S23 cut or recomp?

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Is it possible to recomp on S23?
When people talk about cutting on steroids I get really confused because I never lose weight, I always build muscle.
Could I run injected s23 with T3?

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
When people talk about cutting on steroids I get really confused because I never lose weight, I always build muscle.
Yes. Your weight will most likely stay even if you recomp. You’ll look a lot different though because you’re gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously.

I’ve never touched s23. I wouldn’t run it though based on anecdotal logs, as it’s extremely androgenic and hepatotoxic. Why the T3 too? You’re risking going catabolic on it.

Friendly Milkshake

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
S23 sucks. Winny is way more effective and you don't feel like ****.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Because you are eating too many calories to cut. This is pretty simple.

Steroids raise your metabolic needs to varying degrees. If you are building additional muscle you will gain weight. If you undereat you will lose weight while preserving most of the muscle you already had. If you just add drugs and barely change a thing (or only add enough to maintain on the new norm) you will “recomp”, where the drugs elicit their cellular effects but you manage to keep weight fairly static.

Yes. Your weight will most likely stay even if you recomp. You’ll look a lot different though because you’re gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously.

I’ve never touched s23. I wouldn’t run it though based on anecdotal logs, as it’s extremely androgenic and hepatotoxic. Why the T3 too? You’re risking going catabolic on it.
Typically someone using thyroid hormones to accelerate fat loss is using androgens to offset that catabolism.

S23 is not nearly as androgenic as things like Winstrol or Masteron. And most orals are hepatoxic.

S23 sucks. Winny is way more effective and you don't feel like ****.
Hair loss and trashed lipids from Winny are the biggest reasons why I could see someone consider S23 as an alternative. S23 makes me cramp super easily. Not a great ride.

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So you take steroids to preserve muscle in a cut... do you have to lift AND do cardio or is cardio on steroids enough to preserve muscle? I dont like lifting and doing cardio on the same days. I thought gear was bad for endurance? Since my heart is a muscle wouldn't it grow if I do cardio on steroids?
What am I missing.... taking muscle builders to lose fat has always made 0 sense to me
If steroids are only for extreme deficits of 3000+ calories a day then I'll probably never need to do a cut cycle. I run 4 or 5 hours a week when I'm trying to lose weight, I get results but I guess I'm not as hardcore as you guys

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So you take steroids to preserve muscle in a cut... do you have to lift AND do cardio or is cardio on steroids enough to preserve muscle? I dont like lifting and doing cardio on the same days. I thought gear was bad for endurance? Since my heart is a muscle wouldn't it grow if I do cardio on steroids?
What am I missing.... taking muscle builders to lose fat has always made 0 sense to me
If steroids are only for extreme deficits of 3000+ calories a day then I'll probably never need to do a cut cycle. I run 4 or 5 hours a week when I'm trying to lose weight, I get results but I guess I'm not as hardcore as you guys
Did you just ask me if you should be lifting weights while taking steroids?

IMG_4075.JPG

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If I am in a 500 calorie deficit from running AND
Your telling me cardio will eat my muscle unless I'm lifting too?
Do people lose a **** ton of muscle when dieting without steroids that warrants the use of them?

I am ALWAYS lifting on steroids and I am powerlifter big. Not body builder big.

Can you explain to me the advantages of losing weight with steroids? Because it's not happening faster.... it's not happening at all.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do people lose a **** ton of muscle when dieting without steroids that warrants the use of them?

Can you explain to me the advantages of losing weight with steroids? Because it's not happening faster.... it's not happening at all.
to be honest bro I’m a little unsure of where to start on this one......it’s been a long day but I’d like to try and help you out so in a nutshell.

In a deficit without steroids: the body will burn glycogen, fat and muscle for fuel. Obviously a load of factors influence how much of each is used but at various stages all three will contribute to the fuel requirement. It is also very challenging for the body to build muscle (as your in a deficit)

with steroids in a deficit : the level of protein synthesis increases significantly throughout the day, the body is able to use the calories you do consume for muscle building (assuming you lift to provide that stimulus - it’ll actually happen anyway to a much lower degree on roids but lifting is far more optimal). The body will continue to burn fat, glycogen and muscle for fuel but via a whole host of mechanisms (reduced cortisol for example) the balance is shifted more towards fat and glycogen.

if you aren’t losing weight on steroids it’s down to

a) water retention
B) some muscle gain
C) you aren’t in a deficit (you are eating what you think is a deficit but much like my first girlfriends attitude towards anal, things change).

t3 simply increases the calories you burn throughout the day, not on roids it’ll get the fuel it needs from fat and muscle. On roids it’s mostly gonna come from fat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Of course it doesn’t happen faster. The steroids help maintain your lean mass in a deficit. Without them, when you diet you will lose both fat and lean mass, which means the muscle you worked so hard to build will take a hike.

Using steroids to diet is the best way to retain lean mass and have a higher muscle:bodyfat ratio for competition. It is not the best way to drop overall bodyweight the fastest to lose an arbitrary amount of lbs on the scale.

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks whiskey, you did a very good job explaining this. Hyde thank you too.
Everything makes 100% more sense. Maybe I should get in touch with a nutritionist. . .? Obviously if I'm only building muscle I'm doing something wrong.
I cant wait to do it right and shhhrrreeeddddddddddd.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 77
Cycle Logs 20
Anabolics 23
JPSwole Anabolics 11
Supraboy Anabolics 27