SARMS are likely to be banned/criminalized (scheduled)

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
New2this40

New2this40

Awards
Does anyone know if this will effect what I have in “transit”? Yesterday I got a call from “CDC” saying that they called it at random and I just hung up not thinking anything about it. This call also originated from where my package was last located. I doubt it’s in correlation, but it’s a bit of a coincidence.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe this is why enhanced rx and enhanced chemicals is currently not selling anything...

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does anyone know if this will effect what I have in “transit”? Yesterday I got a call from “CDC” saying that they called it at random and I just hung up not thinking anything about it. This call also originated from where my package was last located. I doubt it’s in correlation, but it’s a bit of a coincidence.
No it would have to pass first.

But don't be fooled. FDA and other 3 letter agencies in unison with USPS have definitely torn apart packages and will "lose" a package if they want it to happen. When PHs were being sold, before the ban, and I sold them on my store, I cannot tell you how many packs were searched, and how many got "lost" by USPS. I even had a package come to me that was shown as "delivered". Only it wasn't. I asked my mail man (regular) if she delivered any packs to me the day before. She said absolutely not. I showed her the tracking and she was shocked but she said honestly she had heard about that happening in certain industries.

Kratom packs get pulled alot and "lost". I think they now are openly seizing them, even though no law exists making it illegal.

Lawlessness, no?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enhanced athlete is actually now selling under a different name

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
No it would have to pass first.

But don't be fooled. FDA and other 3 letter agencies in unison with USPS have definitely torn apart packages and will "lose" a package if they want it to happen. When PHs were being sold, before the ban, and I sold them on my store, I cannot tell you how many packs were searched, and how many got "lost" by USPS. I even had a package come to me that was shown as "delivered". Only it wasn't. I asked my mail man (regular) if she delivered any packs to me the day before. She said absolutely not. I showed her the tracking and she was shocked but she said honestly she had heard about that happening in certain industries.

Kratom packs get pulled alot and "lost". I think they now are openly seizing them, even though no law exists making it illegal.

Lawlessness, no?
It is a federal offense to open a mailed package. Just them getting caught is slim to none if it wasn’t delivered. I was just concerned about the CDC call. It’s been processed and in “transit” for 5 days now and it’s only a three-four hour drive to Chicago from my place.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
BTW,compare Senator Hatch's "dangers" of Sarms write-up to attempt to get the law passed, versus the Pub Med studies being used to get SARMS approved.

It's total fraud.
hatchfraud.jpg

VS Pubmed
hatchfraud2.jpg

SwolhioState

Awards
Whenever some supplement or “research chemical” works well and is generally safe the gov comes in and says “hey **** you bro, These are for our pharmaceutical companies to prescribe/sell and make us money!”

SwolhioState

Awards
And look what were left with. Methylated **** that will eat you from the inside out. Bunch of ****head corporate dirtbags

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Don't see any of these scumbag politicians banning cigarettes.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The SARMs Control Act of 2018 builds on the success of the Designer Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 2014
Such a success...

Does anyone know exactly how they're going to define SARMS. It looks like the full text of the bill isn't online yet.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is a federal offense to open a mailed package. Just them getting caught is slim to none if it wasn’t delivered. I was just concerned about the CDC call. It’s been processed and in “transit” for 5 days now and it’s only a three-four hour drive to Chicago from my place.
Really? Excluding international tho? Most mine are opened and customs leave a slip in there.

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
Yes opening another person package is illegal, my uncle is a mailman and that was one of the questions on his application. “ If a package is ticking what do you do?” They are not allowed to open a mailed package no matter what.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes opening another person package is illegal, my uncle is a mailman and that was one of the questions on his application. “ If a package is ticking what do you do?” They are not allowed to open a mailed package no matter what.
Your uncle can't, but mail gets opened all the time. You typically need a search warrant, but there are ways around that as well. DEA for example will rush to search packages so as not to increase the time of shipment and thus giving the recipient any reason to get suspicious and refuse the package when it arrives. They also look for things like how the package is taped so they can replicate it perfectly. My ex is a federal prosecutor and was involved in this crap all the time. So no, a regular postal worker can't open a package, but federal law enforcement can and does.

