Russianstar the return

Russianstarr

Awards
Most of you probably dont know me, that's good.
I made a mess of my life and I am returning to where I started, on the forums

I will be doing a log here to try and motivate myself and hopefully others too.
I know a little about supplements etc so feel free to ask , I know there are a lot of experts on here already.

Thank you Am for allowing me a place to restart my journey.

Russianstarr

Awards
Current stats.
189cm
90kg
Bf 13-15%

I'm training using the 5,4,3,2,1 routine .

Currently my bench is around 115kg
Deadlift 140kg
Squat 170kg

Way off my old numbers but I havent trained for years.

This is my second week starting today back in the gym.
Thank you all once again.

Feel free to offer tips and advice.

Rs

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Welcome back. I wish you the best of luck and success.

The biggest advice I can give is what I've been having to keep having self help talks with my own self about - is to ease back into it. I'm a few months back into training after a long layoff because of a bad accident myself. I know we all want to get back to where we used to be as quick as possible, but pace yourself and take it slow and let your body ease into it. I've had to do this myself as I've had to be really careful about pushing myself too hard. My strength has come back great, but likely faster than my tendons and ligaments could handle so I've been trying to pace myself hoping to avoid injuries.

One great thing you have going for you is that your body-fat seems very low for someone that hasn't trained in years, so that's an awesome start.

Russianstarr

Awards
Welcome back. I wish you the best of luck and success.

The biggest advice I can give is what I've been having to keep having self help talks with my own self about - is to ease back into it. I'm a few months back into training after a long layoff because of a bad accident myself. I know we all want to get back to where we used to be as quick as possible, but pace yourself and take it slow and let your body ease into it. I've had to do this myself as I've had to be really careful about pushing myself too hard. My strength has come back great, but likely faster than my tendons and ligaments could handle so I've been trying to pace myself hoping to avoid injuries.

One great thing you have going for you is that your body-fat seems very low for someone that hasn't trained in years, so that's an awesome start.
Love the advice bro, I will definitely take it slowly.
May I ask what happened please?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Love the advice bro, I will definitely take it slowly.
May I ask what happened please?
I was ran over by a car in February of 2022. It broke my right shoulder and my right leg in 3 places. It broke the fibula above the ankle and below the knee and then shattered the tibia (shin) bone and it came out thru my calf muscle. I was airlifted and spent 10 days in a trauma center, 5 weeks in a wheelchair, 6 months of physical therapy 5 days a week, and since then had to learn how to walk again. At first they thought I wouldn't make it to the hospital, then they thought I'd lose my leg. They wanted to amputate but one of the surgeons agreed to do a very risky surgery that would make for a very difficult recovery, and I'm very thankful to him that he allowed me to make that decision and risk it. But its been rough.

During the process, I had just really let myself go from anxiety and depression and lost all my muscle and gained a lot of fat.

I started back cleaning my diet up Feb. 2023 and from Feb to June lost about 40 lbs. I was pretty happy with that being that it was just supplements and a not too strict diet and no exercise.

In June, I was able to start back really easing into working out and then July was able to resume a very careful what I used to would have considered normal workout routine, but minus cardio. I have not been able to start doing cardio again I'm having to take things very careful with my leg. I'm doing a quick cut right now, and have been considering starting to try to add some light cardio in after Halloween. I wanted to wait until after Halloween in case there's a setback with my leg, I didn't want to mess up my daughter's Halloween.

Since July, I've been doing a lot of supplements and been very happy with the amount of muscle I've put back on and strength I've gained back. But I've had to have quite a few self help talks along the way to slow myself down and not wind up hurting myself and remind myself that just because I can go up in strength doesn't mean that I should haha.

Russianstarr

Awards
Welcome back to the iron. You may abandon it, but it will never abandon you.
100% thank you bro
I was ran over by a car in February of 2022. It broke my right shoulder and my right leg in 3 places. It broke the fibula above the ankle and below the knee and then shattered the tibia (shin) bone and it came out thru my calf muscle. I was airlifted and spent 10 days in a trauma center, 5 weeks in a wheelchair, 6 months of physical therapy 5 days a week, and since then had to learn how to walk again. At first they thought I wouldn't make it to the hospital, then they thought I'd lose my leg. They wanted to amputate but one of the surgeons agreed to do a very risky surgery that would make for a very difficult recovery, and I'm very thankful to him that he allowed me to make that decision and risk it. But its been rough.

