Serious mental side effects during first cycle

metaljayfif

Awards
I am having severe depression, mood swings and I can't sleep. I Have a prescription for 150mg test cyp a week in conjunction with 1mg of anastrozole and decided I would try to blast and cruise at 550mg a week to start. Well 6 weeks in and **** has hit the fan. My wife is ready to leave me, that's how drastic the change has been. Someone please help, how can I get my levels back to normal so I can stop feeling like this?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simply drop back to TRT dosage. What is your normal TRT protocol? You will need bloodwork in a month or so to determine levels of free/total testosterone and estradiol at a minimum.

metaljayfif

Awards
I should be getting bloodwork in about 6 weeks. Normal dosage is 150mg a week.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
What exactly has it caused you to do? Might be helpful to know.

metaljayfif

Awards
Severe mood swings, arguing for no reason and then getting weepy after I realized what I've done. I can't sleep at night and my mind is always racing. I've never had these problems prior to upping my dosage like that. I'm concerned with getting things back to normal so I can feel normal again.

Chasingtails

Awards
The weepiness issue sounds like your e2 is too high. Don’t be concerned about lowering your levels man! Just lower your dosage back to 150 and take a deep breath

metaljayfif

Awards
Thank you guys, I appreciate the help. I will go back to my normal dose. Would it hurt if I lower it a bit or should I just maintain?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Thank you guys, I appreciate the help. I will go back to my normal dose. Would it hurt if I lower it a bit or should I just maintain?
I would go even lower, switch up to 50mg twice per week. Don't inject any testosterone for around 2-3 weeks to let your levels drop back down into normal range first. I'd get blood work asap to see where your hormones are at. If your e2 is super high, add in a little aromasin eod for a week or two. Then get another blood panel around late February and see where you're at, and how those levels make you feel. And explain to your wife what's going on, and that it will be remedied soon. 150mg/week is a little high for a trt dose, 100mg/week should be the most you'll need to stay pretty consistent at 550ng/dL-1100ng/dL, and you won't need an AI with the lower dose of test. I know the hell your mind can go through with high e2, not fun at all. It can turn the most level headed dude into a psycho.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why would you wait 6 weeks to go get a $65 blood test? If its that bad go get bloods

mattwv

Awards
I bet your e2 is to high. Do you have a lot of water retention?

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Don't stop completely to wait for it to clear or drop the dose or do anything like that. Go back to your prescribed dose if you were feeling normal/good on that. You don't want to modulate or screw with your hormones additionally by stopping completely or titrating your dosage down. Go back to actual amount your Dr. prescribed you, the excess 400mg of test will still clear in a few weeks.

ironmover06

Awards
I’ve been on test e for 10 weeks and I noticed I started to get emotional and moody. Threw in some Exemestane at 12.5 eod to drop my estrogen and I feel like it helped a ton.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Don't stop completely to wait for it to clear or drop the dose or do anything like that. Go back to your prescribed dose if you were feeling normal/good on that. You don't want to modulate or screw with your hormones additionally by stopping completely or titrating your dosage down. Go back to actual amount your Dr. prescribed you, the excess 400mg of test will still clear in a few weeks.
Explain to me how stopping completely for a couple weeks before resuming the prescribed dose isn't a good idea.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is going from 500 to 150:

This is going from 500 to zero:

