SARMS still Legal? Best Sources for Ostarine?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

My friend recommended SARMs when they were still legal.

Are SARMS still legal in the US or abroad?

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sarms are legal for research purposes so as long as you are using it on your lickalottapuss spider monkey you are good to go

Anabolic Goat

Awards
Can't source it out, look around on the forum for reviews

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
you also can't post links to other sites... better delete that post OP or you're gonna get banned

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are all sourced from the same chinese suppliers, take your pick.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If you're not looking to prevent *possible* muscle loss in a severe deficit - another SARM would be better. GTx canceled development of MK-2866/Ostarine/GTx-024/Enobosarm because it wasn't anabolic enough for the FDA.

From a safety standpoint, the still legal and obtainable 2-Step DHEA PH's would be better. They still have risks, but they are more of a known quantity, compared to experimental drugs that never made it out of Phase Trials.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SARMs are completely legal for you to buy and use.

They've never been 'legal' for any of these companies to sell, human consumption or not.

They're all patented, and I'd also bet a lot of money that the customs declarations on them entering the country are being done illegally.

They're also mildly suppressive at studied doses, and almost certainly significantly suppressive at the exponentially higher doses being used by bodybuilders.

I'd actually guess you'd get more results with less suppression from 1-DHEA than most SARMs

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you're not looking to prevent *possible* muscle loss in a severe deficit - another SARM would be better. GTx canceled development of MK-2866/Ostarine/GTx-024/Enobosarm because it wasn't anabolic enough for the FDA.
I read a recentish interview with Dalton that the reason ostarine was abandoned for further research as an anabolic for cachexia patients was due to the high cost of performing longer term studies to demonstrate cardiac safety (one of the FDA requirements), but up til that point ostarine was considered by him and his team a resounding success in terms of performance parameters. Again according to the interview, it wasnt muscle growth the FDA was unimpressed with, but strength increase (not enough).

GTx is currently requesting female test subjects for ostarines use with incontinence sufferers (phase ii study, 1 and 3mg doses). Guess the FDA has different criteria there.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

My friend recommended SARMs when they were still legal.

Are SARMS still legal in the US or abroad?
THey never were legal but I am sure you can still find them out there. :) I'd be careful unless you know what you are doing and which SARM's to use. I'd of course suggest 1-DHEA and NOT to suggest you use SARMs but as a SARM I think YK-11 is the best.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I read a recentish interview with Dalton that the reason ostarine was abandoned for further research as an anabolic for cachexia patients was due to the high cost of performing longer term studies to demonstrate cardiac safety (one of the FDA requirements), but up til that point ostarine was considered by him and his team a resounding success in terms of performance parameters. Again according to the interview, it wasnt muscle growth the FDA was unimpressed with, but strength increase (not enough).

GTx is currently requesting female test subjects for ostarines use with incontinence sufferers (phase ii study, 1 and 3mg doses). Guess the FDA has different criteria there.
Here's the interview. You are correct, I remembered wrong, thanks for making me look it up :D

Enobosarm is a drug that, by all accounts, builds muscle mass and strength with acceptable side effects. Yet it failed because of regulatory constraints that all companies in the atrophy space must confront.

Discovered and developed by the Memphis, Tennessee–based biotech company GTx, enobosarm, as a SARM, binds the androgen receptor like testosterone but with tissue selectivity. Enobosarm lacks testosterone's steroid rings and thus cannot convert to dihydrotestosterone, which promotes prostate growth (and cancer). Another advantage is it doesn't have testosterone's masculinizing side effects in women, nor can it be converted by aromatases to estrogen. Its effects are largely confined to muscle, and it works; SARMs “will at relatively high doses increase muscle strength,” says St. Louis University geriatrician John Morley. “I don't think there's any real question.”

In a phase 2 trial of testing individuals with sarcopenia, GTx reported a 3% increase in lean body mass and a 15% boost in muscle stair-climbing power11. Enobosarm was well-tolerated, although it lowered serum high-density lipoprotein. So to advance the drug further in sarcopenia, the FDA required a cardiovascular safety study, which GTx estimated would cost $500 million, well beyond its means. “You have to do some really big cardiovascular safety studies if you're going into an otherwise healthy population like frail men and women,” says James Dalton, GTx's former CSO. The company scrapped plans for phase 3 in sarcopenia and chose to test enobosarm in cancer cachexia instead, where the FDA was less concerned about long-term heart effects.

In phase 3 testing, enobosarm boosted lean muscle mass in two separate trials, but stair-climbing power only in one, and only relative to placebo (i.e., no absolute increase was demonstrated). That could have been enough for approval in Europe, but not in the US, where the FDA wanted to see strength grow. That's something very hard to show in declining cancer patients undergoing aggressive therapy, says Dalton, now dean of pharmaceutical sciences at the University of Michigan. GTx decided not to file, giving up on enobosarm for treating muscle disorders. “A business and regulatory decision, more than anything else,” says Dalton, who is convinced that enobosarm is safe and effective at building and strengthening muscle. “I would take the drug today,” he says. Many people do. Illegal sales of enobosarm, also known as ostarine, are rampant on the internet.

Cancer cachexia was a problematic indication, in Morley's view, because the severity of the background illness muddied enobosarm's positive effects on muscle. Enobosarm “did wonderfully well when it was tested in old people,” he says. “Really as good as anybody's seen, both for building muscle and strength in a short period of time.” Dalton's one regret is that GTx didn't test a higher dose that would have overcome the negative effects of cancer and proven to the FDA's satisfaction that enobosarm works.

Reactions: Nac
hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
tons of places have them...i recommend LGD.. i've gained 30 pounds body weight in 8 weeks...definitely quite a bit of fat gain BUT not as much you would expect.

this is 4 weeks of back progress (182 in first pic, 192 in second pic)...took the second picture this morning just to see then compared to 4 weeks ago...was kinda shocked how much muscle density/thickness improved and looks like shoulders and lower lats grew too.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
To me, I have way too much bodyfat. So, I want something that cuts my up as best as possible, with little side effects. Cardarine is recommended but is too dangerous for me.

I'm thinking ostarine with lots of cardio. I tend to be ecto-endo morphic; so, when I gain weight it's mostly fat. When I lose weight I lose my strength really easily as well.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
To me, I have way too much bodyfat. So, I want something that cuts my up as best as possible, with little side effects. Cardarine is recommended but is too dangerous for me.

I'm thinking ostarine with lots of cardio. I tend to be ecto-endo morphic; so, when I gain weight it's mostly fat. When I lose weight I lose my strength really easily as well.
Yea ostarine would be good. I used rad-140 and it made a major cut in my body fat without cardio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 20
Anabolics 19
NYCFITOVER40 PES 0
Supplements 3
Anabolics 4