During the process, I had just really let myself go from anxiety and depression and lost all my muscle and gained a lot of fat.

I started back cleaning my diet up Feb. 2023 and from Feb to June lost about 40 lbs. I was pretty happy with that being that it was just supplements and a not too strict diet and no exercise.

In June, I was able to start back really easing into working out and then July was able to resume a very careful what I used to would have considered normal workout routine, but minus cardio. I have not been able to start doing cardio again I'm having to take things very careful with my leg. I'm doing a quick cut right now, and have been considering starting to try to add some light cardio in after Halloween. I wanted to wait until after Halloween in case there's a setback with my leg, I didn't want to mess up my daughter's Halloween.

Since July, I've been doing a lot of supplements and been very happy with the amount of muscle I've put back on and strength I've gained back. But I've had to have quite a few self help talks along the way to slow myself down and not wind up hurting myself and remind myself that just because I can go up in strength doesn't mean that I should haha.
Massive inspiration to myself, thank you so much for sharing. Would love to follow your progress too.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What lmao
Where's that dht dick growing cream... Pics or gtfo
I'm not here to push my products bro
Russianstarr is not a new member, new similar handle. Look at similar posts or use the search function. My post was a joke on some dht cream product that was sold that some used on their Johnson or it was advertised this way I forgot exactly

For long term members here in this forum some are very unaware.

No idea what happened to you, no ill will toward you myself but hope you didn't screw a bunch of customers.. welcome back

Last edited:

Russianstarr

Awards
Russianstarr is not a new member, new similar handle. Look at similar posts or use the search function. My post was a joke on some dht cream product that was sold that some used on their Johnson or it was advertised this way I forgot exactly

For long term members here in this forum some are very unaware.

No idea what happened to you, no ill will toward you myself but hope you didn't screw a bunch of customers.. welcome back
I appreciate that.
Like I said I'm not here to push my products, I'm here to grow as a person. Hopefully physically too.

Russianstarr

Awards
How is everyone. I had a good workout today.
Went for volume over real weight with legs, as I wasn't feeling very strong.

Russianstarr

Awards
Good afternoon everyone.
So in response my Sunday was a lazy day on the whole. Spending time with my boys and doing some online work.

Today though was much better. Thanks to the advice here .

Breakfast.
Cereal with protein and milk.
Black coffee.
Pre workout drink

Gym.
Legs day.
Squats I went for volume as I wasn't feeling that strong.
5 sets of 10 squats.
70kg x 10
80 kg x 10
90kg x 10
95kg x 10
100kg x 10

4 sets of leg extensions
65kg x 12
70kg x 12
75kg x 10
80kg x 10

Hamstring curls
60kg x 8
70kg x 7
80kg x 6

Sit ups
3 x 15

Calf raises
Donkey calf 4 x 20reps
Seated calf extensions 4 x 20

Then I did backwards walking on the running machine for 3 minutes.
Got a massive pump in my quads and it helps my back posture.

Then I went to work and cleaned some carpets which is what I'm doing as I find it theraputic.

Then after work

Guess what... I went back to the gym and supersetted my arms biceps and triceps
Had a nice pump which was quite satisfying.

Then I had a Jacket with salad and chicken.

What do you think guys?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A jacket with salad and chicken? Sounds messy lol

What cereal do you like preWO?

Russianstarr

Awards
A jacket with salad and chicken? Sounds messy lol

What cereal do you like preWO?
Haha.
Jacket potatoe, with the skin baked on.
I had weetabix today.
Probably granola tomorrow, what do you like bro?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha.
Jacket potatoe, with the skin baked on.
I had weetabix today.
Probably granola tomorrow, what do you like bro?
What country are you out of? I’ve heard guys in Australia mention Weetabix but it’s not really a thing in the US (looks like maybe we can get it from a manufacturer in Canada though).

