Safe to drink melted PWO?

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a tub of PWO that was almost empty (maybe a scoop or two left) that I forgot about for a few months, and when I unscrewed the lid earlier, I saw that the remaining powder had liquified into goo (basically looks like hard candy like a Jolly Rancher).

Anyone know if this is still safe to eat? It's a fairly rare PWO (Excelsior) that is currently sold out at all online retailers, so would prefer not to waste the last few scoops if possible.

Thanks

Cryptocommander

Awards
I have a tub of PWO that was almost empty (maybe a scoop or two left) that I forgot about for a few months, and when I unscrewed the lid earlier, I saw that the remaining powder had liquified into goo (basically looks like hard candy like a Jolly Rancher).

Anyone know if this is still safe to eat? It's a fairly rare PWO (Excelsior) that is currently sold out at all online retailers, so would prefer not to waste the last few scoops if possible.

Thanks
I have two old black excelsior bottles… one is melted and the other is not. Only few servings on each bottle and both stored same location. Odd
IMG_6311.JPG

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s still g2g just harder to dose it.
Thanks. I drank what looked like roughly ~1.5 scoops last night prior to going out to do my running and I'm still here, so I guess it was safe to consume after all.

(Of course, with this being Excelsior, I realize that "safe" is a relative term here, LOL)...

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have two old black excelsior bottles… one is melted and the other is not. Only few servings on each bottle and both stored same location. Odd
View attachment 233892
Mine kind of looks like that, except it's more of a clear, less viscous liquid (it actually oozes back and forth when I rotate the tub).

Are you going to try and drink any of the melted Excelsior?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s usually the point where I’ll throw it away.
No bacteria growth or anything in that wet humid environment? Genuinely curious

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In this case, I wouldn't take it - although I wouldn't take that product to begin with. The issue is that even best case, you really don't know what's in there, so you have no way to know how it would be affected by that. If it were a normal pre-workout, it would probably be fine. But with something like that, the type of exotic stims used are fairly low mg wise and it may be difficult to do uniform disbursement and that could be dangerous.

Cryptocommander

Awards
That’s usually the point where I’ll throw it away.
No bacteria growth or anything in that wet humid environment? Genuinely curious
Yeah I prob won’t drink it. But I’ll still have it here lol. The other excelsior which has been stored next to this one, is caked up. I’m thinking must be different ingredients.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
to this day i dont understand why people take stuff like this where the company isnt cGMP regulated which makes me believe someone is mixing this stuff in their grandma's basement

i guess danger is yall middle name

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is one of the worst I have ever seen !! :sick: