Unanswered Running clomid or nolva for libido?

MuscleTechnician

Awards
I have a low libido with all blood work in normal ranges, including my test more towards the high side. Estrogen is on the low normal. So it's perfect. Not on cycle and havent in 8 months.

Will taking clomid or nolva for 1-3 weeks perhaps aid in libido. I just dont have the drive to have sex like i have no sensitivity going on and my climax is weak and doesnt feel so great.
I'm currently taking tongkat, maca and trib with no aid.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Having estrogen on the low end is not perfect at all for libido and could be the reason of your average sex drive. How low is it? A guy a couple weeks ago had the same problem his E Was at 11, as soon as he upped it in the 20-30 range his libido was fixed. There could be tons of other reason though.

theshexmix

Awards
I would try it, im 24 but due to being on suboxone my testosterone was extrmely low and i wasnt getting morning woods for years although i was still able to perform (though nowhere near when i was 18) and my orgasms wernt great. I took 50mgs of clomid/20mgs of nolva for 2 weeks and started getting my testes back and getting morning woods again, so it could be a million different things,but its quite possible that would work for you.
If youve been jerkin it too much that can do it. My good friend tried everything and it turned out his issue was just fapping too much and he lost all his sensitivity. Estrogen is still very vital as well, when i was in High School i ruined an amazing sexual experience with 2 girls becus i was on a strong AI and crashed my E, i could still get an erection but i felt almost nothing down there haha.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wouldnt take serms by myself outside pct. Clomid has destroyed my libido and i do not feel good, even at 500 ng/dl total test.

Nolva is also hazardous, not recommended to those prone to forming clots.
All in all, not the healthiest of drugs.

Also, they increase shbg and lower free test, the one that matters.

personally, i would look into e2 levels and IF AND ONLY IF Athey are on the higher side you might get some benefits out of low dose aromasin or formestane, or even 6 bromo (i do not recommended adex or letro as they are harsher on lipids) by getting your e2 into low 20s or sth like that (pg/ml).

If e2 is already low-normal, there is not much you can do. Lifestyle, diet, more sleep and less stress, maybe try some natural libido supplements.

Libido is definitely not co pletely tied to total test number. It is way more complex than that. I can be on 500mg test and have no libido.

Take a look at the prolactin. Imho it is way stronger in decimating libido than high e2.

also, cortisol. If it is high, it is pushing testosterone down. Lowering it will have favourable effect on your testosterone.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No. No. Horrible idea. Also most people don’t get estrogen levels very well. If your E is let’s say between 11 or 17 and you think it’s good because it’s in the low end of the range you could very well be wrong. Most people’s libido is affected when libido is low but still in range. In range does not mean optimal. Mind showing bloods?
That is why i said if it is on the higher side.

Getting my e2 to 25-30 from 40s and above derinitely helps libido, and helps me look more vascular.

OP do not mess with your E2 without doing bloodwork.

i had naturally higher e2 and lowering it a bit had favorable effects not only on my libido but also on my facial aesthetics.

But do not proceed without bloodwork.

and yes, i generally have less libido if e2 gets under 20.

Also, it is about T:e2 ratio. At 400 total test and 30 e2 i had no libido and felt like crying in the evenings. At 800 total test and 30 e2 i feel good.

Edit: now i think i maybe shouldnt have mentioned the e2 thing. Dialing e2 is tricky, even for us who did bloodwork once a week lol (it is very cheap over here).

I had troubles losing fat from my thighs and hips, after i added 6 bromo i started losing fat from these areas.

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yup bro I keep telling the new guys that are scared of estrogen but 10-20 is not the good spot for most people, libido, look and mood is better a bit higher than that

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yup bro I keep telling the new guys that are scared of estrogen but 10-20 is not the good spot for most people, libido, look and mood is better a bit higher than that
That is about right. 20-30.

but i know of trt docs who want to keep clients at 15-20. Maybe it does depend on the person, i myself wouldnt feel good with e2 under 20.

also, if you are trying to add mass, the LAST thing you want is crashed/low e2.