Unanswered Running out of breath around the house

B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I am noticing that at 200lbs I’m running out of breathe doing regular activities around my house. Walking upstairs, running after the kids, having sex, etc. I feel like I can’t catch my breath. Can’t tell if it’s because I’m a little out of shape or because of thick blood. Oxymeter says I’m bouncing between 94 and 97, haven’t really gonna lower. Anything I should be concerned of?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I am noticing that at 200lbs I’m running out of breathe doing regular activities around my house. Walking upstairs, running after the kids, having sex, etc. I feel like I can’t catch my breath. Can’t tell if it’s because I’m a little out of shape or because of thick blood. Oxymeter says I’m bouncing between 94 and 97, haven’t really gonna lower. Anything I should be concerned of?
It’s steroids and rapid weight gain.
Dude, I literally always get it.
Get labs, RBC/H&H might be getting high. And if you recently put on 10+ lbs and are eating a lot, you will definitely get out of breath all the time. I think I’m gonna die when I walk my stairs at home. It’s sad how bad it gets.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just imagine how guys like Piana and Roelly Winklaar felt all day

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just imagine how guys like Piana and Roelly Winklaar felt all day

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
21. Still took forever and you can’t move around too much or the vein rolls. Tape is helpful.
No way! I know when i donate blood i ALWAYS feel better (I am on TRT) i usually go every 2-3 months and get it done.

If the OP is still getting breathless etc then may be worth going to the doctor and getting referred to donate blood? You will notice the difference within a day

B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Checked to see how thick my blood was, it was just like water. Could hardly get the bleeding to stop! Usually when my blood is getting thicker it’s very sticky, almost like sludge or like a little less thick than the hot fudge you get on ice cream if that makes sense. It’s real dark but again, watery as hell. Wasn’t expecting that.

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I swear I felt better after I did this earlier today:
View attachment 185547
In 4 blood pics
PicsArt_08-08-03.22.09.jpg

😆
Had to use 2 18g needles to drain around 330ml because the damn thing clogged, that is how thick my blood was, hct was 0.52 at the time.

But the problem is, after you figure out how to do this and see it is no big deal, it is easy to overphlebotomize yourself, ie. You see your hct is 0.50 + ok so lets drain some blood.

that is how i ended up with severe iron deficiency and now i feel as if i am drunk and slightly out of breath from time to time. Hematocrit is 0.48 but the damn iron is terribly low.

btw @Brain5ick how long have you been blasting for?
You and me are probably the biggest hypochondriacs of this section.

Last edited:
C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s steroids and rapid weight gain.
I think I’m gonna die when I walk my stairs at home. It’s sad how bad it gets.
And when you think that when other people see us (on the beach for example) they think we are fit...

That skinny guy i saw yesterday who can swim for an hour is fit.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
In 4 blood pics
View attachment 185551

😆
Had to use 2 18g needles to drain around 330ml because the damn thing clogged, that is how thick my blood was, hct was 0.52 at the time.

But the problem is, after you figure out how to do this and see it is no big deal, it is easy to overphlebotomize yourself, ie. You see your hct is 0.50 + ok so lets drain some blood.

that is how i ended up with severe iron deficiency and now i feel as if i am drunk and slightly out of breath from time to time. Hematocrit is 0.48 but the damn iron is terribly low.

The donation centers must be far away in Alaska! Y’all are crazy!! I donate 4 X a year at the hospital down the street from house. Both nurses have big tits and I get free fig newtons and orange juice. 😯

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Maybe look into Coq10 it’s great for cardiovascular health.

B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In 4 blood pics
View attachment 185551

Considering I’ve actually had a heart attack at 23 things just throw red flags for me now. Better to bring your issues up even if all you get is reassurance that you’re fine, stress plays a role too. I haven’t done my own phlebotomy yet, just a Knick test or draw half an ml and see how it reacts to air under certain timing. I’ve been blasting since the beginning of May. Started with test, added Tbol and deca down the line. About to cut honestly because I’m gaining fat on my hips and even worse, my chest. Hate it.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Considering I’ve actually had a heart attack at 23 things just throw red flags for me now. Better to bring your issues up even if all you get is reassurance that you’re fine, stress plays a role too. I haven’t done my own phlebotomy yet, just a Knick test or draw half an ml and see how it reacts to air under certain timing. I’ve been blasting since the beginning of May. Started with test, added Tbol and deca down the line. About to cut honestly because I’m gaining fat on my hips and even worse, my chest. Hate it.
Mine was fully clotted by the time I had 5oz in there. I’m already breathing better. Mine was high end of normal right before a 10 week NPP blast so I’m certain mine was high. Labs next week but I wanted to drain some prior anyways.

