Unanswered Seizure

YLB

Awards
Has anyone experienced a seizure of a package, with a phone call? Hypothetically if a package was stopped twice at customs ( the company reshipped) and then I received a phone call from said state asking me to pick up the package (obviously that’s a no) does the manufacturer continue to keep sending? Should I just suggest to them a different address? Or chalk it up as a loss?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone experienced a seizure of a package, with a phone call? Hypothetically if a package was stopped twice at customs ( the company reshipped) and then I received a phone call from said state asking me to pick up the package (obviously that’s a no) does the manufacturer continue to keep sending? Should I just suggest to them a different address? Or chalk it up as a loss?
Chalk it up. Normally. They send a letter, and then you send it to said company and they reship. I have NEVER heard of them Calling

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Chalk it up. Normally. They send a letter, and then you send it to said company and they reship. I have NEVER heard of them Calling
Customs definitely calls. I got a letter telling me they’d be calling once, hahaha! What a waste of paper!

“Um yes, is this Mr. (old witch)? Hi I’m so and so lady from US customs, we have a package here blah blah blah Whats in it?”

“Electronics components.”

“Oh uh... hum... hmm... uh... is it for business or personal use?”

“Personal use.”

“Oh uh.. ok then. We will send the package forward blah blah blah you should be receiving it on time.”

“K thanks.”

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed. Attempting a pickup could be them setting you up to get popped.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And yes, it’s a loss, you need to have the next one sent to different name and different address.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never.
In decades of using/buying/talking about gear ..... And even years ago, when i used to use/buy/talk about other substances ... I never once heard of a phone call.
You said the "state" called. Was that the state that packages nornally land in (usually NY)?

YLB

Awards
Fantastic. Yea. Checked the tracking. Said it was in NY. Got a mysterious call asking for mr. Ylb giving me instructions on how to pick up said package. Of course I said no one by that name has this number. Disconnected call. I sent an email to the company as I did before and of course the reshipped. I’m just hoping they don’t get frustrated with the bulljive and just say screw this guy and I end up empty handed. But even if so we all know the consequences. Regardless I hope they try and offer a different another alternative (refund at least) Bc the order was pretty big and this is the 4th order from them with no issues.

Thanks for all the info guys. Was just hoping for something a little more positive lol. But keep doing what you guys are doing. Witch, demented, I follow you guys heavy.

And grizzle yea that was never going to happen lol