Self prescribed TRT

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Looking for some good honest feedback from some of the folks on here who have gone down the road of self prescribed TRT. What I mean in that, making the decision all on your own and also sourcing your test from somewhere other than a doctor prescription. What factors led up to your decision? Did you have proper bloodworm done or make the decision based on feeling? Why not go the prescription route? How do you feel about taking UG test for the rest of your life and most importantly, what makes you confident that you will not only always be able to source the test from an UG lab but be able to source quality product that will assure you are able to function in life the way you want?

Any regrets? Advice? words of wisdom?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking for some good honest feedback from some of the folks on here who have gone down the road of self prescribed TRT. What I mean in that, making the decision all on your own and also sourcing your test from somewhere other than a doctor prescription. What factors led up to your decision? Did you have proper bloodworm done or make the decision based on feeling? Why not go the prescription route? How do you feel about taking UG test for the rest of your life and most importantly, what makes you confident that you will not only always be able to source the test from an UG lab but be able to source quality product that will assure you are able to function in life the way you want?

Any regrets? Advice? words of wisdom?
Why do you want to go the self prescribed route?

Why do you think you need TRT?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Self=/=prescribed. Getting labs, confirming low-t is the only logical reason to decide to go on trt, period. Guessing with your hormones is stupid and dangerous.
Also sucks ass when you guess wrong

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I asked 3 separate times for bloods, and got scrappy incomplete results every time, then had them explained to me by a doctor that studied at The Universty of Google Search that couldnt read the results to saver her life. Getting a good doctor who listens and at least SORTA understands the results changed everything for me. Plus, insurance usually helps TREMENDOUSLY with trt.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got told I was too young to even consider being low 3 times as well. Wouldn’t even run the bloods. Finally found a doc that did

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Self prescribe TRT is like trying to self Medicate with anti depressant. It’s a huge bandaid that eventually rips. See it all the time in younger guys ended up messing up other endocrine function etc

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s funny how OP started this thread and hasn’t replied once!

Wimbie

Awards
Don't do self TRT. Find a good doctor that understands low T and do it right. I live by Des Moines Iowa and we have a place called Mantality that deals specifically with Low T and does full blood labs. They also get you on HCG and an estrogen blocker. I just got my first shot last week and get my second shot tomorrow, I'm hoping it improves my "life".