Senate OKs bill to let 9/11 families sue Saudi Arabia

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Senate OKs bill to let 9/11 families sue Saudi Arabia - CNNPolitics.com

I guess I've been out of the loop, but what's going on here? I didn't realize that Saudi Arabia played a role, or were being accused of playing a role. Does anyone know about this here?

Anyhow, seems like a waste of time when we can't even successfully sue our own government, police force, etc.... Good luck with foreign governments.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
A majority of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi's and when it went down, a part of the Saudi royals were ushered out of the country at light speed. Get Ax1 in here to fill in the details.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This looks like a good opportunity for lawyers to make money.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Supposedly this opens the doors for foreign powers to sue the US government as well though.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Supposedly this opens the doors for foreign powers to sue the US government as well though.
Can Iraq sue for the US invading them and destabilising the entire region?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe it should. Hopefully that happens. The US invaded based off falsehoods and bad 'intelligence'. There should be strong repercussions (besides ISIS) for such a drastically mislead action. And that's putting it lightly.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A majority of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi's and when it went down, a part of the Saudi royals were ushered out of the country at light speed. Get Ax1 in here to fill in the details.
I'm overseas on vacation so can't dig up too many details....Bin Ladens direct family were quickly flown out of here when the entire country was grounded, some info was recently released in the 21 pages about financial connections and much more.

9/11 there is so much we will never know.

Thanks Obama!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe it should. Hopefully that happens. The US invaded based off falsehoods and bad 'intelligence'. There should be strong repercussions (besides ISIS) for such a drastically mislead action. And that's putting it lightly.
I would love to see accountability within our own land and heavy repercussions to those responsible for this first and foremost.

If these mass murdering human stenches get away from it here in the US I doubt any other country can do anything about it without a war and invasion.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as any money being payed comes from the politicians who, as Gutterpump said, decided to invade based on what they had to know was bad intelligence, and not US taxpayers pockets.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Looks like the Senate has overrided Obama's veto with 90 plus votes.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can they really override the veto? They would somehow have to push this through the 3rd branch of government to bypass Obama's veto right?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Can they really override the veto? They would somehow have to push this through the 3rd branch of government to bypass Obama's veto right?
Both house have to pass it by 2/3's. Senate passed it 97-3. It goes back to the house for an override vote. I will be amazed if they don't get the 2/3 necessary.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm overseas on vacation so can't dig up too many details....Bin Ladens direct family were quickly flown out of here when the entire country was grounded, some info was recently released in the 21 pages about financial connections and much more.

9/11 there is so much we will never know.

Thanks Obama!
The documentary Farenheit 9/11 talks about this a bit.

This will open unintended floodgates I imagine.

Reactions: ax1

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
If they are so worried about those foreign nations returning the favor and costing us large settlements, then why did the administration illegally launder $1.7B into foreign currency and send it to Iran on pallets?