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
Your uncle can't, but mail gets opened all the time. You typically need a search warrant, but there are ways around that as well. DEA for example will rush to search packages so as not to increase the time of shipment and thus giving the recipient any reason to get suspicious and refuse the package when it arrives. They also look for things like how the package is taped so they can replicate it perfectly. My ex is a federal prosecutor and was involved in this crap all the time. So no, a regular postal worker can't open a package, but federal law enforcement can and does.
As a federal employee I figured most would be that way, but I just received an email saying that my item has departed so I’m not worried any more about it. On a separate note if this passes will it effect the “research” companies?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As a federal employee I figured most would be that way, but I just received an email saying that my item has departed so I’m not worried any more about it. On a separate note if this passes will it effect the “research” companies?
You're fine and honestly feds don't care about individual users. They're not going to spend the time and money to bust somebody for a couple hundreds bucks worth of gear or even pot, unless you're obvious about it. They're doing this with larger distributors. Honestly I haven't had the time yet to read this legislation as it doesn't affect anything I use, so I can't answer the second part. I think right now there is a lot unknown and a whole lot of misinformation on both sides of the issue.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The press release refers to the regulation of SARMs as dietary supplements. I thought it has been this way for years...hence the reason they all became available as research chemicals that are not for human consumption. I am not quite sure how this changes anything..

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The way this is going to work is they will make them Schedule 3 which makes them a felony to simply posses without a legal prescription(which there is none on these as none have been brought to market.) So you cannot sell them as a RC item. All the RC items are NON-SCHEDULED. If this passes you will take the same risk ordering sarms as you would dbol or test.

Dollar to donuts GW and MK677 end up listed as they both are always inappropriately listed/called sarms.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The way this is going to work is they will make them Schedule 3 which makes them a felony to simply posses without a legal prescription(which there is none on these as none have been brought to market.) So you cannot sell them as a RC item. All the RC items are NON-SCHEDULED. If this passes you will take the same risk ordering sarms as you would dbol or test.

Dollar to donuts GW and MK677 end up listed as they both are always inappropriately listed/called sarms.
That's what my question really is. People call MK-677 a SARM all the time when it's not, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it ends up on the list, which would be a shame really, and would show that the people writing these laws either have no idea what they're talking about, or just don't care. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see until the text of the bill is available to read.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The press release refers to the regulation of SARMs as dietary supplements. I thought it has been this way for years...hence the reason they all became available as research chemicals that are not for human consumption. I am not quite sure how this changes anything..
If they classify it as a controlled substance like the article says then you won’t see “research companies” selling sarms for the same reason you don’t see such companies sell testosterone as a “research chemical” due to it being a classified controlled substance. It is a felony.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's what my question really is. People call MK-677 a SARM all the time when it's not, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it ends up on the list, which would be a shame really, and would show that the people writing these laws either have no idea what they're talking about, or just don't care. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see until the text of the bill is available to read.
I think it is both: They don't know what they are talking about and they don't care. Now some of them probably fall into the category of poorly informed but still consider them selves an expert and lets not kid ourselves here anyone on here more than likely has more knowledge of these compounds than all of congress and the senate combined. There is a reason these idiots go into "public service" because the private sector often times relies on folks to be efficient and productive not always granted but more often then .gov lol.

Just once I would like ONE FREAKING YEAR to pass without the nanny state deciding that I can't have another toy. In other news Penn State has decided that hiking is too dangerous to sanction: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/23/penn-state-calls-outing-club-too-risky-bans-it-from-going-outside.amp.html and http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/04/26/penn-state-outdoors-recreation-clubs-wilderness/amp/ .

We are well on our way to becoming a country and a world of total p**sys.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it is both: They don't know what they are talking about and they don't care. Now some of them probably fall into the category of poorly informed but still consider them selves an expert and lets not kid ourselves here anyone on here more than likely has more knowledge of these compounds than all of congress and the senate combined. There is a reason these idiots go into "public service" because the private sector often times relies on folks to be efficient and productive not always granted but more often then .gov lol.

Just once I would like ONE FREAKING YEAR to pass without the nanny state deciding that I can't have another toy. In other news Penn State has decided that hiking is too dangerous to sanction: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/23/penn-state-calls-outing-club-too-risky-bans-it-from-going-outside.amp.html and http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/04/26/penn-state-outdoors-recreation-clubs-wilderness/amp/ .

We are well on our way to becoming a country and a world of total p**sys.
That’s the truth!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Well this proves the fact that Sarms are effective, if not, grandstanding politicians wouldn't be sticking their noses into the situation

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
How long would it take to pass this? Weeks, months, years??