I don’t like cereal as a preWO meal, but I ate 150g+ Raisin Bran most days this past powerbulk I just wrapped up. Got a healthy amount of fiber in and, well, I love raisins.

As a rapid postWO or carb-loading treat, Frosted Flakes is a tasty high-sugar option. Pulverized corn & sugar basically, barely filling.

Rice Chex is good periWO option, almost no sugar added, just rice, but they add so much iron I stay away from it to avoid getting overly thick blood.

Russianstarr

Awards
damn dude, if a 374lb squat is your 'weak, just coming back to it' squat, that's pretty damn impressive IMO.
Is it? I see guys squatting like 230kg for reps in the gym or more, so thought as a 1rpm it wasn't really anything special

Russianstarr

Awards
What country are you out of? I’ve heard guys in Australia mention Weetabix but it’s not really a thing in the US (looks like maybe we can get it from a manufacturer in Canada though).

I don’t like cereal as a preWO meal, but I ate 150g+ Raisin Bran most days this past powerbulk I just wrapped up. Got a healthy amount of fiber in and, well, I love raisins.

As a rapid postWO or carb-loading treat, Frosted Flakes is a tasty high-sugar option. Pulverized corn & sugar basically, barely filling.

Rice Chex is good periWO option, almost no sugar added, just rice, but they add so much iron I stay away from it to avoid getting overly thick blood.
UK bro.
Yeah we don't have much of those things here.
I'm finding it hard to eat pre workout as I feel sick when I'm training . So i did fasted today.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is it? I see guys squatting like 230kg for reps in the gym or more, so thought as a 1rpm it wasn't really anything special
it is to me, I think honestly that's a solid number for anyone coming back. The only person I've ever met in my life that can take months off and come back to a bigger squat is my buddy Ian who used to joke and say he squats 405-475 once a month so that he has time to recover lol. I deadlift and bench substantially more than him, but I've never even squatted 374 myself despite pulling 475 from the ground and 500 from the rack.

but my buddy is a freak with a huge ass. I don't know a lot of guys that can squat what he can squat untrained.

Russianstarr

Awards
it is to me, I think honestly that's a solid number for anyone coming back. The only person I've ever met in my life that can take months off and come back to a bigger squat is my buddy Ian who used to joke and say he squats 405-475 once a month so that he has time to recover lol. I deadlift and bench substantially more than him, but I've never even squatted 374 myself despite pulling 475 from the ground and 500 from the rack.

but my buddy is a freak with a huge ass. I don't know a lot of guys that can squat what he can squat untrained.
Haha I definitely am not a freak. Just good at certain movements maybe.

There's a guy in my gym who looks bloated and really bad on the gear. But he does know quite a lot about training and technique.
I guess every gym has one of those guys there.
He loves telling me about his 200kg deads and massive benches, maybe true I dont know..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
UK bro.
Yeah we don't have much of those things here.
I'm finding it hard to eat pre workout as I feel sick when I'm training . So i did fasted today.
My morning sessions I don’t do well with eating much, so I stick to Cliff bars (mainly ground oatmeal, rice syrup, 6-8g fat) if I want something more substantial or just a Rice Krispies bar on the way, then drink some carbs intra to maintain blood sugar. Plus EAAs. Shake after, then it’s real food rest of the day to recover proper.

Russianstarr

Awards
My morning sessions I don’t do well with eating much, so I stick to Cliff bars (mainly ground oatmeal, rice syrup, 6-8g fat) if I want something more substantial or just a Rice Krispies bar on the way, then drink some carbs intra to maintain blood sugar. Plus EAAs. Shake after, then it’s real food rest of the day to recover proper.
I can get those rice krispie bars so might try that.
I trained fasted for years if it was a morning workout, but my best gains came in evening workouts, however I definitely didn't look as good.
Morning workouts fasted = better look. Drier, more definition.
Evening workouts, = bigger pumps, more mass, stronger and heavier lifts.

