Scrotal application of TD Trest Ace?

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've been looking into transdermals lately and I have to say, this doesn't sound half bad in theory, but I can't find much information about it. According to studies done on testosterone gel, there is up to a 5 fold increase in absorption % with scrotal administration opposed to traditional applications sites. Is that nuts?

(Flame away, this is my first post so I know I'm going to get some ****)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been looking into transdermals lately and I have to say, this doesn't sound half bad in theory, but I can't find much information about it. According to studies done on testosterone gel, there is up to a 5 fold increase in absorption % with scrotal administration opposed to traditional applications sites. Is that nuts?

*Important note:
Make sure you know what's in the carrier.
Some carriers will Not be kind to the Scrotum.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

be aware that recovery[restoring normal test back to baseline]is more difficult with trest than with test....not sure if applying transdermal trest to balls will affect this, but it sounds like it might???

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'd definitely be careful before putting anything on my balls but I haven't found anything suggesting application site makes a difference regarding recovery or shutdown, I feel like seeing as it goes systemic there wouldn't be much of a difference, but I'm not sure. There is very little information regarding this subject, other than a few studies displaying the increase in absorption of testosterone and DHEA (I think?) And the variation of metabolites due to enzymatic concentrations, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of info pertaining to other androgens and their bioavailability. I just wanted to throw this idea out there because as far as I can tell, it sounds like it wouldn't be a bad idea if done correctly

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd definitely be careful before putting anything on my balls but I haven't found anything suggesting application site makes a difference regarding recovery or shutdown, I feel like seeing as it goes systemic there wouldn't be much of a difference, but I'm not sure. There is very little information regarding this subject, other than a few studies displaying the increase in absorption of testosterone and DHEA (I think?) And the variation of metabolites due to enzymatic concentrations, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of info pertaining to other androgens and their bioavailability. I just wanted to throw this idea out there because as far as I can tell, it sounds like it wouldn't be a bad idea if done correctly
If you're referring to the bigt's comment, he was referring to Trest.
Trest is a Hard shutdown, and can be a difficult recovery.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you're referring to the bigt's comment, he was referring to Trest.
Trest is a Hard shutdown, and can be a difficult recovery.
Wasn’t it developed as a male contraceptive?

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TD Trest Ace is one of my favorites, especially when paired with DHT. My erections were definitely bigger, my wife even noticed

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wasn’t it developed as a male contraceptive?
Yes, it was in development as a male contraceptive.

Trest and Tren are reported to be some of the hardest on the HPTA.

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I was kinda replying to both, I'd definitely make sure what carriers were being used before trying it out. I've also heard it is harsh on shutdown as well, of course I'd do a full blown pct complete with hCG, clomid and nolva if I were to try it out but I was mainly thinking about the fact that with such a high bioavailability, it would mean that that you could use considerably less and also it could be a decent "base" for PH/DS/SARMS as well?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I was kinda replying to both, I'd definitely make sure what carriers were being used before trying it out. I've also heard it is harsh on shutdown as well, of course I'd do a full blown pct complete with hCG, clomid and nolva if I were to try it out but I was mainly thinking about the fact that with such a high bioavailability, it would mean that that you could use considerably less and also it could be a decent "base" for PH/DS/SARMS as well?
I know what you're saying man.
But I wouldn't recommend one of the 3 most powerful steroids to be used as a base.
But to each, his own (decisions).

Are you an advanced steroid user?

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a particularly advanced steroid user but I have ran a few cycles including sarms, test, dbol, adrol, superdrol and TNE. I know how my body handles the stress pretty well and I have gotten a few bloods done showing full recovery. I'm really just seeing what other people were thinking about it, and if possibly the same % of absorption would translate equally. I personally wouldn't use it as a base for a cycle but if that 50ish percent absorption would translate from test to trest or 4andro or dermacrine then I think that could make a huge difference to people shying away from needles or getting the best bang for the buck. I usually take the less is more approach so it peeked my interest

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not a particularly advanced steroid user but I have ran a few cycles including sarms, test, dbol, adrol, superdrol and TNE. I know how my body handles the stress pretty well and I have gotten a few bloods done showing full recovery. I'm really just seeing what other people were thinking about it, and if possibly the same % of absorption would translate equally. I personally wouldn't use it as a base for a cycle but if that 50ish percent absorption would translate from test to trest or 4andro or dermacrine then I think that could make a huge difference to people shying away from needles or getting the best bang for the buck. I usually take the less is more approach so it peeked my interest
Yeah, this is a Newb trap. (I'm not referring to you here).

