AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Huge thank you to Strong Supplement Shop for letting me log Seismic Surge. I am a little late with the log since I had a deload week last week and I also used that time as a stim break. I will throw pictures up a little late.

Here is the product description, right from Strong Supplement Shop:

Seismic Surge by Hard Rock Supplements
Prepare to shatter your limits....
An untapped energy is about to send your training off the Richter scale.
With the #1 ranked bulking, cutting, and fat burning supplements on the market, Hard Rock Supplements shakes up the industry once again with the new groundbreaking pre-workout Seismic Surge.
Engineered specifically for the fitness elites this new formulation capitalizes on the latest breakthroughs in strength, stamina, and stimulant science to force the human body beyond its breaking point and into its untapped 6th gear.
Conquer your workouts with a surge of energy that would break the faint-hearted, and let them all marvel at your pumped up physique.
Cast off your chains, cut the shackles, and shatter your limits with Seismic Surge - GET IT NOW!
Key Benefits of Seismic Surge:
  • Helps Surge Energy*
  • Helps Increase Muscle Pumps*
  • Helps Enhance Muscle Endurance*
  • Promotes an Elevated Positive Mood*
  • Helps Increase Concentration & Focus*
  • Helps Boost Metabolism*
  • Helps Increase Workout Strength*
  • Helps Accelerate Muscle Recovery*
  • No Creatine, No DMAA
Key Ingredients of Seismic Surge:
Theobromine: From the cocoa plant this ingredient helps to produce the “feel-good” sensation you experience while eating chocolate. This helps smooth out the feelings one gets when taking high dosages of caffeine and stimulants.
Beta Alanine: A non-essential amino acid that helps to raise muscle carnosine concentrations which in turn helps to reduce muscle fatigue increasing the amount of work one can perform at high intensities.
L-Arginine Alphaketoglutarate: A vasodilator that increases nitric oxide levels to improve nutrient delivery to muscles and boost athletic performance.
Agmatine Sulfate: A byproduct of Arginine, Agmatine is produced through a process called decarboxylation. This compound has gained much exposure in the supplement industry due to its ability to release growth hormone and its production of Nitric Oxide (muscle pumps).
Caffeine Anhydrous: As the body metabolizes caffeine it increases lipolysis, the breakdown of fat, which decreases fat stored all over the body. Caffeine also helps with suppressing appetite, therefore, lowering the number of calories you intake daily. Caffeine acts as a mild diuretic, preventing water retention and ultimately leading to some weight loss by reduction of fluid retention. This ingredient is added to enhance mental alertness and focus. Caffeine works by stimulating the central nervous system, heart, and muscles.
Alpha Yohimbine: This ingredient is an alpha-2 adrenergic receptor antagonist that promotes the improved lipolysis. It increases the blood flow throughout the body and is also known to help decrease fat synthesis by increasing fatty acid mobilization.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Expectations

To be honest, this is a more stim based pre workout than a pump or well rounded product. With that in mind, I am not looking for a crazy pump with this. I am looking for a pump I can achieve on my own, but nothing mind blowing. I am looking for very good energy, but even better focus and mood enhancement. I respond very well to Juglans Regia Extract. When dosed well, my mood is really enhanced. I will take specific notice on that through the log.

Initial Impressions

My first dose was for my shoulder session yesterday. My program, which is based off percentages of my one rep max, called for a 205 single standing military press and a 3x3 back down at 180 pounds. For my top set, I felt a little too energized. If I was going for a new PR (225 is my PR here) or even 215, this would have been welcomed, but it was a little too overpowering for an easy 205 single. I also felt so good that instead of 180 for the 3x3, I hit 185.

Energy is definitely there with a single scoop. I probably will try 3/4 on Thursday.

Mood enhancement was perfect, I was singing to myself in the gym the entire time, even though the rest of the workout was difficult.

Taste was not the greatest, but not the worst. I would say average. I had the blue razz. The more I was it, the better I will be able to think of a comparison. I used 12 ounces of water. I did not have to choke it down, but It's not something I would drink just to drink.

Pump was good, not godly like if I added a non stim product to it. I did add a little pink Himalayan sea salt to it to help a little with the pump and hydration.

It mixed perfectly fine as well. no clumps or anything like that.

Going forward, I will give specifics of my training, I just wanted post my first use as an initial thought on all aspects.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome initial review. Definitely a feel good pick me up for myself as well. Looking forward
To the rest of the log.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice start! In on this for sure!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On Thursday, deadlift/back day. I used 3/4 of a scoop. This is a sweet spot for me unless I am going to have a workout that is going to be very heavy. My program called for a single at 505 followed by a 3x3 at 455. I moved through all the sets effortlessly and still had a lot to give for the rest of my workout. With two exercises left, my lats were shot, but I was able to focus and had enough energy to keep going.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice on deadlift! And I agree 3/4 scoop is plenty for me as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Used 3/4 again on Sunday for a squat single at 435 and then a 3x3 at 390. The weights, squat and everything else, moved easy. Energy, mood, and focus was good, but not overwhelming. I did get light headed though, only on my squats. I think it was a combination of the heat (I lift in a gym with no AC, the fans are off because it was cold the few days before, and the dehumidifiers were put away) and I had the sniffles so breathing was an issue. I am going to use this again next Friday, I will be able to see if the same hing happens or not. Again, I think it was the conditions and not the product.