Rousey VS Cyborg

av6258

av6258

Awards
It's wack that cyborg left zuffa cause now it will never happen. These are the only two women the world wants to see fight. I know there is a 10lb difference but they could have fought at a catch weight and called it a day.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It's wack that cyborg left zuffa cause now it will never happen. These are the only two women the world wants to see fight. I know there is a 10lb difference but they could have fought at a catch weight and called it a day.
They could of, Dana said It made no sense and Rhonda said she isn't catering to cyborg. She has every right to say if cyborg wants to fight she needs to make weight. Basically i have no problem with it.

av6258

av6258

Awards
Dana white gets his panties in a twist whenever something isnt exactly how he wants. Look at the **** he says about coture. It is much different for a woman to drop 10lbs than a man. Rousey could come up 5 and cyborg down 5. Boom.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Dana white gets his panties in a twist whenever something isnt exactly how he wants. Look at the **** he says about coture. It is much different for a woman to drop 10lbs than a man. Rousey could come up 5 and cyborg down 5. Boom.
And like I said rousey said she doesn't have to that its up to cyborg to make weight, so no boom. As far as white zuffa doesn't seem to have a problem with him running things and couture I'm sure is no angel either.

Then again maybe your right, cyborg will probably die if she trys to make it 135....

Zuffa has everything to lose to do the fight at a catch weight, it's called business.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I'm a Rousey fan, but it seems fairly obvious she doesn't want that fight. She wants Cyborg to cut the weight so she'll be weaker that is her strategy I think. Cyborg is already ripped at her weight, she can't make 135. Besides Dana knows that Rousey as the face of women's MMA is good business for the UFC. Would people follow MMA with Cyborg as the face of women's MMA?Probably not, though I do think she is the better fighter.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm a Rousey fan, but it seems fairly obvious she doesn't want that fight. She wants Cyborg to cut the weight so she'll be weaker that is her strategy I think. Cyborg is already ripped at her weight, she can't make 135. Besides Dana knows that Rousey as the face of women's MMA is good business for the UFC. Would people follow MMA with Cyborg as the face of women's MMA?Probably not, though I do think she is the better fighter.
Right, cyborg will die cutting to 135. Bullsh1t!

Of course she wants cyborg to cut the weight because she will be weaker that's the point to weight classes.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Are we under the assumption Cyborg is natural ? She doesn't look it and her husband is a notorious cheat .

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Conversely, gaining 10# could make Rousey slower & less agile, making her vulnerable as well.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
Catch weight/superfight..eventually there will be other weight divisions and other champions..champion vs champion..Ronda's the only recognized champion in the UFC the "UFC women's champ", so she can call the shots..like I said I love Ronda but she does not want that Cyborg fight. Cyborg just came off a year suspension to make that last fight for steroids..Also, Dana White has vested interest in keeping Ronda as the visible "women's champion," he gets more sales, akin to Brock Lesnar.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Catch weight/superfight..eventually there will be other weight divisions and other champions..champion vs champion..Ronda's the only recognized champion in the UFC the "UFC women's champ", so she can call the shots..like I said I love Ronda but she does not want that Cyborg fight. Cyborg just came off a year suspension to make that last fight for steroids..Also, Dana White has vested interest in keeping Ronda as the visible "women's champion," he gets more sales, akin to Brock Lesnar.
I dont believe she just doesnt want the fight! She wants on her term. Which are fair

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont believe she just doesnt want the fight! She wants on her term. Which are fair
I agree. I wouldn't want to make a huge compromise (in this case gaining 10#, or fighting a heavy competitor) to "prove" I want a fight, which is what I believe people are putting on here.

I think it's an unreasonable expectation that she should have to move to be queen bitch; she's dominating in a weight class that works for her. If anyone wants a piece of it, they need to come to her.

gopro2013

Awards
You are absolutely right, but someone else will come along and make for a good fight. Besides these types of fights are not really as exciting as the other top fights.

