Saunas, Ice Baths and Supplements/Nutrients and their fight against Inflammation, Cancer and Aging

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I have been watching a lot of videos recently regarding the above and there seems to be a wealth of information about the aboves ability to fight off inflammation, prevent cancer growth, reverse aging (to a degree) and I want to hear from you guys about videos you have watched, any input or just a general discussion.

I have always been interested in this stuff, but I recently came across a very interesting Dr Rhonda Patrick (she is my new crush) I suggest you watch these videos I post first then add some input.

From this my biggest take was, that men who used the sauna 4-7 were 40% less likely to die from non accidental age related diseases, the study also measured confounding factors too so it was apparently quite indicative of sauna use.

This one was another interesting video and I will begin broccoli sprouting asap haha

I am about to watch this one on Red Light Therapy aswell which I have used in the past and found great results with my skin and recovery.

I have watched a few videos about Tumeric and convinced I need it in my life

From various videos I have decided to add these to my routine/diet, doses are something I am trying to workout what is the best/cost effective;

Sauna 4 times a week 15-20 mins
Cardio 3 times a week 30mins minimum (this will be a change for me, I rarely do cardio, just lift weights faster and for higher volume)
Calcium AKG- 800mg
Omega 3- 4grams minimum
Broccoli Sprouts- 100mg-150mg
Tumeric -1,500mg

I will of course try to get my diet in order nad get as much healthy natural foods for the above dosages as possible, but will supplement too.

Last edited:

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m going to be embarking down a lot more of the anti aging front by trying foxo4dri but I highly recommend methelyne blue. Also as a cool side effect, it turns your pee blue

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m going to be embarking down a lot more of the anti aging front by trying foxo4dri but I highly recommend methelyne blue. Also as a cool side effect, it turns your pee blue
Foxo4dri seems crazy expensive from first look, will look into Methelyne Blue and see if it is a viable option, I am not wanting to break the bank too much haha

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I never looked into methylene blue much, but it sounds super interesting. I probably should try it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If anyone that reads this thread wants to join in our anti-aging/longevity supplement discussion thread, here is a link:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm a big fan of Curcumin/Turmeric, but its important to make sure that you take one of the more advanced forms that your body can absorb better - its one of those things where you can get much more benefit from for example 100 to 500 mg. of certain types than taking grams per day of regular turmeric.

There's debate on which type of Curcumin has the best absorption, and it really depends on the person, as one type may work better for one and another for another. That's why with Elite Curcumin, we use 3 different branded forms of curcumin all with their own unique absorption mechanisms + 2 added absorption enhancers all in one product. We use:
  • Sabinsa's C3 Curcumin Complex
  • NNB Nutrition's CurcuPrime Tetrahydrocurcumin
  • Theravalues Theracurmin
The write up is very detailed for anyone that wants to learn more about Curcumin in general:

Here's the thread on it too:

I figured it would be better to post the links because the write up is very in depth and would require multiple posts to copy and paste all of the info about Curcumin into, so it would just be easier for anyone interested to click the length than to clutter up the thread.