Romney's Running mate

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are correct, Clinton did cut defense spending but it wasnt anything significant, if I read correctly it was reduced by 16% which imo isnt significant, defense was just put on a short term sale. We really dunno how much is really spent under any administration anyways due to the black budgets so a decrease in defense can coincide with an increase in black budgets so we never know.

We can look further back and history and see the biggest military spender by far was Liberal democrat Franklin Rosevelt, and liberal democrat LBJ launched the Vietnam War which also made increases in defense spending.

The only point Im trying to make is (as you know as I repeat over and over, lol) there is no significance between the two parties.
16% is significant when you look at the total of the expenses. I do agree though, black projects are certainly things we cant account for. I had an interesting conversation with someone once who was a government contractor. Pretty eye opening

It only makes sense that LBJ and FDR were huge in expenditures. You are right, there is not anything drastically different. they approach the issues with "different" words, but leave it the same way.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
16% is significant when you look at the total of the expenses. I do agree though, black projects are certainly things we cant account for. I had an interesting conversation with someone once who was a government contractor. Pretty eye opening

It only makes sense that LBJ and FDR were huge in expenditures. You are right, there is not anything drastically different. they approach the issues with "different" words, but leave it the same way.
edit, never-mind.

Yes, its good to try to speak and engage with those on the 'in"

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The tax thing is silly. People should be more pissed about how obama spends OUR money!!
That tax thing is silly, if Romney isnt paying income tax he isnt breaking Constitutional law. The dialogue should be the illegal income tax system as a whole, not Romney.

Lets try not to (and I dont mean to tell you what to do, lol) get caught up with Obama and how he spends our money, if Romney was President the past 4 years nothing would really be different.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I don't think romney said "you didn't build that." Obama is anti business, sosicalist/ Communist mother fuker and USA should be embarrassed to have a moron like him as our president.
Karl would be proud hearing him say "let's move forward....with shared prosperity"

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Huh...actually found something I highly respect and admire Paul Ryan about, he is a workout freak! Trains in (and I thought I heard he teaches) P90X too.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/13/paul-ryan-s-extreme-workout-plan.html

from what I read, the guy is 6=8% body fat

I still dont think Romney/Ryan win, as I think regardless of how they try to get out in front of the "plan" the left will continue to play it as a destruction of medicare, even though Obamacare is far worse, which could cost him a swing state here or there. Americans in general are stupid and listen to the talking heads.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established

I still dont think Romney/Ryan win, as I think regardless of how they try to get out in front of the "plan" the left will continue to play it as a destruction of medicare, even though Obamacare is far worse, which could cost him a swing state here or there. Americans in general are stupid and listen to the talking heads.
I agree AE

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think romney said "you didn't build that." Obama is anti business, sosicalist/ Communist mother fuker and USA should be embarrassed to have a moron like him as our president.
Yes I saw that speech, I didnt approve of the way that came across.

Well...I dont think that was as bad as when he bowed down to communist dictator Hu Jintao and our wonderful compassionate oil King of Saudi Arabia.

I dont get it (well I do.) Romney passes approximately the same health care law that Obamacare is modeled after yet he preaches to repeal Obamacare on day 1, lol what a joke and people cheer Romney for those threats.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Karl would be proud hearing him say "let's move forward....with shared prosperity"
Karl deep in his mind would be proud thinking how he made his Wall Street and Central Bank financers a crap load of money.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont get it (well I do.) Romney passes approximately the same health care law that Obamacare is modeled after yet he preaches to repeal Obamacare on day 1, lol what a joke and people cheer Romney for those threats.
I actually like the way Romney has handled this. He offered it as a state option, not federal. Which is a huge distinction as a states rights issue.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually like the way Romney has handled this. He offered it as a state option, not federal. Which is a huge distinction as a states rights issue.
Thats true. I like how the country is supposed to be set up as mini-countries which makes it more flexible for people to move should they not be compatible with local laws.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty much every Republican was for something like Obamacare until it was coming from Democrats. Then it magically became poison...but if it got proposed by Romney (or say McCain did when he won) they would lap it all up yummy yummy. Back to Ax's no significant difference between the two parties, certainly not fiscally.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty much every Republican was for something like Obamacare until it was coming from Democrats. Then it magically became poison...but if it got proposed by Romney (or say McCain did when he won) they would lap it all up yummy yummy. Back to Ax's no significant difference between the two parties, certainly not fiscally.
I agree it is certainly a similar plan, however, there is a huge difference between mandating it for a nation than a state. The whole purpose of federal government (as written in the constitution) is to allow all powers not expressly given to the federal government to be granted to the state. I think Romneycare makes that hugely different. I dont agree with any form of socialized medicine for those over 21, but I think the comparison is entirely different. (damn, I sound too much like Ron Paul......Ax I know you are smiling)

I do agree though, that Republicans would have loved it if they came out with it, and Democrats would have hated it then.