I've talked with multiple newer (users) guys. They'll figure out the dosage of Trest needed, if it were used as a base (it's miniscule).
And then they proceed to up it and up it.
EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME.

It makes zero sense to run a compound as a "base" that is stronger than every other compound in a cycle.

Zero.

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I almost wanna try a 30mg per day run split into 15mg am/pm solo and see how it works out. I think if you threw in some other light oral compounds or something dht based you could honestly have a solid cycle and make some decent gains that would be maintainable. Of course with proper ancillaries and a full pct. I'd have test on stand by tho at trt dosage

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I almost wanna try a 30mg per day run split into 15mg am/pm solo and see how it works out. I think if you threw in some other light oral compounds or something dht based you could honestly have a solid cycle and make some decent gains that would be maintainable. Of course with proper ancillaries and a full pct. I'd have test on stand by tho at trt dosage
There's never been a question of Trest's effectiveness.
.... As long as people are willing to risk the HPTA damage.

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I almost feel like trest is kind of like a mix between tren and TNE, very effective but can vary from person to person, as long as your not taking ridiculously high dosages for long periods of time I think the HPTA should bounce back quite well. I've also seen studies that showed that although its is more suppressive than test, it is also quicker to bounce back from. I think anything ran improperly can cause severe suppression problems, look at all those guys who blasted solo superdrol and now are on trt for life at 30 🤦‍♂️

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The real question tho is could this be a viable alternative means of administration of other AAS? how much do you think the bioavailability would differ compared to testosterone? Could I get more out of primo ace this way? Or could I get better results from 4-andro or would this make dermacrine a better base for other lightly suppressive compounds?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I almost feel like trest is kind of like a mix between tren and TNE, very effective but can vary from person to person, as long as your not taking ridiculously high dosages for long periods of time I think the HPTA should bounce back quite well. I've also seen studies that showed that although its is more suppressive than test, it is also quicker to bounce back from. I think anything ran improperly can cause severe suppression problems, look at all those guys who blasted solo superdrol and now are on trt for life at 30 🤦‍♂️
We can all "feel" however we like about something (if we were being honest though "wish" would be a more accurate word)
I've read the studies (including the Dosages used).
For all the newer guys reading this.... All steroids are a gamble.

Trest is a BIGGER Gamble.

I'm not going to "pooh-pooh" something that I KNOW to be dangerous to recovery, and then watch a bunch a guys take my advice, and end up ... Up s*it creek.
That would be EXTREMELY irresponsible of me.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The real question tho is could this be a viable alternative means of administration of other AAS? how much do you think the bioavailability would differ compared to testosterone? Could I get more out of primo ace this way? Or could I get better results from 4-andro or would this make dermacrine a better base for other lightly suppressive compounds?
I'm really not sure what you're asking here, brother.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We can all "feel" however we like about something (if we were being honest though "wish" would be a more accurate word)

I'm not going to "pooh-pooh" something that I KNOW to be dangerous to recovery, and then watch a bunch a guys take my advice, and end up ... Up s*it creek.
me personally---i would NOT apply td trest to balls.

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I guess what my question would be is there any reason why this wouldn't work far better? And also wouldn't this be a better way to do primo ace? If the carriers were right then I feel like this could very well be a decent alternative for people unwilling or unable to inject

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I guess what my question would be is there any reason why this wouldn't work far better? And also wouldn't this be a better way to do primo ace? If the carriers were right then I feel like this could very well be a decent alternative for people unwilling or unable to inject
I think that's a good question.
It would Probably depend upon the compound, I believe.
Maybe someone else has something to add ....

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Ym
(Disclaimer) Renew1, You are absolutely 100% right, Anybody new to this stuff should not try this at all, Trest is about as dangerous as it comes to your HPTA without trying to increase the bioavailability to an unknown degree with different application sites. Mainly this was just a thought experiment and I would NEVER suggest anyone to take this compound like this without knowing the possible consequences.

