Self-administered TRT UK - how do I do this? I.e. what, when, where, how etc …

Jbone123

Awards
Helpful members - please advise.

Is it better to self-administer, rather than get TRT from a legit clinic?

31 yo male, Surrey / London based.

Thanks,
J-Bone.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's one factor you have to consider before we can properly give you the answer here. It's really imperative, and everything hinges on this one thing. A simple, small detail, hardly enough of a nuance to be a nuisance. First you have to decide, and then tell us:

Is it worth it?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's one factor you have to consider before we can properly give you the answer here. It's really imperative, and everything hinges on this one thing. A simple, small detail, hardly enough of a nuance to be a nuisance. First you have to decide, and then tell us:

Is it worth it?
My thoughts exactly

Jbone123

Awards

Is it worth it?
Yes, it’s worth it.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, it’s worth it.
Ok, now that we've established that: why do you want to do TRT in the first place? Is your testosterone below the reference range and you're suffering as a result, and you want to get back to the reference range? Or did you watch some youtube videos, or see an ad, (and/or talk to some guys at the gym) and want to start using testosterone to help you with your physique/athletic goals?

"Better" is really subjective, lots of people consider different options to be better than other ones. Are you most concerned with the health ramifications, or the legality, or the cost, or the individual limitations, or some other factor, between the two options?

Jbone123

Awards
Ok, now that we've established that: why do you want to do TRT in the first place? Is your testosterone below the reference range and you're suffering as a result, and you want to get back to the reference range? Or did you watch some youtube videos, or see an ad, (and/or talk to some guys at the gym) and want to start using testosterone to help you with your physique/athletic goals?

"Better" is really subjective, lots of people consider different options to be better than other ones. Are you most concerned with the health ramifications, or the legality, or the cost, or the individual limitations, or some other factor, between the two options?
Thanks @match.

My test levels are not below the reference range. Therefore, I want to start using test to assist with my physique & strength goals.

I’m going to take another testosterone test very soon, as the readings I’ve had previously perhaps don’t paint the ‘true picture’ of base line levels - e.g. taken in afternoon whilst in a calorie deficit after a poor nights sleep. Or, just after a SARMS cycle, or just after a PCT.

I’m happy to self-administer. I just need to understand what to do & how to do it in order to do it.

I do have concerns about fertility ramifications from TRT, however I’m not in a position right now where I’m thinking about making a baby. I’m single & I don’t even own my own home lol. Furthermore, I continue to hear/read that men are impregnating their partners whilst on TRT, and that HCG tends to be effective in sustaining / restoring the baby making capabilities of the testis. I’m not an expert though.

I’m not happy with the way I look. My gains are inconsistent and yet I work my fucking arse off - resistance train 5x per week + cardio & clean eating. I don’t drink alcohol or use illicit drugs. I’m now ready to take my training to the next level.

Last edited:
match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks @match.

My test levels are not below the reference range. Therefore, I want to start using test to assist with my physique & strength goals.

I’m going to take another testosterone test very soon, as the readings I’ve had previously perhaps don’t paint the ‘true picture’ of base line levels - e.g. taken in afternoon whilst in a calorie deficit after a poor nights sleep. Or, just after a SARMS cycle, or just after a PCT.

I’m happy to self-administer. I just need to understand what to do & how to do it in order to do it.

I do have concerns about fertility ramifications from TRT, however I’m not in a position right now where I’m thinking about making a baby. I’m single & I don’t even own my own home lol. Furthermore, I continue to hear/read that men are impregnating their partners whilst on TRT, and that HCG tends to be effective in sustaining / restoring the baby making capabilities of the testis. I’m not an expert though.

I’m not happy with the way I look. My gains are inconsistent and yet I work my fucking arse off - resistance train 5x per week + cardio & clean eating. I don’t drink alcohol or use illicit drugs. I’m now ready to take my training to the next level.
Proper TRT will be designed to bring your test levels into the reference range, not give you supraphysiological levels of test. It will also shut down your natural testosterone production, but proper TRT is supposed to be for life.

If you tried to do proper TRT through a clinic, but your test levels are already in the reference range, the TRT clinic should turn you down and refuse to give you testosterone.

