to have varying ideas of where to draw the dosing line; ie some at label recommendations, some at various points beyond that, etc. And then these points vary depending on the particular supplement.

I mean, just as a point of interest what might you deem "excessive dosing", De_eB? Any amount larger than label directions, or any amount beyond safety quantities (assuming the latter exist)?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure.

Going by what I read at various forums, people appear to have varying ideas of where to draw the dosing line; ie some at label recommendations, some at various points beyond that, etc. And then these points vary depending on the particular supplement.

I mean, just as a point of interest what might you deem "excessive dosing", De_eB? Any amount larger than label directions, or any amount beyond safety quantities (assuming the latter exist)?
If I want to megadose something, I'm buying a bulk single ingredient, and basing my dosing on known safety parameters.

There are relatively few companies whose QC I trust enough to push the safety parameters on a potentially dangerous ingredient.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Thats certainly a sound approach, and I would think most users would agree to something like it in principle; whether that would also extend to adherence in practice, I dunno.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sure.

Lol i was speaking to someone about pwo's at the gym the other day. He was saying how he was taking two scoops of that chaos and pain cannabal or whatever its called before his workout. just a quiet 900mg caffeine later lmfao.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol i was speaking to someone about pwo's at the gym the other day. He was saying how he was taking two scoops of that chaos and pain cannabal or whatever its called before his workout. just a quiet 900mg caffeine later lmfao.
Yikes, that stuff is potent. Never tried the newest version, honestly afraid to, LOL.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yikes, that stuff is potent. Never tried the newest version, honestly afraid to, LOL.
Its ****house, coming from someone who enjoys his various stimulants. Half a scoop had me feeling spaced out and just plain garbage.