Saw the doctor....got some bad news from Urology......

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
So anyways... In about a month I'm gonna have to go through....circumcision... I'm just wondering what I should do about my diet well I'm forced to be off for a couple weeks or better..... Currently I'm eating at a little above maintenance...and growing and leaning out at the same time, staying at the same weight. In the past month lifts have all gone up eating like this and I've lost another inch of the waist.

I'm sitting at around 12-13%BF and I'm just wondering if I should cut my cals and try to lean out while I don't lift??? Or eat maintenance and hope that I don't put on any blub? I understand I'd probably have to recalculate macros for sedentary lifestyle but I'm still hoping to be down to 10% by time summer is over....

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
first...LOL sorry had to do it
how do you know youll be off for a few weeks? could be just one. i dont see how circumsision will keep you from lifting for too long.
however if you do have to take a few weeks off i would eat just slightly below your current intake and just eat lots of protein..some nuts before bed to keep your stomach with some food.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
Cause one week to be able to do things comfortably but I assume more than a week to do strenuous, physical activity... certain circumstances lead my case to be extra sensitive as well. Plus I don't really wanna take away from the healing process. lol.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Eh - the anticipation will be the worst.... Had the ol' snip done last summer (vasectomy) - It definitely put me off my feet for a few days, but overall, I was back to "full" functioning in a week, maybe 2. You may have to adjust accordingly if you notice any discomfort, but as long as you listen to your body & take heed - I wouldn't delay any longer than absolutely necessary -

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Problem with circumcisions is that anytime anything merely touches the head, it's like you got stabbed in the dick. My advice may suck to hear, but personally I would go ahead and concede to the fact you'll probably lose some gains, and go ahead and just lower your cals and eat mostly protein and fats. When you get back in the gym, you'll be pretty weak but you'll be back to where you were in 1-3 weeks, and you'll probably blast through a couple of plateaus pretty easily after.

zeroshens

Awards
I bet you will be back in two weeks or less. Maybe cut your cArbs and keep healthy fats normal. Just listen to your body. You aren't gonna lose all your gains in a couple weeks. Go for walks and try to recover ASAP.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
Thanks for the advice guys... and yeah Toro like you said.. that's how it is now so I'm deathly afraid of what it's gonna be like without that skin there...... You know? It's just super sensitive.... Even with the pain killers Toro, you still had that hyper-sensitivity to touch? Well, better for the long run I guess....And I'll be able to stab no problems after a month or so, crossing my fingers that is. lol.

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
Either way bro wrap something soft around it and hit the weights stop worrying about it
I can guarantee if your serious about lifting you'll b back in the gym within one week max 2

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
I suppose. I'm excited to get some bloodwork done too while next time I'm in there.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To be fair I acquired a post-OP infection that I'm sure exacerbated the problem. Perhaps if you don't go through the same thing the hyper sensitivity will diminish faster.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
So my appointment is in 6 days guys.. For personal reasons I'd like to get a hormone panel/bloods done as well.

Any suggestions as to how to go about asking for one in the urology consult? And will I need to be specific, or will asking for a male hormone panel be enough?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
So my appointment is in 6 days guys.. For personal reasons I'd like to get a hormone panel/bloods done as well.

Any suggestions as to how to go about asking for one in the urology consult? And will I need to be specific, or will asking for a male hormone panel be enough?
PM me if you don't already have your answer and I'll send you what to ask for tmrw.