S

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dang makes me glad I have scheduled to donate blood tomorrow. Can't tell if this makes me paranoid I'm going to die, or excited that I might feel better after donating tomorrow...

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wait...you had a heart attack?
Damn man did they say why? Were you running gear at the time?

Btw i am the same, everything throws red flags for me. Being down to 100-125mg test per week makes me so much more peaceful in my mind.

@Matthersby if yours was high normal BEFORE 10 weeks of nandrolone, i can assure you it was through the roof after it, like 0.55+ easily

I wrote down my measurements/bloodwork results and on average, 500mg test per week raises my hematocrit at a rate of 0.01/week.

Last edited:
S

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, your not going to feel a damn thing! Only piece of mind..
Lol pretty much! One of the hardest parts IMO about AAS and forums is for the most part you only see things about the extreme ends of the spectrum. People don't like to talk about the normal parts much that's too boring!

I swear Ive never been more paranoid than the first time I did an injection. I was looking up how to do it every 10 mins until I got home, and in the process I found a guys account of being in the ER to have the abscessed drained. Nasty pictures. Im pretty sure I used enough alcohol wipes to disinfect a small village in Africa. Needless to say nothing happened.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Btw i am the same, everything throws red flags for me. Being down to 100-125mg test per week makes me so much more peaceful in my mind.

@Matthersby if yours was high normal BEFORE 10 weeks of nandrolone, i can assure you it was through the roof after it, like 0.55+ easily

I wrote down my measurements/bloodwork results and on average, 500mg test per week raises my hematocrit at a rate of 0.01/week.
Believe it or not, I’ve never been out of range. Crazy, I know. I am certain I am now though..
I pushed it in that department. Only part of my labs I wasn’t thrilled with. But I over hydrate and take aspirin every 4 hours. Gonna drain a little more today and labs Wednesday will help.

B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Yeah, wasn’t running gear. Just too many sticks and no sleep, made my BPM and BP skyrocket.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are the chances of having a stroke or heart attack if you let your hematocrit get high but don't bother to donate blood? Is it especially dangerous if your hematocrit gets high and you do cardio several days per week outside in the humidity and therefore sweat a ton?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What are the chances of having a stroke or heart attack if you let your hematocrit get high but don't bother to donate blood? Is it especially dangerous if your hematocrit gets high and you do cardio several days per week outside in the humidity and therefore sweat a ton?
It would have to be sky high for a while. My Doc didn’t even blink at mine. Said it would need to be way outta range for him to intervene. I think we are overly cautious here, but honestly that’s how we should be as to not give PEDs a bad name.
You could be a few percent out of range for 40 years and not have a clot or stroke. Genetics are a factor, hydration’s a factor, activity level is a factor.
I just don’t like stressing about it so I just take my aspirin and drink a lot of water. I’m definitely due for labs so I’m anxious to see how they look so I can do another drain.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, wasn’t running gear. Just too many sticks and no sleep, made my BPM and BP skyrocket.
Damn man.. Heart attack? Do you get check up's now and again to see if your ticker is keeping up?

I am on TRT and i always get paranoid about heart issues. My family have a running problem with heart trouble and i always have this overcast thought if i am gonna inherit it while also making it worse with increased Test.

I have had a full ECG done and she says everything looks strong but still that background thought remains. I had to stop stims as well for a while. Chest pain was scaring me every time i would take any stim packed pre's.

What do you guys run for health on top of all your cycles? I hear so much conflicting ideas of what to incorporate. Just now i just keep my diet pretty good and make sure i am getting on decent sources of Omega 3 EPA DHA and keeping the Omega 6's down. Keep my cardio decent also. No sure if their are supp's that would help. COQ10 seems popular though?

What use adding in?

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn man.. Heart attack? Do you get check up's now and again to see if your ticker is keeping up?

I am on TRT and i always get paranoid about heart issues. My family have a running problem with heart trouble and i always have this overcast thought if i am gonna inherit it while also making it worse with increased Test.

I have had a full ECG done and she says everything looks strong but still that background thought remains. I had to stop stims as well for a while. Chest pain was scaring me every time i would take any stim packed pre's.

