Sciatic nerve pain

floreric003

Awards
Last year, I realized my right sciatic nerve would bother me once and a while during squats and deadlifts but it never really hurt and I had a successful bulking season. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to begin bulking once more. Except, now my nerve is causing me to have shooting pain while squatting and deadlifting. It's gotten to the point that my right buttock feels numb/tender/tingly after most big compound lifts involving my posterior chain. I'm really not sure what to do. I was hoping someone could help.

bmoore

bmoore

Awards
Anyone? The ole lifting partner needs some help!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into McKenzie exercises/stretches.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No problem. It was recommended to me by another AM member. I've been dealing with sciatica issues for years and they seemed to help somewhat the last time it was aggravated.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ye mckenzies will help...

I had a bulging disc compressing my sciatic- which is probably what you will have, I left it tho and now I am unable to function properly without medication to curb the pain.

I am infact seeing a surgeon tonight to see what we can do!

I would look at getting the root cause sorted asap if i was you

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
No problem. It was recommended to me by another AM member. I've been dealing with sciatica issues for years and they seemed to help somewhat the last time it was aggravated.
Talking about me breezy!?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
No problem brother! Hope the back is doing well!