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think that's a good question.
It would Probably depend upon the compound, I believe.
Maybe someone else has something to add ....
Yeah I think skin permiability is effected by molecular weight? But hey, If you can get 40-50% absorption of something applied transdermally then that would really open up some decent alternatives to things that have killer pip like DHB and primo ace. I wouldn't advocate throwing just anything on your sack but hey we stab needles into our asses right? 🤣😂

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think we had this same convo a few years ago with TD dhea. Let the taint applications sites begin!
I think that could probably make for a better "base" for a SARM cycle right?

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I can't tell if this is a serious question or if u are kidding LOL
It was mainly sarcasm, I know people try using Dermacrine to lessen the side effects of SARM supression but I wasn't seriously suggesting someone do that. I am curious if it would significantly impact it's conversion to other metabolites tho 🤔

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Most likely you would increase the speed of testicular suppression. Bad idea. Hypothalamus/ pituitary is one part, testicles is another. Trest is not like dhea where further pathway conversion would occur at the application site..

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Most likely you would increase the speed of testicular suppression. Bad idea. Hypothalamus/ pituitary is one part, testicles is another. Trest is not like dhea where further pathway conversion would occur at the application site..
The shutdown would definitely be greater because your body is absorbing so much more. Do you think that site application would have a direct impact on suppression?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would. I put any transdermal hormone I use there. Is it stronger . Lol I don’t know but it can’t hurt. If it did supress you more it would only be because you are getting better absorption. Still won’t be as good as injections.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would. I put any transdermal hormone I use there. Is it stronger . Lol I don’t know but it can’t hurt. If it did supress you more it would only be because you are getting better absorption. Still won’t be as good as injections.
I think absorption rates would be similar at inner arms n forearms. Ray peat people suggest androsterone, dhea td applicantions to be put on scrotum due to increased conversion to sex hormones vs normAl conversion rates to all available pathways (including to cortisol pathway, etc)

why do u think that dermacrine has application site suggestions. I believe that many are correct regarding application site having direct effect locally and deciding what initial pathways Are activated. Surely majority of applied actives may go to total circulation. But local effects may def be applified. I believe that testicular suppression would be much worse with scrotal application as trest’ AR binding would turn of leydig cells from producing anything faster. I believe that this AR binding may be attenuated by regular application (not scotum). Granted trest /19nor shutdown is hard. We may be talking of difference of days.

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think absorption rates would be similar at inner arms n forearms. Ray peat people suggest androsterone, dhea td applicantions to be put on scrotum due to increased conversion to sex hormones vs normAl conversion rates to all available pathways (including to cortisol pathway, etc)

why do u think that dermacrine has application site suggestions. I believe that many are correct regarding application site having direct effect locally and deciding what initial pathways Are activated. Surely majority of applied actives may go to total circulation. But local effects may def be applified. I believe that testicular suppression would be much worse with scrotal application as trest’ AR binding would turn of leydig cells from producing anything faster. I believe that this AR binding may be attenuated by regular application (not scotum). Granted trest /19nor shutdown is hard. We may be talking of difference of days.
That definitely sounds like some quality information to take into consideration before anyone were to try something like this. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the ester make it so site application wouldn't make as much of a difference? If the liver has to cleave off the ester first wouldn't that mean it would have to go systemic before your body could use it? If it was just a matter of higher bioavailability then that would be a great improvement but causing even more severe shutdown than it already does would make it not worth it at all

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
why do u think that dermacrine has application site suggestions. I believe that many are correct regarding application site having direct effect locally and deciding what initial pathways Are activated. Surely majority of applied actives may go to total circulation.
Different enzymatic concentrations would probably help convert DHEA into certain target hormones and of course would increase total absorption of the product making it more effective. How much of a difference I'm not sure but with completely active compounds I assume it would have a local effect. I've never seen anything about inner arm application absorption % tho that would be interesting to look into

Karlrobert

Awards
Trestolone won’t 5a-reductase to DHT like some of the other things mentioned- if that’s a consideration for scrotal application.

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Trest Ace/Primo Ace transdermal would probably be a cycle I'd be willing to try out. I think if you home brewed it so that it wasn't very irritating there wouldn't be much in the way of transdermals that could surpass it.