What do you guys run for health on top of all your cycles? I hear so much conflicting ideas of what to incorporate. Just now i just keep my diet pretty good and make sure i am getting on decent sources of Omega 3 EPA DHA and keeping the Omega 6's down. Keep my cardio decent also. No sure if their are supp's that would help. COQ10 seems popular though?

What use adding in?
I see people being paranoid about heart issues on trt. It could be the sign that your subconscious is telling you that you might be using too much.

Really, logically speaking, problem shouldnt arise at all if levels are recreating what a healthy male has, whihc in all seriousness means being in the 400s and 500s towards your next injection (remember, natty test levels might be 600-1000 in the morning but it decreases a lot towards evening.

besides there is lots of evidence which supports that high normal levels of testosterone are beneficial for cardiovascular system.

The only thing that might be an issue imho is increased ldl if you keep eating the same, since it is no longer used as you are no longer using it to produce endogenous steroids. I theorized about the need to lower saturated fat and cholesterol intake while on trt and that is what i am doing.

The problem arises when people think that 200mg of e or cyp(usually 140mg test per week without ester, 20mg per day, no natural male can produce that amount) per week is optimal and that their trpugh of 800-900 is physiological. Yeah, but look at your peak and then take a look at what you are averaging throughout the week.

Free testosterone should be our attention, as it seems that exogenous test binds to shbg a little less than endogenous test. A lot of times you can bee in the physiologic range when it comes to total t but your free t is in the supraphysiologic, i had this happen to me and see it is very often the case with people on trt. And if people complain that they dont feel the benefits unless they are way up when it comes to levels, it may be that their dht is not so good, as injectable test converts to dht less than endogenous and transdermal test and dht is the androgen we feel the most.

And i wont even comment on blast and cruise. Even those guys cruises are often times supraphysiological, 200mg per week and up. They are averaging at a crazy high levels. Plus they are often times adding in other compounds not intended to ever be in a human body and we dont know how those affect us long term. Meant for cows or horses.

True replacement shouldnt create any more problems than normal natural t levels should.

And if you think the unnatural way of having more constant levels of t compared to daily natural fluctuations is what is causing problems, then gels are always an option. However, i love the convenience of once every 5 or 7 days injections, wouldnt mind doing it for the rest of my life at all if i had to (i might have to, who knows how well i will recover, but i dont stress about it). Having good test levels even while being stressed out, lacking sleep, training hard is a bonus that comes with exogenous test. Plus you keep your test levels normal while being lean, something i have always suffered from, crashed test levels while dieting on low fat. Now i can be optimal all the time. Optimal, not high.

Last edited:
B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Brain5ick glad you’re okay honestly dude, 24 years old that’s crazy young.. stay healthy bro!
Thanks man, yeah a lot of lifestyle changes since then.

What use adding in?
Just take care of yourself and you should be ok. I was pretty much up for 4 days straight, working like crazy, surviving off of anger and caffeine haha. Made a stupid decision knowing it wasn’t a good idea to mix a bunch of stims and then I realized while lifting that I was freezing cold, my left arm was weak, chest was cramping and it was chest day so I didn’t pay much mind. Got on the hammer strength plate loaded decline bench and at the top of my rep my left arm just gave out and it felt like someone kicked me in the chest and neck. My heart was going so damn fast that EMT had to give me benzos and sedatives to slow it down and something else to drop my BP. I was at 289 beats per minute and blacked out. Scary as hell, wasn’t even on TRT then. I just stressed my body out to the point where it couldn’t keep up.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

What use adding in?
3-4g Omega 3s from Krill or quality fish oil

2-3tbsp Ground flaxseed in your shakes or oats (lowers LDL)

200mg Ubiquinol

1,000mg+ curcumin w/ a black pepper extract for absorption

180mcg Vitamin K2

5-10,000iu D3

1,000mg Citrus Bergamot (raises HDL)

1-200mg 7-Keto DHEA (non-suppressive if anyone is wondering, raises HDL)

4-800mg Grape Seed Extract

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3-4g Omega 3s from Krill or quality fish oil

2-3tbsp Ground flaxseed in your shakes or oats (lowers LDL)

200mg Ubiquinol

1,000mg+ curcumin w/ a black pepper extract for absorption

180mcg Vitamin K2

5-10,000iu D3

1,000mg Citrus Bergamot (raises HDL)