Goldie612

Goldie612

Awards
Ronda would shut lady Cyborg down there is no female fighter with judo and jujitsu skills like her and she's stronger than she looks

cutz

cutz

Banned
Awards
I just watched cyborg get her ass handed to. It was her third kickboxing match against someone who had over fifty or sixty fights. Call that bad managing? I know now that Ronda will win. I don't like either fighter. One is a cheater and the other belongs in a mental Facility. I'm just saying

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
You can't compare a kick boxing match to MMA . Cyborg would have taken her down and smashed her.

cutz

cutz

Banned
Awards
You can't compare a kick boxing match to MMA . Cyborg would have taken her down and smashed her.
I never compared the two. All I was saying is I used to think cyborg wasn't human and now I know she is. Ronda would in my opinion win not by arm bar but tko

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I agree but standing with
Cyborg wouldn't be smart. Meisha Tate lit her up a bit she just wasn't strong enough to hurt her. Plus she tried to grapple and that's suicide vs Rousey.

cutz

cutz

Banned
Awards
I agree but standing with Cyborg wouldn't be smart. Meisha Tate lit her up a bit she just wasn't strong enough to hurt her. Plus she tried to grapple and that's suicide vs Rousey.
It's a fight though your gonna get tagged! There were some good exchanges. Don't get me wrong I was rooting for Tate. Once it hit the Mat it was all over.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
Rousey is curently the best in her weight class cyborg doesnt have a chance in that class

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Are you trying to say cyborg is better than rousey on the ground? Lmao
Edit: oh I noticed you where talking about another fighter, not rousey. Haha Sorry

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Cyborg would be stepping down in weight. She would be the bigger fighter
the cut is to much for her. So if she where to do it, She would be the weaker fighter.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Are we under the assumption Cyborg is natural ? She doesn't look it and her husband is a notorious cheat .
She's tested positive for steroids in the past.

cutz

cutz

Banned
Awards
the cut is to much for her. So if she where to do it, She would be the weaker fighter.
She is currently starting to do it now. She is hoping she can fight at that class healthy. I really don't care for her. She's a cheater in my opinion!

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
She is currently starting to do it now. She is hoping she can fight at that class healthy. I really don't care for her. She's a cheater in my opinion!
Idk, most pro athletes have at least USED steroids at one point or another. I'm sure shed get wasted by rousey in any weight class!

cutz

cutz

Banned
Awards
Idk, most pro athletes have at least USED steroids at one point or another. I'm sure shed get wasted by rousey in any weight class!
Otm yes but standing I don't think so. She is doing pro kick boxing matches now too. She has better stand up. Like I said I do t care for her. It's mma so the fight could go anywhere

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Otm yes but standing I don't think so. She is doing pro kick boxing matches now too. She has better stand up. Like I said I do t care for her. It's mma so the fight could go anywhere
Rousey always gets the takedown if she wants it, and she would want it in this fight. A chick on steroids can't stop a judo Olympian from doin her thing, once it hit the ground cyborg would be done. Because strength doesn't matter very much on the ground, believe me. I do bjj (started in striking) and its sooo different. My strength means very little and I get beat by weaker guys who are just better than me. It's funny how fighting works. It can indeed go anywhere.

cutz

cutz

Banned
Awards
I've trained for six years back when it was called NHb. I got out of it because of mrsa. That said te fight has some much hype. I don't see it exceeding expectations.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
Cyborg would be stepping down in weight. She would be the bigger fighter
Yea thats what i mean, if cyborg dropped weight to the next class down, she would lose her edge "brut strength"

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
Rousey always gets the takedown if she wants it, and she would want it in this fight. A chick on steroids can't stop a judo Olympian from doin her thing, once it hit the ground cyborg would be done. Because strength doesn't matter very much on the ground, believe me. I do bjj (started in striking) and its sooo different. My strength means very little and I get beat by weaker guys who are just better than me. It's funny how fighting works. It can indeed go anywhere.
indeed, rousey has much more technic, i have trained bjj, its about pulling off your move, once shes got u locked in that armbar i dont care if you can bench 500 your about to tapp !

Last edited:
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cyborg knows how to implement her strength advantage as well. Has everyone forgotten about her success in ADCC in addition to MMA and kickboxing?