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Yep but I asked my Attorney about this. And let's say hypothetically you are arrested for ordering a bottle of MK677..and they are attempting to prosecute you in Court under the SARM bill.

Lets say they searched your house and found a treasure trove of AAS on top of that matter.

When you prove that the Original item (MK677) is not actually a SARM, and cannot be prosecuted under that bill, you cannot be legally prosecuted for that item. And anything they found afterward, as result of the now illegal search and seizure would be considered Fruit of the Poisonous tree and they cannot prosecute you for that.

He said you would be able to even demand the MK back, obviously not the illegal items they found in the search.

This of course so long as the MK677 cannot be deemed illegal under any other "existing" bills or illegalities.

Sorry to add confusion to the thread, just thought some of you might find that interesting.

But would be a major pain in the ass and cost you $$$$.

End of the day we have bigger issues in this World then bodybuilders using RAD140. Completely foolish. Completely expected.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well this proves the fact that Sarms are effective, if not, grandstanding politicians wouldn't be sticking their noses into the situation
Patrick Arnold and I were going back and forth over this. He thinks its 100% for USADA. (He might be right)

I think its for a combination of USADA, making it illegal to keep profits in the pockets of Big Pharma, as well as to give DEA "diversions" aka give them more reach to find more goods, under the disguise of safety. (I might be right LOL)

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Such a success...

Does anyone know exactly how they're going to define SARMS. It looks like the full text of the bill isn't online yet.
In Australia the category was pretty much destroyed and everything divided (rightfully so) into their own categories and then we just have umbrella policies governing each family/category.

It actually makes a lot more sense then banning "SARM's" as the most common; Osta was made a S4 here (script only). While PPAR agonists have their own category, so do Rev-ErbA agonists, same as GH secreteologues (MK-677 also made S4 here). As the research behind each compound is so varied, its unfair to lump them all together.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep but I asked my Attorney about this. And let's say hypothetically you are arrested for ordering a bottle of MK677..and they are attempting to prosecute you in Court under the SARM bill.

Lets say they searched your house and found a treasure trove of AAS on top of that matter.

When you prove that the Original item (MK677) is not actually a SARM, and cannot be prosecuted under that bill, you cannot be legally prosecuted for that item. And anything they found afterward, as result of the now illegal search and seizure would be considered Fruit of the Poisonous tree and they cannot prosecute you for that.

He said you would be able to even demand the MK back, obviously not the illegal items they found in the search.

This of course so long as the MK677 cannot be deemed illegal under any other "existing" bills or illegalities.

Sorry to add confusion to the thread, just thought some of you might find that interesting.

But would be a major pain in the ass and cost you $$$$.

End of the day we have bigger issues in this World then bodybuilders using RAD140. Completely foolish. Completely expected.
Yes but I have a feeling this bill will list compounds by chemical/common name as well as a broad descriptive attempt at a catch all for future sarms. So if MK677 is NOT listed by name I agree with the lawyer. If it IS listed by name then the title of the bill is irrelevant as the item has been scheduled by name as schedule 3.

oliverfox

Awards
This bill has a 20% chance of being enacted.
Factors considered:

The overall text of the bill increases its chances of being enacted. The bill's primary sponsor is from the state/territory: UT. The bill's primary sponsor is a Republican. The bill is assigned to the Senate Judiciary committee. The bill's primary subject is Crime and law enforcement.

(Factors are based on correlations which may not indicate causation.)

Predictions are by Skopos Labs.

SOURCE: govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/s2742

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This bill has a 20% chance of being enacted.
Factors considered:

The overall text of the bill increases its chances of being enacted. The bill's primary sponsor is from the state/territory: UT. The bill's primary sponsor is a Republican. The bill is assigned to the Senate Judiciary committee. The bill's primary subject is Crime and law enforcement.

(Factors are based on correlations which may not indicate causation.)

Predictions are by Skopos Labs.

SOURCE: govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/s2742
Unfortunatly I predict the bill has a 100 percent chance of being enacted.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This will most likely pass as the Gov. has the ability to and there are very few if any that will be voting that use or have used these products. They don't think of peoples best interest, just their own.

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
Should I stock up now and will this affect the research area of sarms

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should I stock up now and will this affect the research area of sarms
Yeah most likely they're going away. And by going away I mean banned. And once they're banned you won't be able to purchase them,for research or anything else.

