Semi new to lifting. Is creatine worth it/advised?

john10960

Awards
Hi all. As title states.

looking for feedback in this regard.
Thanks!!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I mostly use it in my pre-workout nowadays but yes it is worth using.

john10960

Awards
Thanks guys. Any brand reccommendations as well as dosing schedules?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Depends on what you have to spend - don’t skip out on better groceries to pay for this stuff. It’s about 2-3x the price now compared to what it’s always been, it’s not magic, and it can blow up your toilet bowl for some users.

But it does help strength therefore muscle mass (eventually), it’s been proven to work & be safe, and it’s the first performance supplement I’d recommend after putting a cheap carb powder like dextrose or even Gatorade & a few shakes of table salt in your intraworkout water.

john10960

Awards
Thanks guys.

So intraworkout, I haven’t pondered that as of yet.

So, dextrose and some salt in water(elytes)?

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
Thanks guys.

So intraworkout, I haven’t pondered that as of yet.

So, dextrose and some salt in water(elytes)?
Cluster dextrin, nutrabio has great intras. A lot of people are fine with gatorade though. I would bet that you don't really need an intra if you are new to lifting, maybe once your volume is increased quite a bit or if you are in a caloric deficit.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cluster dextrin, nutrabio has great intras. A lot of people are fine with gatorade though. I would bet that you don't really need an intra if you are new to lifting, maybe once your volume is increased quite a bit or if you are in a caloric deficit.
If they’re really new, you really don’t need anything, but I feel pretty quickly most folks can still benefit from 20-30g carbs from dextrose or Gatorade powder and a bit of tablesalt when not trying to using training to lose bodyfat.

Nutrabio makes awesome cluster dextrin & EAAs; that’s who I use.