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Cyborg knows how to implement her strength advantage as well. Has everyone forgotten about her success in ADCC in addition to MMA and kickboxing?
Man, any professional fighter knows how to implement their strength. Rousey may be smaller but she is NOT weak. Cyborg looks big but after the cut she would look like hell (she already does lol) and her strength would be horrible, I have made big cuts before and I know the feeling. I also know how to implement my strength and its a very small portion of the fight. As said above a 500 pound bench isn't going to get you out of rouseys armbar. She might try to muscle through rousey...and that's when you hear a SNAP. ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, any professional fighter knows how to implement their strength. Rousey may be smaller but she is NOT weak. Cyborg looks big but after the cut she would look like hell (she already does lol) and her strength would be horrible, I have made big cuts before and I know the feeling. I also know how to implement my strength and its a very small portion of the fight. As said above a 500 pound bench isn't going to get you out of rouseys armbar. She might try to muscle through rousey...and that's when you hear a SNAP. ;)
Um, when the clinch is the topic at hand, strength plays a huge part in it. Again, Cyborg is not just a striker; she's a brown belt under Andre Galvao (multiple time ADCC champion) and has medaled in ADCC. To act as though Ronda will be able to automatically armbar Cyborg if it hits the mat is foolish. She had a hell of a time with Meisha, who isn't nearly as accomplished on the ground as Cyborg.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Um, when the clinch is the topic at hand, strength plays a huge part in it. Again, Cyborg is not just a striker; she's a brown belt under Andre Galvao (multiple time ADCC champion) and has medaled in ADCC. To act as though Ronda will be able to automatically armbar Cyborg if it hits the mat is foolish. She had a hell of a time with Meisha, who isn't nearly as accomplished on the ground as Cyborg.
And both of them are strong. But actually if you've ever been in the clinch is a lot of technique and timing. Also guess what shines from clinch, JUDO. That's funny, because Ronda just happens to be an Olympic bronze medalist in judo! How convenient!
She had a hell of a time with meisha? Where we watching different fights? Lmao she BROKE her arm in the first round lol and the second fight, what did she do? She armbarred her again! So "a hell of a time" doesn't describe it accurately. Yes fights are hard, and you will get hit, but it was obviously one sided both fights.
Anything can happen in a fight, but cyborg medaled in adcc? That cute. Ronda medaled in the Olympics for her ground game.
Cyborg is good, but it is by NO means foolish to make an EDUCATED guess that Ronda would win.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And both of them are strong. But actually if you've ever been in the clinch is a lot of technique and timing. Also guess what shines from clinch, JUDO. That's funny, because Ronda just happens to be an Olympic bronze medalist in judo! How convenient! She had a hell of a time with meisha? Where we watching different fights? Lmao she BROKE her arm in the first round lol and the second fight, what did she do? She armbarred her again! So "a hell of a time" doesn't describe it accurately. Yes fights are hard, and you will get hit, but it was obviously one sided both fights. Anything can happen in a fight, but cyborg medaled in adcc? That cute. Ronda medaled in the Olympics for her ground game. Cyborg is good, but it is by NO means foolish to make an EDUCATED guess that Ronda would win.
That's cute considering I've fought professionally and competed in grappling tournaments. I'm well aware of what goes on in the clinch and how body type and strength changes the game. Yes, Ronda has a medal as does Cyborg. The difference is the gi and strikes. Ronda fights with far too much emotion and gets sloppy as a result. She did have a hell of a time with Meisha the second time as she escaped multiple attempts and was the first to get Ronda beyond the first round. Truth be told, Meisha had a terrible gameplan and kept shooting sloppy doubles that were countered over and over.

I've never said that it's foolish to pick Ronda as the champ always deserves that kind of respect. What is foolish, however, is a complete dismissal of Cyborg as just a bullish striker.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
That's cute considering I've fought professionally and competed in grappling tournaments. I'm well aware of what goes on in the clinch and how body type and strength changes the game. Yes, Ronda has a medal as does Cyborg. The difference is the gi and strikes. Ronda fights with far too much emotion and gets sloppy as a result. She did have a hell of a time with Meisha the second time as she escaped multiple attempts and was the first to get Ronda beyond the first round. Truth be told, Meisha had a terrible gameplan and kept shooting sloppy doubles that were countered over and over.

I've never said that it's foolish to pick Ronda as the champ always deserves that kind of respect. What is foolish, however, is a complete dismissal of Cyborg as just a bullish striker.
Fair enough, I have also competed in many different martial arts at a high level. Including grappling and Jiu jitsu tournaments. honestly I actually agree with you. Cyborg has talent maybe I wasn't getting that across. She does. But a huge part of her game is her strength (she tested positive for steroids) and Rondas game is manly her technique, and she is also very strong. I never dismissed cyborg as a bullish striker I am we'll aware she wins fights as I have seen many if not all of them. But Ronda's better IMO. There is no argument here, all that we can do is wait and see if it ever goes down.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman General Chat 6
Aleksandar37 MMA 12
Aleksandar37 MMA 1
The Solution General Chat 42
MMA 63