1-200mg 7-Keto DHEA (non-suppressive if anyone is wondering, raises HDL)

4-800mg Grape Seed Extract
Would also add in

-acetyl l-carnitine (helps cardio tissue regenerate) @ 1g/1,000mg 3x/d
-hawthorne berry (blood pressure and overall cardio)
-tart cherry/cranberry extract
-celery seed
-olive leaf extract
-vit e 300iu 1-3x/wk (lasts a long time and you dont want levels getting too high. If on a npp/deca blast then ed but otherwise...)
-b complex (b vitamins play a crucial role in too many function to list and cardio is def part of it)
-apple cider vinegar (caps or liquid)

Orange triad w greens + "ADAM" by now foods pretty much covers everything all of us "over-do-it" guys could use/need so that's what I'm doing from now on to keep the 20 bottles off my nightstand and down to 7 or 8.

And I'm sure someone else will chime in with others. Hope this helps.

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks man, yeah a lot of lifestyle changes since then.

Just take care of yourself and you should be ok. I was pretty much up for 4 days straight, working like crazy, surviving off of anger and caffeine haha. Made a stupid decision knowing it wasn’t a good idea to mix a bunch of stims and then I realized while lifting that I was freezing cold, my left arm was weak, chest was cramping and it was chest day so I didn’t pay much mind. Got on the hammer strength plate loaded decline bench and at the top of my rep my left arm just gave out and it felt like someone kicked me in the chest and neck. My heart was going so damn fast that EMT had to give me benzos and sedatives to slow it down and something else to drop my BP. I was at 289 beats per minute and blacked out. Scary as hell, wasn’t even on TRT then. I just stressed my body out to the point where it couldn’t keep up.
Jesus Christ 289 bpm
That is why avoid stims completely except for occassional cup of green tea and even that gives me some anxiety.

i am naturally hyperactive and since i have started exogenous test (even when on just 125mg per week like now) i can get myself hyped up 100% by just listening to some tunes i like or just by thinking about stuff that excite me, like crazy hyped up, wanna jump off cliffs into the sea hyped up, absolutely no stims needed.
Night and day compared to previously.

The only other 2 times i felt this alpha (feeling like i can do anything, it is only up to me to set limits etc.) in the last few years was during my clomid + 6 bromo run last year and when this one really hot black girl sat beside me and started talking to me. Srs.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Would also add in

-acetyl l-carnitine (helps cardio tissue regenerate) @ 1g/1,000mg 3x/d
-hawthorne berry (blood pressure and overall cardio)
-tart cherry/cranberry extract
-celery seed
-olive leaf extract
-vit e 300iu 1-3x/wk (lasts a long time and you dont want levels getting too high. If on a npp/deca blast then ed but otherwise...)
-b complex (b vitamins play a crucial role in too many function to list and cardio is def part of it)
-apple cider vinegar (caps or liquid)

Orange triad w greens + "ADAM" by now foods pretty much covers everything all of us "over-do-it" guys could use/need so that's what I'm doing from now on to keep the 20 bottles off my nightstand and down to 7 or 8.

And I'm sure someone else will chime in with others. Hope this helps.
I also take tart cherry every training session (Green Might creatine), as well as use vitamin e and Orange Tria. Good stuff.

If someone needs a temporary blood pressure reduction, say running a harsh oral or 6wks of tren for example, Carditone really can lower bp noticeably. It’s a bandaid and I wouldn’t recommend anyone avoiding doctor evaluation if you have an ongoing issue, but it can be a useful tool if otherwise normally healthy.

And anyone with kidney issues needs to look into high-dosed Astragalus.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I also take tart cherry every training session (Green Might creatine), as well as use vitamin e and Orange Tria. Good stuff.

If someone needs a temporary blood pressure reduction, say running a harsh oral or 6wks of tren for example, Carditone really can lower bp noticeably. It’s a bandaid and I wouldn’t recommend anyone avoiding doctor evaluation if you have an ongoing issue, but it can be a useful tool if otherwise normally healthy.

And anyone with kidney issues needs to look into high-dosed Astragalus.
Oh absolutely. I think it’s just a useful tool if you’re competing and need to get to the next blast in a healthy manner. Nothing worse than taking 8-12 weeks off and get labs done to jump back on and your HDL/LDL are ****. But everything else is on point. Because I’ll be honest, I’ll probably get back on telling myself “it’s just this once, I’ve got a big goal I won’t have next year this time.”