Would you say that's a fair reflection guys?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can get those rice krispie bars so might try that.
I trained fasted for years if it was a morning workout, but my best gains came in evening workouts, however I definitely didn't look as good.
Morning workouts fasted = better look. Drier, more definition.
Evening workouts, = bigger pumps, more mass, stronger and heavier lifts.

Would you say that's a fair reflection guys?
Yes, but even for a totally physique-focused individual your training must successfully have some measure of progression. So being better fueled during training in turn helps create a better physique, IF calories can be equated.

So you will look best if you get bigger with better fuel timing, then display it when it matters with a tight gut & drier look. If the most important thing to you is how you look strictly in the gym, then you will have to sacrifice optimal performance. That time becomes the prize ahead of progress.

John Meadows always said that it’s okay to suffer in a diet the rest of the day, but your training window should be sacred.

Russianstarr

Awards
Yes, but even for a totally physique-focused individual your training must successfully have some measure of progression. So being better fueled during training in turn helps create a better physique, IF calories can be equated.

So you will look best if you get bigger with better fuel timing, then display it when it matters with a tight gut & drier look. If the most important thing to you is how you look strictly in the gym, then you will have to sacrifice optimal performance. That time becomes the prize ahead of progress.

John Meadows always said that it’s okay to suffer in a diet the rest of the day, but your training window should be sacred.
I like that bro.
Thank you for the advice , its definitely food for thought.

Russianstarr

Awards
Hello everyone, how are you all?

I managed a quick arm workout today despite feeling pretty rough from some chicken I think I ate.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hello everyone, how are you all?

I managed a quick arm workout today despite feeling pretty rough from some chicken I think I ate.
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling bad. I hope you feel better and glad you got your workout in.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can't believe looking back I did that, still remember the pumps, they were insane.
Hey man - just trying to help - but things are different here now - you'll get yourself banned the second someone reports that.

Some in this thread have questioned your reasons and motives for starting to post here again - you're making them seem right by posting something like that.

I'm not telling you what to do - just trying to help you. If you're sincere about the reasons why you're back posting, then just know that outside links to non-sponsor companies such as those in that post, are an automatic permanent ban now. There are no more warnings or temporary bans - just straight out you're gone.

Russianstarr

Awards
Hey man - just trying to help - but things are different here now - you'll get yourself banned the second someone reports that.

Some in this thread have questioned your reasons and motives for starting to post here again - you're making them seem right by posting something like that.

I'm not telling you what to do - just trying to help you. If you're sincere about the reasons why you're back posting, then just know that outside links to non-sponsor companies such as those in that post, are an automatic permanent ban now. There are no more warnings or temporary bans - just straight out you're gone.
I thought as it was already on Am it would be OK, Il delete it bro

Russianstarr

Awards
So I thought I'd post up some information based on my own experience.
Firstly I think looking young is important, no one wants to feel amazing but look like a shriveled up grape.

So I have compartmentalised 2 categories.
Aesthetic and internal Anti ageing.

First Aesthetic.

The first thing you want to be looking at is CYCLOASTROGENOL
This extract from Astralagus provides a few noticeable benefits apart from providing energy in abundance.
It helps eyesight, improves hair colour if it's started to grey.
It reduces inflammation, most noticeably in the skin if you have rosacea it works wonders.
It improves heart health and lowers the risk of diabetes.
It is a Novel senolytic agent, it reduces the amount of senescent cells or zombie cells (these are not good for your overall health.

BROMELAIN
This enzyme from pineapple can reduce floaters and inflammation especially in the skin, it also aids digestion.

CALCIUM ALPHA KETOGLUTARATE
This definatley improves skin texture, helps with injuries and wounds, lowers the risks that come with ageing and improves stamina.
I noticed a huge improvement in my skin using this.

INTERNAL ANTI AGEING

SPERMADINE
This activates Autophagy, the bodies natural cellular renewal and recycling process, you can guess why this is so important.
Helps with liver function, can help prevent age related diseases like heart disease, it definitely improved my energy levels and it removes zombie cells from the body.
Look for Wheat term extract not soy.

NMN
B-NICOTINAMIDE MONONUCLEOTIDE
This increases Nad+ which stimulates metabolism, and Sirtuin activity.
Ever heard why fasting is good for you, Sirtuin is activated during dating, and helps increase life expectancy, NMN does this all by itself.
Huge energy increases straight off.