It is the nonsense that is our 2-party system

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
What even went through his mind when he said that. So when immigrants came to america their hard work and determination didn't make them successful the government did?? i don't think so. whats next, every pound of muscle i put on the government helped me build that too. What a joke.

He should have been impeached for that. they bow to us... we are the greatest nation on the planet. He makes us look weak and like we are the bad guys.
http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/encounter/jamie-dimon-2012-8/

it's a free ****ing country..

or it's supposed to be

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What even went through his mind when he said that. So when immigrants came to america their hard work and determination didn't make them successful the government did?? i don't think so. whats next, every pound of muscle i put on the government helped me build that too. What a joke.

He should have been impeached for that. they bow to us... we are the greatest nation on the planet. He makes us look weak and like we are the bad guys.
His opinion and freedom of speech are not impeachable offenses. His policies are. He took oath of office to protect the Constitution and he has ripped it to shreds which his police state policies, stripping of our basic rights and liberties with the extension of the Patriot Act, NDAA act, National Resources Separateness Act, etc...and his cooperation with the UN to grant him war authorities without seeking congressional approval and much more.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol I cant believe. Anybody would vote for romney. He flip flops everything he says. Even if he was well spoken he wouldnt get my vote since im union.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol I cant believe. Anybody would vote for romney. He flip flops everything he says. Even if he was well spoken he wouldnt get my vote since im union.Unionist
I agree with you 100% with your statement on Romney, but your not suggesting Obama hasn't flip flopped on everything he says, are you?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Lol I cant believe. Anybody would vote for romney. He flip flops everything he says. Even if he was well spoken he wouldnt get my vote since im union.Unionist
because Marxism isn't the answer to our problems..

but yes, Romney is a flip flopper

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
I'm not a fan of either candidate.. they're both flip-floppers.

BUT I'll definitely be voting for Romney simply because his goal is to bring the jobs back to America, which is what we need.. plus I support free trade and small businesses.. large corporations don't do anybody HERE any good.

People just need to be logical and use common sense.. do you want all the jobs to be in China and buy our oil from other countries.. or bring the jobs back home and use our own resources and avoid war?

Pretty simple to me!

Liberal minded people aren't looking at the big picture.. they just think the Republican party is out to take away everybody's fun, haha.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a fan of either candidate.. they're both flip-floppers.

BUT I'll definitely be voting for Romney simply because his goal is to bring the jobs back to America, which is what we need.. plus I support free trade and small businesses.. large corporations don't do anybody HERE any good.

People just need to be logical and use common sense.. do you want all the jobs to be in China and buy our oil from other countries.. or bring the jobs back home and use our own resources and avoid war?

Pretty simple to me!

Liberal minded people aren't looking at the big picture.. they just think the Republican party is out to take away everybody's fun, haha.
Do you really think Romney isnt going to give big time support to the large corporations and banks/financial institutions that are financing his campaign and that will lobby him once he is in the white house?

I do like what you say though in regards to small businesses and free trade.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
Do you really think Romney isnt going to give big time support to the large corporations and banks/financial institutions that are financing his campaign and that will lobby him once he is in the white house?

I do like what you say though in regards to small businesses and free trade.
well I know Romney is a little corrupt.. you do have a point.. but looking at the big picture, he'll do more good than bad.. I hope :)

Reactions: ax1

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
His opinion and freedom of speech are not impeachable offenses. His policies are. He took oath of office to protect the Constitution and he has ripped it to shreds which his police state policies, stripping of our basic rights and liberties with the extension of the Patriot Act, NDAA act, National Resources Separateness Act, etc...and his cooperation with the UN to grant him war authorities without seeking congressional approval and much more.
Sadly, there have been countless who have done this....and none will be impeached

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol I cant believe. Anybody would vote for romney. He flip flops everything he says. Even if he was well spoken he wouldnt get my vote since im union.
I am union as well.....that does not play any role in this decision for me