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
Yeah most likely they're going away. And by going away I mean banned. And once they're banned you won't be able to purchase them,for research or anything else.
Alright I’ll be getting on it at the end of this week

dolor

Awards
Been a member for a while but never post before; I always lurked.

However, this thread caught my eye. I went through a terrible experience relating to this sort of business and a federal agency. I can confirm that USADA and other federal agencies are HIGHLY interested in scheduling SARMS. As a matter of fact,it's a done deal. I know because I went through the wringer. The day for buying SARMS legally and online are coming to an end.

To those who are reading this and may be involved in the sale of these and other illicit goods,here's my advice: get out. It's not worth it. Doesn't matter where you are in the world (unless it's China). They will come get you.When you get caught, you WILL lose everything. I rue the day that I did what I did and was forced to cross swords (and lose) with the U.S. Government. My life is a straight highway now. Never again!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

However, this thread caught my eye. I went through a terrible experience relating to this sort of business and a federal agency. I can confirm that USADA and other federal agencies are HIGHLY interested in scheduling SARMS. As a matter of fact,it's a done deal. I know because I went through the wringer. The day for buying SARMS legally and online are coming to an end.

To those who are reading this and may be involved in the sale of these and other illicit goods,here's my advice: get out. It's not worth it. Doesn't matter where you are in the world (unless it's China). They will come get you.When you get caught, you WILL lose everything. I rue the day that I did what I did and was forced to cross swords (and lose) with the U.S. Government. My life is a straight highway now. Never again!
Care to elaborate on your experience a bit?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I don't think I have ever said this on this forum...

But awesome first post, and thank you man, that means alot to look out for everyone here :)

dolor

Awards
Care to elaborate a bit on your experience bit?
I won't give names or go into details.I'll just give a gist.

I used to own and operate and international UGL for about five years. Ninety-five percent of my customers were U.S. citizens. Two years after I had voluntarily shut doors and moved on with my life with a new and legal business, the hammer came crashing down. They came all the way down to South America to get me. I spent 16 months in prison waiting on the extradition . When I finally got here, they wanted me to talk to USADA. Unfortunately for them, I never dealt with the professional calibre athletes that they were looking for (the NBA,NFL,UFC types...I was told that USADA doesn't give two hoots about bodybuilders). In the end,I got two years (time served).

The point is, USADA and the DEA have a very tight working relationship. They are going after SARM's and are doing everything they can to schedule them. And they will get it done. Btw, the DEA only cares if you are a dealer/manufacturer. However, they will bust a simple user in hopes that it will lead them to the bigger catch (relax, if that happens,you will get your chance to tattle and go home to your family as the lives of the people you've sold out are destroyed).

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I won't give names or go into details.I'll just give a gist.

I used to own and operate and international UGL for about five years. Ninety-five percent of my customers were U.S. citizens. Two years after I had voluntarily shut doors and moved on with my life with a new and legal business, the hammer came crashing down. They came all the way down to South America to get me. I spent 16 months in prison waiting on the extradition . When I finally got here, they wanted me to talk to USADA. Unfortunately for them, I never dealt with the professional calibre athletes that they were looking for (the NBA,NFL,UFC types...I was told that USADA doesn't give two hoots about bodybuilders). In the end,I got two years (time served).

The point is, USADA and the DEA have a very tight working relationship. They are going after SARM's and are doing everything they can to schedule them. And they will get it done. Btw, the DEA only cares if you are a dealer/manufacturer. However, they will bust a simple user in hopes that it will lead them to the bigger catch (relax, if that happens,you will get your chance to tattle and go home to your family as the lives of the people you've sold out are destroyed).
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope you are able to put things behind you and build your life again.

dolor

Awards
I don't think I have ever said this on this forum...

But awesome first post, and thank you man, that means alot to look out for everyone here :)
Thanks man. Like I said,I joined up years ago but always lurked. I was mostly active on other ''source boards''.

I wasn't going to post anything because I've been totally turned off of everything related to bodybuilding because of my experience. I just happened to get here through a Google search that I was doing on Melatonin. I wasn't going to post anything.But then I remembered my conversation with USADA and I know how it's going to go. I thought that there might be some owner of some research site who would read this post. So, I decided to make a post ; one that I wish I had read in my days of being a UGL. Who knows. Perhaps one of them might read this and decide to get out of this business while they're still safe.