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe an underlying mental issue. In my experience, and almost everyone I know that does a test cycle, feels great on cycle. Maybe you have a depression issue.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Explain to me how stopping completely for a couple weeks before resuming the prescribed dose isn't a good idea.
Because after 2-3 weeks his testosterone will not return to normal, it will return to zero. The guy is on TRT, there is no way he has any natural production. The only reason people do that is if they want to restart so they an use a SERM, PCT and take a break. This guys HTPA is never coming back, he will never have "normal" levels, that's why he is on trt in the first place. It is much better to continue his prescribed dose so his testosterone doesn't dip below his trt baseline, this could only make him feel worse and exacerbate his situation. The extra test will still clear after 2-3 and he will be where he was before he started his blast, which is much better than stopping completely.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Because after 2-3 weeks his testosterone will not return to normal, it will return to zero. The guy is on TRT, there is no way he has any natural production. The only reason people do that is if they want to restart so they an use a SERM, PCT and take a break. This guys HTPA is never coming back, he will never have "normal" levels, that's why he is on trt in the first place. It is much better to continue his prescribed dose so his testosterone doesn't dip below his trt baseline, this could only make him feel worse and exacerbate his situation. The extra test will still clear after 2-3 and he will be where he was before he started his blast, which is much better than stopping completely.
Um.. no? He's injecting 550mg of test, by week two after stopping, his levels will still be high, so since he's having e2 issues, it's best for him to clear out a good portion of that testosterone quickly so it doesn't continue converting to e2 like crazy. No need to prolong that ****. No one said he was trying to restart his HPTA, pretty sure we're all aware of that. I've been on trt for quite a while, and after a 500mg blast, I stopped for two weeks straight and had my blood tested. It was still well above 1200ng/dL! Actually it took a solid month for my levels to drop to 600ng/dL, as to which I started back on my 100mg/week protocol. Please stop talking about something you know nothing about, and evidently have no experience with.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve tried to plot my sustanon on the calculator but it won’t let me. Any ideas how I can plot this?
Sustanon is comprised of 4 different esters:

The steroidcalc app can only handle one substance I believe.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Um.. no? He's injecting 550mg of test, by week two after stopping, his levels will still be high, so since he's having e2 issues, it's best for him to clear out a good portion of that testosterone quickly so it doesn't continue converting to e2 like crazy. No need to prolong that ****. No one said he was trying to restart his HPTA, pretty sure we're all aware of that. I've been on trt for quite a while, and after a 500mg blast, I stopped for two weeks straight and had my blood tested. It was still well above 1200ng/dL! Actually it took a solid month for my levels to drop to 600ng/dL, as to which I started back on my 100mg/week protocol. Please stop talking about something you know nothing about, and evidently have no experience with.
Bro, no offense, but you are pretty wrong here, take a look at kenpo engineers graph. The excess will still clear if he returns to his normal dose, in fact it will clear just as quickly. Also no responsible or knowledgeable TRT doc would ever tell a patient to completely stop taking their replacement dosage. I'm glad your blast strategy worked out for you, but that is kind of an anomaly. Please stop giving irresponsible advice, especially to people with potential mental health issues. I think the original poster knows who to listen to (especially kenpo, he really knows his ****), I'm out.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This hadn’t been said so I’ll say it.
If your wife is ready to leave you after being on supraphysiological dosages of Testosterone for only 6 weeks, the test isn’t your problem, there’s something else going on with your relationship that stopping or starting test isn’t going to help.
Don’t be one of fcuktards that blames it on the steroids. It isn’t crystal meth or heroine. It’s Testosterone, you’re body has been makings it since you were born.

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Test does this to me mate as well , I stay clear off it now .. I have mental health issues and on medication guessing the test just enhances my problem x10 same as with tren or anything’s like that really

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Bro, no offense, but you are pretty wrong here, take a look at kenpo engineers graph. The excess will still clear if he returns to his normal dose, in fact it will clear just as quickly. Also no responsible or knowledgeable TRT doc would ever tell a patient to completely stop taking their replacement dosage. I'm glad your blast strategy worked out for you, but that is kind of an anomaly. Please stop giving irresponsible advice, especially to people with potential mental health issues. I think the original poster knows who to listen to (especially kenpo, he really knows his ****), I'm out.
I'm going by my own real world experience, and the experience of many others I've spoken to. That graph doesn't work the same for everyone's body, and everyone will metabolize testosterone differently. I know how troublesome the mental side effects are of high e2 during a blast. And of course a TRT doc wouldn't tell someone to stop their replacement dosage, but he is NOT taking his replacement dosage, he's blasting 550mg! If his TRT doc knew that, he would be dropped as a patient. I don't care who the OP decides to listen to honestly, I'm just giving my own experience. I've been in his situation before, have you?

