Running Cycles with TRT

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
I’m have been doing TRT for the past 6 months and was wondering if the same “rules” apply to running cycles during. By that I mean should the wait time between cycles still be the same as if I was not on TRT?

I finished a 16 week cycle of Deca in the middle of March. How long before I could start another cycle such as Tren while still on TRT? I’m not sure that I will. Just trying to get some info on this as I’ve not seen much out there on this specific topic. Thanks.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Depends on goals and how much you value longevity. I mean if you are actively competing in bodybuilding or strength sport aggressively most guys are on most of the time besides small clean out breaks of 4-10 weeks here or there, and those are kinda multiyear campaigns of competition. But they have an expiration date. You can’t burn things at both ends and expect health to hold up. If you are looking longer term, time off=time on is never a bad plan.

It also depends what you take. If you are running 2-400mg test and a bunch of primo you can probably stay on as long as you can afford it lol. If using orals or things like Tren that’s going to be a bad plan. Your bloodwork will tell you; if you are seeing things decline you have your answer.

If you are spending more than half the year on blast, your blasts better be very safe and mild if you want to do it for a very long time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^That’s just my opinion to a very general question.

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
^That’s just my opinion to a very general question.
If I decide to do another cycle, I plan on this being the last one. I usually stay on the time on = time off rule but was just wondering how cycles work with TRT. Thanks man.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Depends on goals and how much you value longevity. I mean if you are actively competing in bodybuilding or strength sport aggressively most guys are on most of the time besides small clean out breaks of 4-10 weeks here or there, and those are kinda multiyear campaigns of competition. But they have an expiration date. You can’t burn things at both ends and expect health to hold up. If you are looking longer term, time off=time on is never a bad plan.

It also depends what you take. If you are running 2-400mg test and a bunch of primo you can probably stay on as long as you can afford it lol. If using orals or things like Tren that’s going to be a bad plan. Your bloodwork will tell you; if you are seeing things decline you have your answer.

If you are spending more than half the year on blast, your blasts better be very safe and mild if you want to do it for a very long time.
this is a good answer OP.

I do one 4 month bulk and one 2 month cut a year with 3 months off inbetween (cruising on a trt dose)

but I get regular bloods on and off a blast to check where stuff is at and try to balance my lifting goals with general health.

individual response is massive here as well. Like anything, some people can just get away with more and others can’t. We all know the alcoholic who’s hammered it for 20 years and has perfect liver tests compared to the guy who binges a few times a week and after a year is fucked,

bloodwork is so important imo