Ron Kramer Nitrate Patents

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So I'm slightly confused about the wording of these patents.

"CLAIMS(2)
1. An Amino Acid Compound consisting essentially of a nitrate or nitrite of an Amino Acid selected from the group consisting of Arginine Beta Alanine, Agmatine, Citrulline, Creatine, Glutamine, L-Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Norvaline, or Ornithine.
2. The Amino Acid Compound of claim 1 wherein the Amino Acid is Arginine."

Do they mean that supplements can't use any combination of Agmatine nitrate, arginine nitrate, etc or that a product can't contain one of these ingredients and then also have a nitrate in the formula? Or does it mean both of these things?

"A composition and a supplement formulation includes: at least one constituent selected from the group consisting of a vegetable nitrate source, a vegetable nitrite source, and both; and at least one constituent amino acid selected from the group consisting of Arginine, Agmatine, Beta Alanine, Citrulline, Creatine, Glutamine, L-Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Norvaline, Ornithine, Valine, Aspartic Acid, Cysteine, Glycine, Lysine, Methionine, Proline, Tyrosine, and Phenylalanine."

And does this mean you can't combine a standardized vegetable nitrate with any of those ingredients without infringing a patent? Thanks for the help. Full patents can be found here:

Ronald A. Kramer Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications - Justia Patents Search

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leave it to Ron Kramer to confuse any and everyone lol

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We need a lawyer. Paging 1-800- Woody !

edit: From reading the whole thing, it looks like it covers "mixtures" as well as chemically bonded "compounds".

I hate patent trolls.

S

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amazing that Thermolife hasn't put out a single worthwhile product since Pump-Bol...which was what 10yrs. ago? I guess why should RK, makes more money suing people for patent infringement so there is never a need to make his company grow.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Some things I read make it seem like it only applies to amino nitrates, creatine nitrates, potassium. Others make it seem like its everything

Wonder if that second one I posted means you can even put beetroot extract in a producy with Agmatine, citruline, etc. without patent infringement

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe, but I may be incorrect, that it is any source of nitrate in combination with Amino Acids, however he acquired a new patent at beginning of this year that covers use of nitrates for NO even without presence of Aminos.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So what will this mean for high volume?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I 'd guess PES has licensed Arg-nitrate from TL.
Yep. There are a few companies that do... Usplabs and cellucor are a couple that come to mind.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We need a lawyer. Paging 1-800- Woody !

edit: From reading the whole thing, it looks like it covers "mixtures" as well as chemically bonded "compounds".

I hate patent trolls.
The party you are trying to call cannot be reached. Please hang up and try your call without IP

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
The party you are trying to call cannot be reached. Please hang up and try your call without IP
Deniedddd.

But thats some BS if he's just trying to patent nitrates just for patent infringement.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is no point in ever discussing ron kramer..

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Not that I have an opinion one way or the other (cuz I haven't looked into it) - But I don't think this qualifies as "Patent Trolling". IIRC, he came up with the idea and it passed a Patent Search - that's the system (which I think our system sucks, but I digress). Patent Trolls buy portfolios from other companies and then sit on them, searching for violations, and then (usually) filing them in one jurisdiction in Texas that is infamous for allowing Patent Trolling lawsuits to proceed.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There is no point in ever discussing ron kramer..
This is morso for my understanding of what is legal and not infringement with regards to formulations. Not so much as on the man himself