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I'm going by my own real world experience, and the experience of many others I've spoken to. That graph doesn't work the same for everyone's body, and everyone will metabolize testosterone differently. I know how troublesome the mental side effects are of high e2 during a blast. And of course a TRT doc wouldn't tell someone to stop their replacement dosage, but he is NOT taking his replacement dosage, he's blasting 550mg! If his TRT doc knew that, he would be dropped as a patient. I don't care who the OP decides to listen to honestly, I'm just giving my own experience. I've been in his situation before, have you?
Maybe I came across a little harshly, you are 100% right about individual differences in metabolism/sensitivity to androgens/rate of aromitization. I'm not on prescribed trt, but I do blast and cruise and have for a while on dosages that are very similar to the OP's and yourself. I'm also lucky in the fact that I do not aromatize highly, I need very little AI when I blast and none on my cruise dose (100-150/wk) puts me at around 22-24 pg/ml. I get blood work done very frequently, and even when my e2 is elevated =/>35, I subjectively experience few mental side effects if any, so I can't personally relate in that regard.

I can however speak from experience regarding stopping test entirely, before I b&c'ed, I ran normal cycles, 500mg or so and I can tell you based on my bloods, that two weeks after stopping pinning, my test was basically zero and I did not feel great mentally. I'm normally very positive mentally and cope extremely well with any kind of stress and this was a huge departure for me, and I can only imagine how difficult it would be for someone who is already in mental anguish. I think we both just want the OP to be ok, I think completely stopping test is a bad idea, your hormones want stability in a situation like this. At the very least I'm sure we'd agreed the guy should get a blood test and see where he is at.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Maybe I came across a little harshly, you are 100% right about individual differences in metabolism/sensitivity to androgens/rate of aromitization. I'm not on prescribed trt, but I do blast and cruise and have for a while on dosages that are very similar to the OP's and yourself. I'm also lucky in the fact that I do not aromatize highly, I need very little AI when I blast and none on my cruise dose (100-150/wk) puts me at around 22-24 pg/ml. I get blood work done very frequently, and even when my e2 is elevated =/>35, I subjectively experience few mental side effects if any, so I can't personally relate in that regard.

I can however speak from experience regarding stopping test entirely, before I b&c'ed, I ran normal cycles, 500mg or so and I can tell you based on my bloods, that two weeks after stopping pinning, my test was basically zero and I did not feel great mentally. I'm normally very positive mentally and cope extremely well with any kind of stress and this was a huge departure for me, and I can only imagine how difficult it would be for someone who is already in mental anguish. I think we both just want the OP to be ok, I think completely stopping test is a bad idea, your hormones want stability in a situation like this. At the very least I'm sure we'd agreed the guy should get a blood test and see where he is at.
I agree, blood test for sure

Alistair_

Awards
Bad advise. Injecting more test right now would be a mistake. You need to educate yourself on half lifes of Test esters. Wating two to three weeks and then injecting 100mg a week is what he needs to do in addition to getting his E2 under control

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been known to have general mood swings and impulsiveness, but when my E2 is in check, and Test/DHT is HIGH, I feel unbreakable - very smooth mood where I can handle any stress with passive ease.

I don't believe your issue is test/dht related, but strongly believe it's E2 related, and I've confirmed this myself with bloodwork. When my E2 is too high OR too low, I am not a pleasant person.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Get back to your TRT dosage and get some 5HTP to balance back your serotonin. Also in the mean time get some Kratom it is cheap, red borneo after work and some green mang da with your cofee in the morning. Start with half teas spoon and work your dosage until you find your sweet spot.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So much broscience in this thread.