Running a statin with gear for improved lipid profiles?

Thejoggernot

Awards
First thread on AM forums. So I did a search on this, both forums and google and did not get nearly as much content as I thought.

The question, has anyone used or heard of anyone using a statin (simvastatin, atorvastatin etc.) With a cycle to prevent your lipids from being trashed during? These drugs are cheap and easily available. If not, you can expect me to conduct a study I NC the next year or so and post results here. I just wanted to see what the board thought :)

Thanks for reading!

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its not going to hurt you for your lipids to be bad for a month or 2. As long as they bounce back. Also there is much debate about why lipids get trashed during a cycle. Many are starting to think its necessary to have the anabolic effect. Might explain why SARMS wreck lipids as well. It also makes sense because a statin can lower your hormones. A statin is going to hinder gains in my opinion.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id agree, if youre cycling and generally following good cycle practices (time on, time off) then I wouldnt be too concerned. If youre blast/cruising, different story.

Id still do as much as possible to keep CV system healthy, though, ie appropriate diet and supplements. Hell Id do this if I wasnt touching any PEDs at all.

Thejoggernot

Awards
Id agree, if youre cycling and generally following good cycle practices (time on, time off) then I wouldnt be too concerned. If youre blast/cruising, different story.

Id still do as much as possible to keep CV system healthy, though, ie appropriate diet and supplements. Hell Id do this if I wasnt touching any PEDs at all.
I'm not sure if the physiology works this way, but even cycling on and off for a few years would add up very quickly.

I like your point about blast and cruise, that is great.

I know a lot of bodybuilders tend to have more fats and cholesterol in their diets, especially when bulking (or keto to cut) so CV friendly diet might not always be as easy to maintan.

I am not a fan of long term polypharmacy, but I like discussion on ways of making cycling safer. Thanks for the insights.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not sure if the physiology works this way, but even cycling on and off for a few years would add up very quickly.

I like your point about blast and cruise, that is great.

I know a lot of bodybuilders tend to have more fats and cholesterol in their diets, especially when bulking (or keto to cut) so CV friendly diet might not always be as easy to maintan.

I am not a fan of long term polypharmacy, but I like discussion on ways of making cycling safer. Thanks for the insights.
Ah ok I shouldve been clearer, with diet I was meaning eating foods which are favourable to blood pressure and arterial health (celery, garlic, oats, etc, supplementing vit k2, d3, nattokinase, etc); Id make that the top priority rather than trying to strictly adhere to a "lipid friendly" fat/cholesterol intake 100% of the time. The latter will tend to follow on from the former to a certain degree anyway, though.

Thejoggernot

Awards
Ah ok I shouldve been clearer, with diet I was meaning eating foods which are favourable to blood pressure and arterial health (celery, garlic, oats, etc, supplementing vit k2, d3, nattokinase, etc); Id make that the top priority rather than trying to strictly adhere to a "lipid friendly" fat/cholesterol intake 100% of the time. The latter will tend to follow on from the former to a certain degree anyway, though.
Ahh yes! Thanks for clarifying. Agree wholeheartedly (pun intended).

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
also depends what your running.. statins tend to increase liver enzymes and decrease CoQ10 levels. So running a statin + orals may be a bad idea for ur liver..

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How about in PCT? Maybe not the whole time but the first week or two in PCT to speed it up?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldnt go near statins unless i had to. Some of the harshest drugs with the most side effects

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Diet and Cardarine would be so much better for this.

Except the whole dying a shitty death from cancer like the rats that ate Cardarine did...

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Diet and Cardarine would be so much better for this.

Except the whole dying a shitty death from cancer like the rats that ate Cardarine did...
Have you looked into Meldonium? It’s a Russian heart medication that supposedly helps with cardio, some Russian athletes have been caught using it during competition. I wonder if it has the same effect on lipids..?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never had a problem with statins. I currently use artisovan

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you looked into Meldonium? It’s a Russian heart medication that supposedly helps with cardio, some Russian athletes have been caught using it during competition. I wonder if it has the same effect on lipids..?
I’ve heard that name never once looked it up. Cardarine impressed me so damn much I’m willing to use it even with the minimal risks. A lot of the additional studies showed no risk to humans but nothing ever ran a full course. Impressive drug to say the least.

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Most statins increase liver enzymes keep an eye on that

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Statins are a huge money grab. 90% of the people on them shouldnt be