J

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Besides testosterone, can orals also cause hematocrit to go high?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nandrolones and EQ are bad.
Dbol and Tbol I believe do. Orals aren’t going to be ran long enough to raise it significantly

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interesting thread

I’ll throw red yeast extract into the mix for cardio health.

I must admit I need to start donating. Commented on another thread a month back that my cardio performance nose dived this cycle (I rum 5k most mornings) amd I believe that was the cause, it’s coming back over last few weeks as I’m into pct......but yeah better safe than sorry for sure. Plus you get to act like a Good Samaritan whilst off setting some of the sides from your aas use....winning

B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do fish oil every morning with half a dose of animal pak, garlic and grape seed extract, aspirin 81mg, potassium, etc. I take the purus labs organ shield every night too. Honestly feeling odd tonight, slight chest pains. I think my body is telling me I need to go ahead and jump off the gear. It’s been 3 months anyways, I need to stop being greedy just because I have 1 1/2 weeks of deca left.

J

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If it were me and I had a heart attack in the past I would discontinue all gear permanently, especially if I had one in my early twenties.

B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If it were me and I had a heart attack in the past I would discontinue all gear permanently, especially if I had one I’m my early twenties.
Well I have to be on TRT so live fast, eat trash, cruise and blast my man.

B

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also realizing my shortness of breath started around the same time I started 10mg Cialis daily. I wonder if that could be causing it? My HCT on July 29th was 47 and HGB was 15.1. RBC was around 5.70 but I just don’t see my blood getting thick that quick from these numbers. I cut my leg the other day and bled through my gauze pad and pants for several hours which kinda threw me off tbh. Wasn’t expecting that. All that aside, my BP isn’t high, I’m not getting constant headaches, nothing like that. Very frustrating. I can go off the Cialis for a day and see how I feel but man I like it lol. I noticed when I go to lift after taking it along with my pre workout I tend to get tired unless I keep my heart rate up, haven’t figured out that mystery yet either. My BP is naturally low at around 110/55 constantly so I’m wondering if all these issues I’m getting could be from low BP from the Cialis.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also realizing my shortness of breath started around the same time I started 10mg Cialis daily. I wonder if that could be causing it? My HCT on July 29th was 47 and HGB was 15.1. RBC was around 5.70 but I just don’t see my blood getting thick that quick from these numbers. I cut my leg the other day and bled through my gauze pad and pants for several hours which kinda threw me off tbh. Wasn’t expecting that. All that aside, my BP isn’t high, I’m not getting constant headaches, nothing like that. Very frustrating. I can go off the Cialis for a day and see how I feel but man I like it lol. I noticed when I go to lift after taking it along with my pre workout I tend to get tired unless I keep my heart rate up, haven’t figured out that mystery yet either. My BP is naturally low at around 110/55 constantly so I’m wondering if all these issues I’m getting could be from low BP from the Cialis.
That could actually be it. Do you get dizzy when standing up quickly too?

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Besides testosterone, can orals also cause hematocrit to go high?
Could be low blood pressure. When i started caber i was getting dizzy and was short of breath. Blood pressure was 100-110/55. Maybe even a bit lower at times.

ok so now i see you have lowish blood pressure. Cialis is probably lowering it a bit more..

Btw cialis doenst do anything for me. Waste of money. Only sides, redness in the face and gas.

i am also paranoid about my hematocrit but it was 0.478 last week on my last check up. Also started eating grapefruit every day, we will see if it helps any.

Oh, and i am similar when it comes to rbc count. 5.67 for me. Top of the range, while hematocrit is in the middle. I asked a couple of times if we have to worry about rbc count but people say hematocrit is the best indicator of whole blood viscosity (portion of our blood comprised of blood cells).

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
High Hcrit is one factor for sure, but some of the "top" TRT docs concur that by itself its not necessarily a risk factor that poses concern; rather, high hcrit *plus* high platelet count is where action needs to be taken.

So if you want to be concerned or paranoid, dont ignore platelets.

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
High Hcrit is one factor for sure, but some of the "top" TRT docs concur that by itself its not necessarily a risk factor that poses concern; rather, high hcrit *plus* high platelet count is where action needs to be taken.

They are always on the lower end for me.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Very true. Clot factors rise a lot.

Reactions: Nac