Rule 1 Protein

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
After doing some reading I’ve decided R1 is going to remain my go-to for whey. I’ve currently been using their whey blend cookies n cream flavor. It’s good but a bit too sweet for my taste. Has anyone used any of the other flavors?

Mainly looking at chocolate or vanilla. Amazon reviews range from great to gross for both flavors so just looking for some trusted feedback from my fellow AMers

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can’t help with the chocolate or vanilla flavors, but their lightly salted caramel and their strawberries and cream are very good. They are a tad sweet but I just add a bit of extra milk or water to dilute it some.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Birthday cake — artificially sweet
Fudge brownie —very good similar to iso100
Choc Pb - needs more Pb, choc dominating
Cookies and cream - lacks the sweet cream flavor from a good C and C, cookies aspect is decent
Cafe mocha - not strong enough for coffee lovers
Banana - too light in flavor
Salted caramel - needs a denser caramel tone
Strawberry and cream - not bad but flavor is too subtle for my liking
Fruity cereal - tastes like fruit loops but lacks the density to truly stand out to other brands
Toasted cinnamon - decent flavor, but the cinnamon and sugar aspects needs to be upgraded

they are a cost effective option, but the flavoring could be better.

if money is tight a good option, but there are better tasting brands just depends on what you are willing to spend as that is subjective and personal preference.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can’t help with the chocolate or vanilla flavors, but their lightly salted caramel and their strawberries and cream are very good. They are a tad sweet but I just add a bit of extra milk or water to dilute it some.
Yeah, the salted caramel and frozen banana are my favorite.

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
The frozen banana (whey blend) is very good. The chocolate and vanilla flavors I tried were nothing special. I don't remember if they were the whey blend or the isolate.

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Birthday cake — artificially sweet
Fudge brownie —very good similar to iso100
Choc Pb - needs more Pb, choc dominating
Cookies and cream - lacks the sweet cream flavor from a good C and C, cookies aspect is decent
Cafe mocha - not strong enough for coffee lovers
Banana - too light in flavor
Salted caramel - needs a denser caramel tone
Strawberry and cream - not bad but flavor is too subtle for my liking
Fruity cereal - tastes like fruit loops but lacks the density to truly stand out to other brands
Toasted cinnamon - decent flavor, but the cinnamon and sugar aspects needs to be upgraded

they are a cost effective option, but the flavoring could be better.

if money is tight a good option, but there are better tasting brands just depends on what you are willing to spend as that is subjective and personal preference.
Not really about funds. Just a straight up product from people I trust (former ON guy). More so just looking for a better flavor lol. Thank you for your flavor break down though.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, the salted caramel and frozen banana are my favorite.
Good to know. The flavors I had were meh. I think it was birthday cake and fruity cereal.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not really about funds. Just a straight up product from people I trust (former ON guy). More so just looking for a better flavor lol. Thank you for your flavor break down though.
There are plenty of brands you can trust that are 3rd party verified and have product tests to back what is in their product
Ghost
PES
Morphogen
MTS
MuscleSport
Dymatize
Nutrabio
Axe & Sledge
Cellucor
Xtend

These are just some examples. My point is why would you limit yourself to buying protein from one specific brand where there are so many great flavors and options available for you to try? I would suggest trying multiple brands, and picking flavors based off your preference instead of just singling into one company and their products.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If your just looking for van and choc then Animal Whey does a very good van and depending
on what type of choc you like XTEND Lava Cake is deep dark choc which I like and Cellucor
Choc Molten is VERY good also Animal Choc is good.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really like the Rule 1 lightly salted caramel and fruity cereal flavors. Their vanilla is good too but I mainly use that one when mixing it with other things (veggies, fruits, etc) that influence the taste.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have Rule 1 Chocolate Fudge. Tastes fantastic. It's thick chocolate too. I guess the taste can get old if used all the time but it mixes well and tastes yummy.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Van Cream Isolate is very mild but I like it.
Van blend is pretty standard, I like it.
Salted Carmel Love it.
Cookies and cream, decent.
Mocha, decent.
Fruit cereal I did not care for.

All my protein is consumed in oats or sludge. After 22 years I am pretty much done drinking shakes and I like to eat.

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Van Cream Isolate is very mild but I like it.
Van blend is pretty standard, I like it.
Salted Carmel Love it.
Cookies and cream, decent.
Mocha, decent.
Fruit cereal I did not care for.

All my protein is consumed in oats or sludge. After 22 years I am pretty much done drinking shakes and I like to eat.
Thanks, you may be the straw that broke this camel’s back. Lol. Almost all reviews and a lot of AMers saying the salted caramel is the way to go so I think I may give that a go. Just sounded a bit too sweet for me but I guess we shall see.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, you may be the straw that broke this camel’s back. Lol. Almost all reviews and a lot of AMers saying the salted caramel is the way to go so I think I may give that a go. Just sounded a bit too sweet for me but I guess we shall see.
As I said I mix my protein in oats 95% of the time. 2 cups oats(dry) 2 heaping scoops protein, 1tbsp glycerine and as little water as possible as I HATE soupy oats. I also soak mine before cooking for a minimum of at least a couple hours and they digest so much smoother. I CANNOT vouch for it as a shake, it could be terrible lol.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Chocolate is extremely tasty. Vanilla is slightly mild but I liked it a good deal