It sounds like you're looking for a TRT clinic that will prescribe you test so you can do a cycle (or a lifelong cruise). They exist, and their costs vary but I expect they are more expensive than just buying and pinning your own test. I don't know what the laws are like in the UK, so if legality is a concern then there's a possibility that a shady clinic is less likely to get you in trouble legally. There's also the difficulty of getting test, which may vary depending on where you live/whom you know.

Regardless of all of that, if you're not getting the gains or hitting your physique goals without test (considering what you said earlier) then one, or more, of these possibilities is true:

1. Your goals are not realistic, either you expect too much too quickly, or you expect supraphysiological results from natural training.
2. Your training could use improvement.
3. Your diet could use improvement (including the implementation of a few key supplements, nothing crazy or bank breaking).
4. You don't get enough sleep/rest to grow properly.

Most people are guilty of #1, setting unrealistic goals. This is a marathon, not a sprint, even with AAS.

Anyone who says they have #2 and #3 both dialed in perfectly should be good enough to coach others to do those things professionally, and should probably never be complaining about not reaching their goals. If one is being honest with oneself, we ALL can improve in both of these categories in some way. For example, you said you eat clean, but do you count your macros and track your body weight and properly adjust your diet according to where you are at in your periodized training?

If you're not getting #4 then you have at least one reason why you aren't achieving your goals. AAS won't fix that, it might put a bandaid over the problem, but you'd still be leaving gains on the table instead of maximizing your results.

A lot to take in above, take a minute to honestly consider all of it. I'm not accusing you of not trying your hardest, so I hope I don't come across as rude or accusatory. But if you honestly want to do better, you have to honestly assess where you are falling short, then learn how to do better, and then you need to commit to that change. Most people aren't willing to learn and improve, that's why finding people who have achieved elite fitness levels is so rare. It takes a rare level of dedication and even rarer self-honesty.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks @match.

I'm not sure why you think trt is the answer to this. Seems like what you actually want to do is a normal steroid cycle.

What you're proposing is shutting off your own testosterone production to replace it with exogenous testosterone for no reason whatsoever.

Jbone123

Awards
I'm not sure why you think trt is the answer to this. Seems like what you actually want to do is a normal steroid cycle.

What you're proposing is shutting off your own testosterone production to replace it with exogenous testosterone for no reason whatsoever.
Thanks @BarryScott, thanks @match.

You’re both probs right - will be looking to do a ‘normal’ steroid cycle instead. Any advice for a first cycle?

Jbone123

Awards

You’re both probs right - will be looking to do a ‘normal’ steroid cycle instead. Any advice for a first cycle?

Jbone123

Awards

Appreciate your input / feedback. Will be looking to do a test cycle instead.

For a first anabolic cycle, does 150mg of test-E (or test-C) twice a week for 10 weeks sound reasonable / appropriate / sensible, followed by 4-6 weeks of enclomiphene PCT, 12.5mg ED? If not, what would you suggest?

I have run 2 SARM cycles previously, Osta for 8 weeks and RAD for 6 weeks. I ran an Enclomiphene & Clomiphene PCT respectively.

Last edited:
match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Appreciate your input / feedback. Will be looking to do a test cycle instead.

For a first anabolic cycle, does 150mg of test-E (or test-C) twice a week for 10 weeks sound reasonable / appropriate / sensible, followed by 4-6 weeks of enclomiphene PCT, 12.5mg ED? If not, what would you suggest?

I have run 2 SARM cycles previously, Osta for 8 weeks and RAD for 6 weeks. I ran an Enclomiphene & Clomiphene PCT respectively.
Unfortunately I am not an expert on AAS cycles or PCT.

That being said, I'd ask what your weight, height and body fat percentages are, will give us a better idea of what you should focus on.

You said you eat clean, but is your main goal to bulk up and build muscle, or lean down while trying to hang on to muscle? You could try to recomp, but why do something that isn't as effective as bulking / burning fat phases. Do you track your caloric intake (like actually logging numbers) and do you track your weight? Do you take progress photos? And have you gotten a full panel of blood work so you know what your baselines are for your health markers (you need know when your cycle has become unhealthy, so you know when to pull the plug). If you don't know what those health markers are, or what they would have to get to in order to warrant pulling the plug on your cycle: you are not ready for AAS and you need to do more research.

I'm still in for support, where I can be with my limited knowledge; I'm always excited to see people get on the right track towards a successful and healthy achievement of their fitness aspirations!