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
(my post was a little off topic.. but since Ryan was already chosen, I guess it doesn't matter.. haha)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
(my post was a little off topic.. but since Ryan was already chosen, I guess it doesn't matter.. haha)
Its ok, we have jumped all over the place here the entire time, lol

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
every politician is corrupt...

but the Obama administration is by far the worst imo. Just look at Eric Holder and the fast and furious thing. They all know he did it! and Obama does nothing about it.
he went one step farther and tried to protect holder.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
every politician is corrupt...

but the Obama administration is by far the worst imo. Just look at Eric Holder and the fast and furious thing. They all know he did it! and Obama does nothing about it.
exactly.. he's not even a real American! he ran for president to run our country into the ground knowing 98% of all blacks would vote for him, and all of the liberals and college students.. which makes up most of the population.. it was a no-brainer that he was going to win the first time.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
I actually wish Herman Cain would have been the GOP candidate.. he would've had a way better chance because minorities won't vote for a white man :\

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
It's all a wasted discussion - there is NO Presidential election.

It's a "Pilot" election and you're voting on the guy YOU want to be in the ****pit when the plane crashes. Both guys are gonna crash the plane.

Really - this is a no brainer. This election is a waste of good air.

EDIT: The word "C0CKPIT" trips the profanity filter here?

Really?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I was in the teachers union, absolutely.

Now in the administrators union, not at all
Just to add to this, I was never a big fan of the teachers union but knew I had to be in it for security purposes. As a teacher I did have a run in with them once about wearing a color. I was asked if I was color blind. Made me laugh in their faces and respond "why yes I am, how did you know?"

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
and college records.
he made this illegal.

like I said to ax before, it would kill his re-election if they see Marxist theory papers that received bad grades written by a foreign exchange student (with jest)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's all a wasted discussion - there is NO Presidential election.

It's a "Pilot" election and you're voting on the guy YOU want to be in the ****pit when the plane crashes. Both guys are gonna crash the plane.

Really - this is a no brainer. This election is a waste of good air.

EDIT: The word "C0CKPIT" trips the profanity filter here?

Really?
Wow Honda, something we agree on for once, lol

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and Obama's birth certificate.
Even if his birth certificate wasn't fraudulent, a Hawaiian birth certificate is not a legitimate document proving birth in the USA since they legally give them out to anybody born outside of Territory.

All you have to do is check written law.

Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an
adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue
a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been
submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual
while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory
or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately
preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscur...-0017_0008.HTM

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to add to this, I was never a big fan of the teachers union but knew I had to be in it for security purposes. As a teacher I did have a run in with them once about wearing a color. I was asked if I was color blind. Made me laugh in their faces and respond "why yes I am, how did you know?"
I was a part of a Union as well. I couldnt understand it, I came in there with no knowledge about the job yet I was put on the same 100% exact salary as 30 year hard working vets. It was all in my favor of course so of course I didnt complain, but shows me why Unions in some cases are so screwed up as there is no incentive in the job to do better.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was a part of a Union as well. I couldnt understand it, I came in there with no knowledge about the job yet I was put on the same 100% exact salary as 30 year hard working vets. It was all in my favor of course so of course I didnt complain, but shows me why Unions in some cases are so screwed up as there is no incentive in the job to do better.
I was ok with it from a protection perspective, especially since some parents are able to get teachers fired. However, the flip side is that bad teachers get protected which is downright terrible.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was ok with it from a protection perspective, especially since some parents are able to get teachers fired. However, the flip side is that bad teachers get protected which is downright terrible.
I remember one rule was that we were not permitted to rat on each other to management, even if they fell asleep on the job (which was very, very often) or did something criminal. If I did complain to management Id breach contract and be into trouble.

So messed up, but they seem to be a necessary evil in some ways.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you guys seen the recent Biden gaffes? There have been a lot of articles where there is a call for Obama to drop him

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
Have you guys seen the recent Biden gaffes? There have been a lot of articles where there is a call for Obama to drop him
probably because they want a fellow Kenyan to take his place.. they are trying to eliminate white Americans from office. hahah.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
probably because they want a fellow Kenyan to take his place.. they are trying to eliminate white Americans from office. hahah.
Oy...:rolleyes:

If there was a decent candidate outside of Biden maybe it would be a possibility.....but I dont see anyone available.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, with the claim that African Americans will have chains put back on them should Republicans take power.

That man is really over the hill (unless its planned that way, dunno.)