I take other supplements too, q10 to help with my heart, vit c and others, but after lots of research the above stack is my go to when I'm feeling a bit rough, I will use it for 6 months straight.
During that time people often comment on my energy and how I look.
It's not just placebo as my health markers show these really work.

My next shirt Article will be on myostatin inhibitors and my experiences with them.

Thank you all.

Rs

Please let me know your Anti Ageing stacks and what benefits you have seen.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I thought as it was already on Am it would be OK, Il delete it bro
I'm confused because what you posted was an outside link to a blog post that then had a link to a chem company on it.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do; just letting you know that things are different now days and there aren't warnings for outside links like that anymore. If someone were to report it and the Admin sees it as you trying to promote and outside blog post with a research chem company link in it, that's it, the person's banned.

Russianstarr

Awards
I'm confused because what you posted was an outside link to a blog post that then had a link to a chem company on it.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do; just letting you know that things are different now days and there aren't warnings for outside links like that anymore. If someone were to report it and the Admin sees it as you trying to promote and outside blog post with a research chem company link in it, that's it, the person's banned.
It was just my blog where all my articles and experiences are.
Thank you though I won't do that again as I'm not here to get banned

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Australia and Asia only place I've heard weetabix

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It was just my blog where all my articles and experiences are.
Thank you though I won't do that again as I'm not here to get banned
You're welcome. I didn't want to come off wrong and you think that I was trying to tell you what to do.

I had largely stayed silent in this thread after welcoming you and sharing my story with you, just because others had posted some things about something in the past with you and I have no idea about any of that and didn't want to get involved in that conversation. I try to be positive, help people, and stay away from any negativity.

I'd wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were here for the reasons you said, which were accountability and just supplement conversation; so when I saw you post the blog with the link, that's why I wanted to let you know that wasn't allowed bc I didn't want people to think you really were trying to promote whatever you did in the past or any outside company or whatever.

Nothing negative meant from my end, just sincerely trying to be helpful.

Russianstarr

Awards
You're welcome. I didn't want to come off wrong and you think that I was trying to tell you what to do.

I had largely stayed silent in this thread after welcoming you and sharing my story with you, just because others had posted some things about something in the past with you and I have no idea about any of that and didn't want to get involved in that conversation. I try to be positive, help people, and stay away from any negativity.

I'd wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were here for the reasons you said, which were accountability and just supplement conversation; so when I saw you post the blog with the link, that's why I wanted to let you know that wasn't allowed bc I didn't want people to think you really were trying to promote whatever you did in the past or any outside company or whatever.

Nothing negative meant from my end, just sincerely trying to be helpful.
No negativity taken at all.
By the way does anyone know what happened to Australian made and thundergod and viking?

You are right I'm here to just get back to myself and to give to the forum.
Which is what Il try to do

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No negativity taken at all.
By the way does anyone know what happened to Australian made and thundergod and viking?

You are right I'm here to just get back to myself and to give to the forum.
Which is what Il try to do
Thanks. I just always try to help and sometimes people take me the wrong way, as can easily be done when its hard to see tone.

I'm not familiar with them, so I can't answer for that part. I've been here for many, many years but back when things were much more active, I normally stayed mostly to the supplement section.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks. I just always try to help and sometimes people take me the wrong way, as can easily be done when its hard to see tone.

I'm not familiar with them, so I can't answer for that part. I've been here for many, many years but back when things were much more active, I normally stayed mostly to the supplement section.
I haven't seen those names in well over 5 years, maybe longer. If OP uses the search function he can type in there names and click on there profile.

You will see joined on date And last seen on date. So last seen would tell you if there around still or how long they been inactive

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Many Have left or got banned. I'm not sure of the reasoning but there's now a group still active here. It's a smaller niche now. Not being negative, just pointing out facts. Hairygrampa or similar username was an entertaining one I miss.

I didn't mean to call you out for negative attention but I mean you used the same user so you should have expected someone to notice. Keep up the log, looking forward to more of your info personally.